Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Milwaukee Brewers - Pitching: Quantity, or Quality????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Milwaukee Brewers - Pitching: Quantity, or Quality????

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Maybe have Edmonds hit 6th?
    After what I saw on opening day, I would say not hit Edmonds at all. He looked sssslllllloooooooowwwwww against big time heaters. I don't know what the difference was between Arizona and Milwaukee, other than the weather, but good lord, he just looked hopeless.

And from the "Fire Ken Macha" category: Yes, day one into the season and I was ****ed off at Macha. As I mentioned before, Edmonds looked like he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat against the 98 mph fastball. And that was a righty. So....tying run at the plate in the form of Edmonds, against a LEFTY throwing 95-97 mph....why in the name of all that is holy would you leave him in? Personal bias aside, wouldn't, I don't know, a right handed hitter have been a little more appropriate? I wouldn't have cared had he pulled a righty out of the stands instead of New Jesus. But you just can NOT leave Edmonds in there when his bat looked slow all day long.
    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

[QUOTE=powerofyellowandblack;4739604]After what I saw on opening day, I would say not hit Edmonds at all. He looked sssslllllloooooooowwwwww against big time heaters. I don't know what the difference was between Arizona and Milwaukee, other than the weather, but good lord, he just looked hopeless.

And from the "Fire Ken Macha" category: Yes, day one into the season and I was ****ed off at Macha. As I mentioned before, Edmonds looked like he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat against the 98 mph fastball. And that was a righty. So....tying run at the plate in the form of Edmonds, against a LEFTY throwing 95-97 mph....why in the name of all that is holy would you leave him in? Personal bias aside, wouldn't, I don't know, a right handed hitter have been a little more appropriate?QUOTE]

So would you have felt better if he had put Hart in there and watched him swing at three pitches in the dirt?

Comment

[QUOTE=The Ghost of Rory Marcus;4739751]
        Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
        After what I saw on opening day, I would say not hit Edmonds at all. He looked sssslllllloooooooowwwwww against big time heaters. I don't know what the difference was between Arizona and Milwaukee, other than the weather, but good lord, he just looked hopeless.

And from the "Fire Ken Macha" category: Yes, day one into the season and I was ****ed off at Macha. As I mentioned before, Edmonds looked like he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat against the 98 mph fastball. And that was a righty. So....tying run at the plate in the form of Edmonds, against a LEFTY throwing 95-97 mph....why in the name of all that is holy would you leave him in? Personal bias aside, wouldn't, I don't know, a right handed hitter have been a little more appropriate?QUOTE]

So would you have felt better if he had put Hart in there and watched him swing at three pitches in the dirt?
        You chose to leave out the part of my quote where I say "I don't care if they would have pulled a righty out of the stands instead of using New Jesus."
        "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Ghost of Rory Marcus View Post
          Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
          You chose to leave out the part of my quote where I say "I don't care if they would have pulled a righty out of the stands instead of using New Jesus."
          Awww, C'mon now. You think EVERY pitch to Hart is going to be a fastball low and away?
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

[QUOTE=powerofyellowandblack;4739805]

Fair nuff.... I wans't sure who the new savior was....

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Awww, C'mon now. You think EVERY pitch to Hart is going to be a fastball low and away?
              Oh, I am sure he would have gotten one breaking ball in the right hand box

Comment

Oh, I am sure he would have gotten one breaking ball in the right hand box
                And if he closed his eyes and swung, he may have even connected!

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Brewers come back from a 3-0/4-1 deficit to win 5-4! Hoffman gets save 593, kottaras scores from first on a double, when is the last time a catcher did that for the crew?
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Brewers come back from a 3-0/4-1 deficit to win 5-4! Hoffman gets save 593, kottaras scores from first on a double, when is the last time a catcher did that for the crew?
                    BJ Surhoff?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It certainly wasn't Damian miller, Rivera or Kendall.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Edmonds back in the 5th spot and goes 2-4 with 2 runs.

Coffey did a great job and LaTroy Hawkins has been great in the set-up role two straight days.
                        Embrace the hate.

Comment

Hardy is looking good for us so far. How is Gomez doing over there?
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

First off I'd like to thank MLB in foreseeing the future and scheduling the Brewers for an off-day so that they don't get lost in the shuffle of the Frozen Four.

Secondly, I'm sure the Great LaRussa and the Almighty Cardinals will be happy to know that the Brewers have started to treat baseball games with the full respect that they should by not untucking their shirts anymore after victories.

And finally, Carlos Gomez is how shall we say it still a work in progress. He hit an absolute bomb on opening day, has tried to drop down a couple of bunts, showed his speed in the outfield, and air-mailed third base by oh 15-20 feet on a throw from left-center.

Now on to Ford Field!

Comment

Yeah, Gomez gets a little excited. I hope he eventually learns to harness his energy and enthusiasm a bit.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Yeah, Gomez gets a little excited. I hope he eventually learns to harness his energy and enthusiasm a bit.
                                I actually liked that throw.... I didn't realize he had such a gun...

Comment

Working...
                                X