Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An Open Letter To All USCHO Crackpots and Knuckledraggers - by Rover

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    That's two posts better than what we typically see around here!
    I wish I could point you to the PC thread as a model of decorum, but 4-5 area clowns ruined that thread with their negativity!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      That's two posts better than what we typically see around here!
      Stop being such an optimist.
      "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
        Just how juvenile does one have to be to not understand...
        Rover
        "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          You've now jumped Rover. Congrats.
          Stop making my point.
          "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            but 4-5 area clowns ruined that thread with their negativity!
            The nerve of some people...
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Rover will sleep better tonight

Fidel approves of Obamacare

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...0,470625.story
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Rover will sleep better tonight

Fidel approves of Obamacare

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...0,470625.story
                ...and Obama hearts Fidel. <3 <3 <3
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dropthatpuck View Post
                  Stop making my point.
                  When you have a point I will let you know, but in the meantime have fun with the, "America is a hair's breadth from being Cuba" thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
                    Promises? This administration has done very little but lie since it came in to office. Guantanamo closed? Nope. Troops out of Iraq? Not even close. Gay marriage? His Justice Dept is fighting AGAINST it. Transparency? Not a single bill signed that I'm aware of has been online for review for the 72 hours promised. Don't ask, don't tell? Still the rule. Going through the budget "line-by-line"? Nope, too busy frivolously borrowing, printing and spending money.

And now you expect them to NOT raise taxes on the bottom 98% of Americans? Precedent says bullsh*t.

What makes me cringe is that nobody on the left sees the writing on the wall with this unfolding scenario.
                    My point must have been too subtle for the UMD contingent on the board.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Re: An Open Letter To All USCHO Crackpots and Knuckledraggers - by Rover

Well... max bacaus has assured us that this is all about income "maldistribution" and not about assuring americans of personal security in their lives. Its nice when the mask slips... like it has been all week long. These are the moments when liberals say what they really believe because they know nothing can be done.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

WWRD.......... ( )

Massachusetts alumni! Join us in making a difference.

April 16th through the 23rd is your chance to change lives and communities by participating in Boston University’s inaugural Global Day of Service.

Volunteer your time at one of the sites below, then log your hours on the Global Day of Service website. After the event, we will share the event’s grand tally of service hours with the BU community to show the difference we’ve made!

Please give your time to the following:

Pine Street Inn
                        444 Harrison Ave., Boston, MA 02118
                        Project description: Preparing and serving lunch
                        Register now!

Mass Equality
                        262 Washington St., Boston, MA 02108
                        Project description: Phone-a-thon for marriage equality
                        Register now!

Room to Grow
                        142 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02216
                        Project description: Sorting and packaging baby clothing
                        Register now!

Rosie’s Place
                        889 Harrison Ave., Boston, MA 02118
                        Project description: Serving dinner
                        Register now!
                        (Sorry, no children under 12 allowed)

Greater Boston Food Bank
                        70 South Bay Ave., Boston, MA 02118
                        Project description: Sorting salvaged food
                        Register now!
                        (Sorry, no children under 16 allowed)

Arts Without Borders
                        45 Mount Auburn St., Cambridge, MA 02138
                        Project description: Painting the gallery to prepare for a new show; spring cleaning
                        Register now!
                        (Sorry, no children under 18 allowed)

Harvest Food Pantry at Cambridgeport Baptist Church
                        459 Putnam Ave., Cambridge, MA 02139
                        Project description: Sorting and distributing food; organizing clothing donation closet
                        Register now!

Franklin Park Zoo
                        One Franklin Park Rd., Dorchester, MA 02121
                        Project description: Horticulture and landscaping, including planting trees, shrubs and flowers; landscape construction; raking; sweeping; shoveling; mulching; pushing and unloading wheelbarrows; collecting debris from grounds
                        Register now!

Forever Paws
                        Lynwood St., Fall River, MA 02721
                        Project description: Painting, outdoor work, morning clean-up
                        Register now!

Champ House
                        82 School St., Hyannis, MA 02601
                        Project description: Working with a high school confirmation class taking down wall paper
                        Register now!

