Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    spoon-fed?

my knowledge comes from my family who lived it and escaped it.
    My point was this isn't Cuba and we aren't close to approaching Cuba. Fine, I'll replace "spoon-fed rhetoric" with "hyperbole" and "non-sequitur" if you prefer.

Comment

Re: An Open Letter To All USCHO Crackpots and Knuckledraggers - by Rover

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I like the plan to make Dems vote on eliminating viagara prescription coverage for sex offenders.

You know, if only they had opened up this bill for criticism... but then we'd have a transparent government... and we can't have that when there's change to be had.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        I like the plan to make Dems vote on eliminating viagara prescription coverage for sex offenders.

You know, if only they had opened up this bill for criticism... but then we'd have a transparent government... and we can't have that when there's change to be had.
        This is stupid. Both sides need to have someone dope slap them. Have we no more statesmen/women? It seems that all we have are a bunch of spoiled brats who won't work with each other. Doing this stuff makes them worse than the dumbheads like Pelosi and Reid. It sure isn't productive. Exactly what will it achieve besides plug up the works so important things can't be dealt with?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          This is stupid. Both sides need to have someone dope slap them. Have we no more statesmen/women? It seems that all we have are a bunch of spoiled brats who won't work with each other. Doing this stuff makes them worse than the dumbheads like Pelosi and Reid. It sure isn't productive. Exactly what will it achieve besides plug up the works so important things can't be dealt with?
          Why not open the bill up to the public for consideration... hell, why not hold hearings on such an important matter?

I think the viagara bit is exactly the comeuppance the Dems deserve for not opening this up. I don't see why these guys shouldn't stand to be embarrassed.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            My point
            Paradox.
            "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              Why not open the bill up to the public for consideration... hell, why not hold hearings on such an important matter?

I think the viagara bit is exactly the comeuppance the Dems deserve for not opening this up. I don't see why these guys shouldn't stand to be embarrassed.
              I think they all should be embarassed but just because one side are idiots doesn't mean the other side should be idiots too. They all disgust me.

Comment

I think they all should be embarassed but just because one side are idiots doesn't mean the other side should be idiots too. They all disgust me.
                Some acts are more disgusting than others:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...v=rss_politics

Gotta love the righties. Resorting to annoymous death threats and throwing bricks through windows. Time to back to playing in the sandbox while the adults run the country.

Some other interesting points:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...avorable_N.htm

And...

http://www.frumforum.com/waterloo
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

We need leaders but we keep electing politicians...
                  more people know who got through to the next round of DWTS than understand the healthcare bill...we shouldn't expect anything other than what we are seeing.
                  I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
                    What I want to know is who ****ed off the tanning bed industry.

I guess we now know how Obama plans to pay for his new bureaucracy.
                    No, they must have that wrong. I clearly remember his campaign promise that he would only raise taxes on those making over $250K/year. Obviously there will be need to show your 1040 form before tanning, so only the rich pay that tax.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dropthatpuck View Post
                      Paradox.
                      You've now jumped Rover. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        You've now jumped Rover. Congrats.
                        Not possible.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Gotta love the righties. Resorting to annoymous death threats and throwing bricks through windows. Time to back to playing in the sandbox while the adults run the country.
                          I can almost guarantee that some of those attacks were committed by liberals.

Which by no means excuses the ones carried out by right wingers of course.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Reasoned exchange? There's been like two good posts and five pages of feces hurling on both sides.
                            That's two posts better than what we typically see around here!
                            Originally posted by Priceless
                            Good to see you're so reasonable.
                            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                            Very well, said.
                            Originally posted by Rover
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Some other interesting points:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...avorable_N.htm

And...

http://www.frumforum.com/waterloo
                              Just how juvenile does one have to be to not understand that the acts of a few don't necessarily reflect the views of the whole. Nothing like broad sweeping generalizations (with childish insults) to say something that anyone with a brain knows isn't true.
                              Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                No, they must have that wrong. I clearly remember his campaign promise that he would only raise taxes on those making over $250K/year. Obviously there will be need to show your 1040 form before tanning, so only the rich pay that tax.
                                Promises? This administration has done very little but lie since it came in to office. Guantanamo closed? Nope. Troops out of Iraq? Not even close. Gay marriage? His Justice Dept is fighting AGAINST it. Transparency? Not a single bill signed that I'm aware of has been online for review for the 72 hours promised. Don't ask, don't tell? Still the rule. Going through the budget "line-by-line"? Nope, too busy frivolously borrowing, printing and spending money.

And now you expect them to NOT raise taxes on the bottom 98% of Americans? Precedent says bullsh*t.

What makes me cringe is that nobody on the left sees the writing on the wall with this unfolding scenario.
                                Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Working...
                                X