Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Prevention: Red Sox 2010 season thread part 1

Does anyone care? Probably not our GM.

Way to not sign anyone who can swing a bat you ****ing jackanapes.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Re: Fun Prevention: Red Sox 2010 season thread part 1

How do you really feel?
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

And I thought my Tech score update threads were pessimistic. JFC.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

A tip of the cap to the thread title.
        2005 Crowder Award Winner
        Charter Member of the "Ask a Yankee Fan" Thread

"hey safety school, think of it this way. BC girls wear superfan shirts because they wear them tight and look hot. BU girls wear jersies and face paint to cover up their fat, ugly bodies. quite frankly, i wear my jersies to games and I enjoy seeing the girls who don't." - SteveF

"Giants Stadium...you thought I was never comin' back!?!" - #92 Michael Strahan

GIANTS!
        2008 NFC East Champions

Comment

Twitch - I learned from the best.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

See, I knew if I waited long enough someone would start this thread with a better title than I would have come up with.

Comment

beckett didn't sign that offer yet, did he?!? there is still time to pull it back
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Beckett isn't sharp in a season opener against NY? I'm shocked.

Beckett is the #1 pitcher on this team in reputation only.
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

What the hell was Victor Martinez thinking on that double steal? Beckett is out. The Yanks are doing what they do best and waiting for pitches and getting into the other teams bullpen.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Does anyone care? Probably not our GM.

Way to not sign anyone who can swing a bat you ****ing jackanapes.
                    Scutaro, Beltre, and Cameron are 4-7. Our "ace" . . . wasn't. Keep the faith.
                    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

OK, so, this game is actually kinda fun now. Sorry Jon.

These games on ESPN Sunday nights are always so loooooooooooong.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        OK, so, this game is actually kinda fun now. Sorry Jon.

These games on ESPN Sunday nights are always so loooooooooooong.
                        It's because they always show the Yankees/Red Sox.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

w.t.f. is with the jacket and the audio? I'm not a huge fan of the song, but if you're going to have it sung live at Fenway...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            Twitch - I learned from the best.
                            If you dare foul the good name of Ronald McDonald Insanity, I'll...I'll...I won't like it very much.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              It's because they always show the Yankees/Red Sox.
                              You mean the rest of the nation wasn't subjected to seeing UCONN draw and quarter Baylor? See, there are worse things than 9 hour baseball games!

Everyone on this thread does realize that I'm going to be this pessimistic all season, right? It's carryover from watching Team Army, the Bruins "offense" and the Celtic's second half performances all winter.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                              X