Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama 10: Rahm it through.....even in the shower.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama 10: Rahm it through.....even in the shower.

Continue.
    Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Re: Obama 10: Rahm it through.....even in the shower.

I wonder if Obama will celebrate his 50th next year with a tickle fight...

Comment

I nominate Scooby and Priceless to be the official martyrs for all those who hate private industry.
      "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dropthatpuck View Post
        I nominate Scooby and Priceless to be the official martyrs for all those who hate private industry.
        Even pro-market economists realize the market has shortfalls.

Private industry isn't perfect, and in certain instances and circumstances isn't even preferable.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

Private industry isn't perfect, and in certain instances and circumstances isn't even preferable.
          I have to agree. I work in a very regulated industry (financial services/lending) and properly drafted and enforced rules can benefit all players since you're all bound by a common framework. However, the mish-mash of garbage coming from Congress and the agencies to cover their respective asses is ludicrous.
          "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Communist!

Comment

I'm disappointed that this thread didn't reference "Ram it down" by Judas Priest.

It's a sloooooooooowwwwwwwww day.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
                I have to agree. I work in a very regulated industry (financial services/lending) and properly drafted and enforced rules can benefit all players since you're all bound by a common framework. However, the mish-mash of garbage coming from Congress and the agencies to cover their respective asses is ludicrous.
                Agreed on both counts....but the anti-business zealots in here crack me up. Scooby should just be grateful he's got a job and Priceless has insurance - but both are chronic complainers. They don't have a clue as to what's happening out there. Of course, neither has the brass monkeys to start a business or run for office....or pretty much help out in any other meaningful way.
                "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I think folks would be fine with private industry as long as nobody ever lost any money, nobody ever lost their job, nobody ever got less than a perfect product and nobody ever got less than perfect service. Oh yeah, and the government could set everyone's compensation and take all the profits, if there were any left.

They want T-ball for business, everybody gets a participation trophy, nobody ever loses and everyone goes for ice cream afterwards. Builds a lot of character.

I think we should continue to lose billions in medicare and welfare fraud because if we tried to stop it somebody might not get their benefits. Surely there is no way to mitigate that risk so we should just do nothing and keep wasting the billions. It's not like we could think of something else to spend it on anyway, so why not just waste it?
                  I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Good article by a Dem Pollster

The dems are in a tough spot now. If they don't pass healthcare reform they alienate their base, the "left". If they do pass it they alienate everyone else.
                    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Agreed on both counts....but the anti-business zealots in here crack me up. Scooby should just be grateful he's got a job and Priceless has insurance - but both are chronic complainers. They don't have a clue as to what's happening out there. Of course, neither has the brass monkeys to start a business or run for office....or pretty much help out in any other meaningful way.
                      I would run for office, but I live on the wrong side of the road - literally! The other side of the road is part of HD60, part of the ~10,700 people part of town. Because I live on this side of the road I am in HD65, which is geographically the worst district in the state. It is parts of 8 towns, is separated by three rivers and to get from one end to the other you have to pass through two other House Districts. As of the 2006 election, there were a whopping 366 people from my town in the district. You can't win this district unless you live in Woolwich, where most of the people who vote live. We've had a Democrat representing the district since the turn of the last century and as the Republicans' idea to win back the seat they used redistricting to make this a hodge-podge of a district. It didn't work.

If we redistrict again after the 2010 census, maybe our seat will be more sane. Then again, if all goes according to plan, I will be in Nevada by then.

Comment

Trying to put the kids through school so I volunteer for my kid's activities a lot and play chauffeur a lot.

I guess you're right. I don't deserve a job. After all I have a Master's degree in my field and have been working steadily through two lack of regulation recessions brought on by the morons in office and the idiots running banks.

I should be unemployed. All that work I've done to insure that I had skills that would be marketable is unfair to the rest of the workforce who should be working instead of me.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                          I think we should continue to lose billions in medicare and welfare fraud because if we tried to stop it somebody might not get their benefits. Surely there is no way to mitigate that risk so we should just do nothing and keep wasting the billions. It's not like we could think of something else to spend it on anyway, so why not just waste it?
                          billions in fraud? Citation please.

Comment

billions in fraud? Citation please.
                            http://www.insurancefraud.org/medicarefraud.htm

This was actually part of a recent agenda with our lobbyists for some reason.
                            "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
                              http://www.insurancefraud.org/medicarefraud.htm

This was actually part of a recent agenda with our lobbyists for some reason.
                              So, I guess we can assume welfare fraud isn't a moneymaker for the government... meaning the combined impact of welfare and medicare/cade fraud is 'in the billions' annually.

I would submit that it would be illogical to assume the efforts I proposed (having a private company reduce welfare and medicare/cade fraud) were only a 1 year opportunity.

So, does that answer if the opportunity to reduce welfare and medicare/cade fraud is in the billions?

It wouldn't take satellites and space age weaponry to fight fraud...there are companies out there that could model the likelihood of fraud from data they already have and likely stop a significant volume of fraud by preventing the initial fraudulent payout with a degree of accuracy that would make even the bleeding hearts satisfied. Analysis of actual payments would be another opportunity, less scientific but still a significant opportunity.

What incentive do government bureaucrats have to reduce fraud? Their budgets only grow...at the expense of the tax payer.
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X