Lazarus House
                        410 Hampshire St., Lawrence, MA 01841
                        Project description: Cleaning the thrift store, doing maintenance in the shelter, cooking for the shelter, cleaning up outdoors
                        Register now!

Cradles to Crayons
                        82 Myrtle St., North Quincy, MA 02171
                        Project description: Inspecting books, packing clothing, sorting through toys, stuffing backpacks, filling orders for local boys and girls at The Giving Factory
                        Register now!

Abby’s House
                        52 High St., 19 Crown St., 21-23 Crown St., Worcester, MA 01609
                        Project description: Outdoor raking and picking up leaves, cleaning, preparing a meal
                        Register now!

We’ve organized service sites in cities all over the world—check out the complete list. Don’t see your volunteering passion represented? Pledge your hours, gather a group, and strike out on your own!

The Boston University Alumni Association & Community Service Center would both like to thank the generous sponsors of the Global Day of Service:
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          Well... max bacaus has assured us that this is all about income "maldistribution" and not about assuring americans of personal security in their lives. Its nice when the mask slips... like it has been all week long. These are the moments when liberals say what they really believe because they know nothing can be done.
                          And I think it was John Dingle who this week let slip that it was all about "controlling" the people.

Comment

Are you cavemen still out here crying about the health care bill? Yikes. Look, as amusing as it was seeing you people on your knees weeping and praying for the Lord Cheney to save you, the bottom line is this is The Law Of The Land, and there's nothing you can do about it. Well, except for maybe cut somebody's gas line or something like that, which will get you a niiice visit from the FBI.

But, lets take on Right Wing Idiot Point #1. Repeal in 2011. How exactly do you idiots plan on accomplishing this? By winning 20 seats in the Senate? Gee guys, that seems a big optomistic. And what are you going to do about Obama?

Well, I guess if the death panels start offing people you might have a point. Make sure you post the first time that happens. Its a good thing the constituency for Republicans is stupid people.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              And I think it was John Dingle who this week let slip that it was all about "controlling" the people.
                              Normally when the republican mask slips it ends up being some element of racism or the idea that dinosaurs walked the earth with Adam and Eve and such... yeah... awful and/or scary things but ultimately of lesser consequence... when a liberal says what he believes it affects a whole lot more people immediately... ideas like "prices should be fixed", "income needs to be redistributed", "things should be taken for the public good because taking is moral"... "lets bankrupt them all"... "people who disagree with me should shut up"... "we know better than the rest of them"... etc.

edit: for example, cap and trade brings a whole lot of vengeance items in the way of taxation which then the taxes are given to the government so they can spend on their pet ideological concerns. Very little of it is rooted in practicality when you get down to it. A lot of it comes down to "we don't think you should have that" or "we think its better if you do this... and we'll make you do it" or "this is a better way to live your life even if you don't want to". Hell, I mean take the lightbulb issue. We're no longer going to sell one of the simplest consumer products in the universe because we've been told that "don't think you should have that" and "this is a better way to live your life even if you don't want to"... instead they hand us this expensive glass thing that contains enough mercury to poison your children's children... of course ignoring the patience they should take for LED lightbulbs to reach their feasibility... they're already in flashlights. Instead we have to use their magical mystical mercury containing earth bulb. Give me a break.
                              Last edited by Patman; 03-25-2010, 10:35 PM.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                Normally when the republican mask slips it ends up being some element of racism or the idea that dinosaurs walked the earth with Adam and Eve and such... yeah... awful and/or scary things but ultimately of lesser consequence... when a liberal says what he believes it affects a whole lot more people immediately... ideas like "prices should be fixed", "income needs to be redistributed", "things should be taken for the public good because taking is moral"... "lets bankrupt them all"... "people who disagree with me should shut up"... "we know better than the rest of them"... etc.
                                And the excuse is always "well, he was taken out of context" or "he was tired and didn't really mean it" (which was the actual excuse in this case) and we are told to disregard it and it's never brought up again.

If it's what you were describing, it's a black mark and it'll always be brought up.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X