Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Milwaukee Brewers - Pitching: Quantity, or Quality????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Milwaukee Brewers - Pitching: Quantity, or Quality????

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
    Hawkins finally giving up some runs in the 8th. Pity it had to be with 2 outs. He walked two to load the bases and has let in 2.

6-5 Brewers and not out of the woods yet

edit: Indeed. 7-6 Cubs as Hawkins has thrown 34 pitches (and counting) in the 8th
    Wait...you guys got Latroy Hawkins?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Wait...you guys got Latroy Hawkins?
      Pitched 0.00 up until last inning.

Which was 39 pitches long...
      Embrace the hate.

Comment

Nothing like a ******** gift to a *hitty team. Walking two guys in the 8th up 3 runs is unexcusable.
        Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
        2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
        2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
        Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

That really really sucked. Like, a lot. All with 2 out, too. Gotta get out of the innings, fellas. At least Zaun has a batting average now.
          "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

aw, cheer up guys, Jeff Suppan is pitching today!!!!!

Mitch Stetter (?!?!?) sent to Nashville to make room for him.

nice story from the Boston Globe on CC and Mike Cameron, and their time here: http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...mixed_on_deal/

CC Sabathia spent only three months with the Brewers in 2008 but counts it as some of the most fun he has experienced in baseball.
            yeah, we do too.
            Last edited by jen; 04-15-2010, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post

Not only does Zaun not get hits, he hits into double plays, which is even worse.
              Man, is he ssslllllooooowwwwww....We were at the game Friday night and he was one 1st with the bases loaded and barely got to 3rd, when just about anyone on the team minus Feilder could have tried to score with the pitcher coming up and 2 outs.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

3 hits for Zaun yesterday. I gotta give him props when he does well if I'm going to be on his case.

Hopefully he can convince Suppan not to throw that pitch 3-0 to any more batters this year that he threw to Marlyn Byrd.
                Embrace the hate.

Comment

Gotta make some hay by winning the next 2 series against 2 bad teams. It would be a great time for Yo to get on track. If Weeks and whoever hits #2 can keep going they should be able to ride Braun to at least a couple of wins while he's going.

Comment

my deepest apologies for saying I liked the bullpen moves before the season. oh well, it's plenty early.

Comment

• Re: 2010 Milwaukee Brewers - Pitching: Quantity, or Quality????

3-0 Milwaukee, bases loaded, top of 1, no outs (2 hit batsman and a bases loaded walk)

Could be a high-scoring game with Davis going for Milwaukee.

Edit: 4-0 and Zaun with an RBI single

Marquis gets yanked at this point. Ouch.

Edit 2: Counsell with a grand slam and it is 10-0 Milwaukee with one out (Davis got the out with a sac fly)
                      Last edited by nmu_27; 04-18-2010, 01:02 PM.
                      Embrace the hate.

Comment

I like this tactic from the brewers. Score an a**load of runs before their pitching staff implodes.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Davis can't get out of the 5th and it is 10-5 Brewers and he can't earn a win after being spotted a 10-run lead.
                          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            I like this tactic from the brewers. Score an a**load of runs before their pitching staff implodes.
                            hopefully it will be enough
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Davis was cruising along thru 4. What the hell happened? This crap is getting ridiculous with veteran pitchers stinking up the joint.

Comment

Is it true the pitching staff still managed to give up 5 runs yesterday?

Comment

Working...
                                X