• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Blockbuster

As John Nolte writes at Big Hollywood:

"Men and guns and badassery portrayed as good things?"

Can't wait!

******* width="576" height="324">****** name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf">****** name="flashVars" value="vid=18909047&repeat=1&">****** name="allowfullscreen" value="true">****** name="wmode" value="transparent">****** width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=18909047&repeat=1&">
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Re: Summer Blockbuster

So is the Expendables just an effort for the geriatrics to annoint their picks as the next action heroes?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
      As John Nolte writes at Big Hollywood:

"Men and guns and badassery portrayed as good things?"

Can't wait!

******* width="576" height="324">****** name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf">****** name="flashVars" value="vid=18909047&repeat=1&">****** name="allowfullscreen" value="true">****** name="wmode" value="transparent">****** width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=18909047&repeat=1&">
      I can't help it...that looks friggin AWESOME! Not only does it combine like all the great action heroes of the 80s but it has the ROCKY IV REUNION! Dolph Lungren and Stallone together...I MUST BREAK YOU!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        So is the Expendables just an effort for the geriatrics to annoint their picks as the next action heroes?
        Hey - respect your elders or we geriatrics will have to administer a serious butt-kicking!

Comment

The entire time I watched the preview I thought "this can't be real". Plus it was posted on April 1st.

So I withhold judgment.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            The entire time I watched the preview I thought "this can't be real". Plus it was posted on April 1st.

So I withhold judgment.
            Withold no more! It opens in August

So, I wonder how many of these will be in the movie?
            Last edited by SteveP; 04-02-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

So I withhold judgment.
              Oh it is real, it has been the subject of talk for a while now. There was quite the buzz when Van Dam turned them down...no I am soooooo not kidding!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Oh it is real, it has been the subject of talk for a while now. There was quite the buzz when Van Dam turned them down...no I am soooooo not kidding!
                Idiot, This movie looks like it would be a great connector for people that love to play "Six Degrees of Sepration". He just mess that up for a lot of people.

And finally, How could that site there not list "Get to da Choppah!!!" for the Arnold quotes???
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

My buddy said the only one missing from this movie is Carl Weathers...now I never thought of that but he is absolutely right!
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

My buddy said the only one missing from this movie is Carl Weathers...now I never thought of that but he is absolutely right!
                    Yeah, he would have been a good one to throw into that mix there as well. Isn't Danny "Machette" Trejo suppost to be in this flick as well??
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

I think so, but probably in some minor cameo roll getting his head cut off by Steve Austin or something
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They missed Gov. Jesse as well!

Poncho: You're bleeding, man. You're hit.
                        Blain: I ain't got time to bleed.
                        Poncho: Oh... Okay...
                        Poncho: You got time to duck?

Comment

Jason strathams character is named Lee Christmas. They must have allowed each actor to pick their own name.
                          "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            They missed Gov. Jesse as well!

Poncho: You're bleeding, man. You're hit.
                            Blain: I ain't got time to bleed.
                            Poncho: Oh... Okay...
                            Poncho: You got time to duck?
                            Yeah, Nick Cage would have been a good one to throw in for a quick cameo as well. Something that involves him dying ideally....

It just happens.

Comment

How about a double feature (showing my age there) with Expendables and The Losers!

******* width="576" height="324">****** name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf">****** name="flashVars" value="repeat=1&vid=17917436&">****** name="allowfullscreen" value="true">****** name="wmode" value="transparent">****** width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="repeat=1&vid=17917436&">

Comment

Working...
                              X