• Show
Clear All

Re: An Open Letter To All USCHO Crackpots and Knuckledraggers - by Rover

Ow. Ow. Owowowow --crack!-- Ahhhhh.
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

I'm glad it passed because it made a lot of really stupid people (like Michelle Bachmann) really mad.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
        That's funny.

We didn't get out of the G Depression until WWII. FDR's programs (WPA, CCC,...) prolonged the depression. Now if you want to believe the conspiracy theory that FDR got us into war by allowing Pearl Harbor to happen, have at it. Are you implying that a political party won WWII? Otherwise, I think Ike had more to do with winning WWII than FDR or Truman. Reagan won the Cold war that got the Soviets out of Ukraine, Latvia,... Oh, and this guy Lincoln emancipated millions of slaves and saved the union from falling apart. It is ironic that you mention winning the space race while Obama is cutting spending to NASA and putting more money into trains. Yeah, that's progress.

Keep drinking that kool aid.
        Absolutely false. The Depression was over by 1935. When conservatives attempted their "adjustments" to the New Deal after that, the result was the Recession of 1937.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          This is the part where you've proven that you've lost your mind. But, lets explore this for a minute. What do you truly hope to accomplish with McConnell and The Boner leading the Senate and the House? As you well know, Republicans are useless in power because their entire existence is a contradiction (no govt in your lives...EXCEPT for in your bedroom. Deficit reductions...EXCEPT when passing wealthy donor tax cuts financed by borrowing). I mean, really, haven't we seen this movie before? Bottom line is, the Dems passed a law to try to reduce the deficit. When is the last time the GOP could even claim that??? Now the same people that gave us the unfunded perscription drug benefit are going to be competent legislators? Do you believe in Santa Claus too?
          spending lowers deficits? what school did you go too?

and plante26 is right on.

You want GOP answers - ending slavery, winning WWII (Ike), freeing the Soviet Bloc (Peace through strength, "mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall"), more votes for the civil rights act, etc.

F Roosevelt extended the depression with his social welfare policies and he was saved by WWII.

Jack Kennedy may have inadvertently backed off the soviets from Cuba, but in the process allowed thousands of Cubans to die at the bay of pigs after backing off his promise to them of air support.

let's just talk about today.

Obama - mr. smartest president to ever be elected.
          Iran in our faces with their nuclear reactor, working with Russia with absolutely no fear of discipline or reprisal from the U.S. Would never happen under a strong GOP president.

Telling Israel that in effect we care more about the palestinian cause than their cause, thereby fracturing an alliance and friendship that has lasted since 1948 would never happen under a strong GOP president. EVER.

And I assume Rover, you were one who was yelling that George Bush (who I am NOT a fan of) alienated our allies by not listening to them....

well, Che Obama has alienated the same only with his arrogance and conceit. He practically won't even talk to these leaders.

Unemployment is at 10% nationally and this idealogue instead of focusing on jobs focuses on his Alinskyite quest for national healthcare that won't just ruin the best healthcare system in the world (see doctors leaving the field, see higher premiums, see rationing, and more), but bankrupt our shrinking private sector as he's already set-out to destroy what's left of it.

Is there anything Obama is doing that is not dividing the country, trashing the constitution, and destroying wealth?

Whomever the next president is, they're going to find out what these 350 unelected czar-type's have been up too and boot their asses into jail.

and to stuff the justice department with lawyers who defended gitmo detainees (when you've got a recidivism rate that's at least 20-25% that we know of, that is those caught re-fighting the war against us)

apologizing for the U.S. (thanks Saul)

give me a break. I know you're trying to get a rise out of some of us but how about giving this clown in office a serious look and some serious scrutiny
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            This is the part where you've proven that you've lost your mind. But, lets explore this for a minute. What do you truly hope to accomplish with McConnell and The Boner leading the Senate and the House? As you well know, Republicans are useless in power because their entire existence is a contradiction (no govt in your lives...EXCEPT for in your bedroom. Deficit reductions...EXCEPT when passing wealthy donor tax cuts financed by borrowing). I mean, really, haven't we seen this movie before? Bottom line is, the Dems passed a law to try to reduce the deficit. When is the last time the GOP could even claim that??? Now the same people that gave us the unfunded perscription drug benefit are going to be competent legislators? Do you believe in Santa Claus too?

You want GOP answers - ending slavery, winning WWII (Ike), freeing the Soviet Bloc (Peace through strength, "mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall"), more votes for the civil rights act, etc.

F Roosevelt extended the depression with his social welfare policies and he was saved by WWII.

