Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama 10: Rahm it through.....even in the shower.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama 10: Rahm it through.....even in the shower.

If you're under the age of 35 and expect to see one red cent from Social Security at any age unless you're disabled (now), I would like you to contact me immediately to take part in an exciting business opportunity from Nigeria that will net both of us millions.

Or if you're Priceless, I have an amazing weight loss plan devised by a mom in your hometown.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      If you're under the age of 35 and expect to see one red cent from Social Security at any age unless you're disabled (now), I would like you to contact me immediately to take part in an exciting business opportunity from Nigeria that will net both of us millions.

Or if you're Priceless, I have an amazing weight loss plan devised by a mom in your hometown.
      Well of course Red Cloud, because in your world 30 years hence Barack Obama will just be finishing up his 8th term in office having usurped the Constitution long ago. We'll all be worshiping some weird sort of pagan God at the gubmint's behest while cannibalism is all the rage amongst the serfs who weren't smart enough to join ACORN when they had the chance.

Is that about right?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Means testing is the way to go, or just reduce the promised benefits. Every year we all get the mailing, and its said they can only pay out 75% of the total at retirement as things stand now. Great, just make the 75% the new promise at retirement and lets call it a day. I'm not retiring for another 30 years, so really its not going to affect my life or retirement strategy any.

So I'll say again, despite the pleas of whiny knuckledraggers, Social Security is the least problematic of the country's budget problems. A few relatively painless tweaks and you will have weathered the demographic oddity of one generation making up such a large % of the country's population, and then the program becomes even more stable.
        I think if I were one of the "rich" folks I'd like to just keep paying only on a hundred thousand and just not getting my benefits unless I need them (insurance) later in life. That seems to be the way to go to me.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A problem easily solved by 1) means testing the benefits, and 2) more favorable demographics as the huge baby boomer population starts exiting the scene.
          So you're advocating more welfare. I love how people can rationalize stealing as long as you get a member of congress to do it.

Keep in mind, the more you punish success the less you will get of it.
          Last edited by MinnFan; 04-01-2010, 09:51 AM.
          "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
            So you're advocating more welfare. I love how people can rationalize stealing as long as you get a member of congress to do it.

Keep in mind, the more you punish success the less you will get of it.
            Are you responding to a voice in your head or to me? I'm a little confused as my post had nothing to do with more welfare. If anything, I'm calling for scaling back benefits. If the system can only pay 75% of current levels to people like myself 30+ years from now, my idea is simple. Reset it so that the 75% level is the new payout. Not sure what your issue is with that....

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Are you responding to a voice in your head or to me? I'm a little confused as my post had nothing to do with more welfare. If anything, I'm calling for scaling back benefits. If the system can only pay 75% of current levels to people like myself 30+ years from now, my idea is simple. Reset it so that the 75% level is the new payout. Not sure what your issue is with that....
              That, I have no issues with. When you "means test" SS (as was in your first post) it becomes welfare.
              "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
                That, I have no issues with. When you "means test" SS (as was in your first post) it becomes welfare.
                No, it's an insurance policy. I don't get money back from my insurance company if I don't need it and this is the same thing. It's insurance so you can have some money no matter if you go bankrupt or not if you worked in the United States and paid into the system.

It's not welfare.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So, Knucks' , remember when you all said the US was going to take a bath on the auto bailout and we should have lost those hundreds of thousands of jobs because they'd all go out of business?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36133013

Thoughts? Comments? Confessions?

Comment

The following is not a joke. This is from an actual Congressional hearing, and the person asking the questions is a member of Congress. Just start watching and make sure that you're listening closely at about the 1:25 mark.

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zNZczIgVXjg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zNZczIgVXjg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385">
                    Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                      The following is not a joke. This is from an actual Congressional hearing, and the person asking the questions is a member of Congress. Just start watching and make sure that you're listening closely at about the 1:25 mark.

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zNZczIgVXjg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zNZczIgVXjg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385">
                      That can't be real

Comment

Originally posted by neshl05 View Post
                        That can't be real
                        Well there isn't an IQ test to be a representative. Forgot which one of them said that.

Comment

Originally posted by neshl05 View Post
                          That can't be real
                          This is Hank Johnson. The same guy that said Conservatives all want to join the Klan and terrorize the countryside on horseback (or something) because they voted for McCain.
                          Now his handlers are trying to get him to say he was making an April Fools joke, and he's refusing to back down from the imminent capsizing of Guam.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

So, Knucks' , remember when you all said the US was going to take a bath on the auto bailout and we should have lost those hundreds of thousands of jobs because they'd all go out of business?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36133013

Thoughts? Comments? Confessions?
                            Its great they moved units, Did they make any money doing it?
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              This is Hank Johnson. The same guy that said Conservatives all want to join the Klan and terrorize the countryside on horseback (or something) because they voted for McCain.
                              Now his handlers are trying to get him to say he was making an April Fools joke, and he's refusing to back down from the imminent capsizing of Guam.
                              Ok, I never heard of old Hank, so that clears things up.
                              Last edited by neshl05; 04-01-2010, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                No, it's an insurance policy. I don't get money back from my insurance company if I don't need it and this is the same thing. It's insurance so you can have some money no matter if you go bankrupt or not if you worked in the United States and paid into the system.

It's not welfare.
                                But the insurance in this case is for living past a certain age regardless of wealth. It was sold as you paying a down payment for a future benefit. Not paying for someone else's benefit.

If it is truly insurance against not having enough money then people should (and would) be able to opt out and take the risk on their own.

Comment

Working...
                                X