Jack Kennedy may have inadvertently backed off the soviets from Cuba, but in the process allowed thousands of Cubans to die at the bay of pigs after backing off his promise to them of air support.

Iran in our faces with their nuclear reactor, working with Russia with absolutely no fear of discipline or reprisal from the U.S. Would never happen under a strong GOP president.

Telling Israel that in effect we care more about the palestinian cause than their cause, thereby fracturing an alliance and friendship that has lasted since 1948 would never happen under a strong GOP president. EVER.

And I assume Rover, you were one who was yelling that George Bush (who I am NOT a fan of) alienated our allies by not listening to them....

well, Che Obama has alienated the same only with his arrogance and conceit. He practically won't even talk to these leaders.

Unemployment is at 10% nationally and this idealogue instead of focusing on jobs focuses on his Alinskyite quest for national healthcare that won't just ruin the best healthcare system in the world (see doctors leaving the field, see higher premiums, see rationing, and more), but bankrupt our shrinking private sector as he's already set-out to destroy what's left of it.

Is there anything Obama is doing that is not dividing the country, trashing the constitution, and destroying wealth?

Whomever the next president is, they're going to find out what these 350 unelected czar-type's have been up too and boot their asses into jail.

and to stuff the justice department with lawyers who defended gitmo detainees (when you've got a recidivism rate that's at least 20-25% that we know of, that is those caught re-fighting the war against us)

give me a break. I know you're trying to get a rise out of some of us but how about giving this clown in office a serious look and some serious scrutiny
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Rover- Is this the part where your mother should have told you to win with class, lose with class? Gloating is counter-productive. How about figuring out how to make the thing work?

Comment

When do my health insurance premiums go down?
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Rover- Is this the part where your mother should have told you to win with class, lose with class? Gloating is counter-productive. How about figuring out how to make the thing work?
                  Tempting, though. Admit it.

I have no idea what's on Rover's mind (most of the time ), but since the letter was addressed to the knuckledraggers I think he's just rubbing glass in the eyes of the twits who wouldn't debate honestly even with a gun to their head. The vast middle who have sincere questions about the reform, and even many who fought on the other side but in good faith, nobody has a problem with. It's just that thin film of detritus on the edge that can never be happy with anything short of Sherman's March to assuage their lack of self-worth that get the occasional el-kabong.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 03-23-2010, 07:30 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I was excited to hear they are going to pay for yearly physicals for Medicare. This is really big! They were only paying for 1 in a lifetime and only in the 1st 6 months of enrollment. After that they made the person pay and if they didn't get one we had $ withheld because they weren't getting good care but they couldn't afford to come. This is HUGE!

Other exciting things that should save $ in the long haul- slow closing of the donut hole. Way too many of the people with multiple dx and meds were just stopping their meds because they could not afford the $ when they hit the donut hole. Mucho dollars spent when they became unstable and hospitalized.

The no exclusion provision is another one that is going to save in the long run as hopefully these people won't be presenting o the ER in Crisis with illness that costs us huge money becaue they weren't treated when it could have been handled in a less costly way. Happening for the next few yrs so it will take a bit but the kids will be right away.

Not happy with the whole thing but am ecstatic about the physical provision. This has had many of my elderly patients in a tizzy for a few yrs- ever since they decided that we HAD to charge them for the PE and we couldn't code the illnesses and have that be included in the care. If we did code that way we were threatened with charge of fraud.
                    Last edited by leswp1; 03-23-2010, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
                      Obviously the raging orgasm you've had over this diseased piece of legislative shiite has clouded your thinking.
                      TF - But I'm afraid his thinking has been clouded since he was a zygote.
                      "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        When do my health insurance premiums go down?
                        HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!

Whew.......eh........err..........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

They don't. Surprise! Back-door tax increase for any paying their own insurance premiums. Pun intended.
                        Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          I was excited to hear they are going to pay for yearly physicals for Medicare. This is really big! They were only paying for 1 in a lifetime and only in the 1st 6 months of enrollment. After that they made the person pay and if they didn't get one we had $ withheld because they weren't getting good care but they couldn't afford to come. This is HUGE!
                          Who is "they"?
                          "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dropthatpuck View Post
                            Who is "they"?
                            "We, they people...."

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              This ought to go over like a fart in church.
                              Wait, that's a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

You better hope that you aren't first in line for a death panel review because they will definitely determine that you should be put down. Your complete lack of any cognitive ability or any rational thought makes you totally worthless.

Oh, I forgot, there are no death panels. Boner and Mitch McTurtle made that up. I guess you're safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X