X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

The Jared jeweler commercials. That pretentious beech going on and on about artisan jewelry-making, and making a point that "most of the artisans are women." What the hell? Who cares? Make me some good jewelry. I ain't buying that stuff because of how it's made or who makes it. I would buy it if it's quality.

Not that I'm a jewelry guy, but my point still stands.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Television ads for fragrances. Magazine ads with scratch-n-sniff, sure. In-store testing, sure. But television ads?

Yeah, I know they are trying to sell an "image" of people who use the fragrance, but most of the ads I've seen are not inspiring, if not downright weird (hmm...generally they are only aired from mid-November through December 24....).

My one exception to this general observation is the one with Charlize Theron. I like watching that one. Though as an ad I guess it fails since I can't remember what fragrance they are selling.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Except, about 73% of the US is christian.
    ChINO - Christian in name only?

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Also, the ads for Christian Mingle. As if God has a preferred dating service.
    What's funny to me is that it's supposed to be a place to meet other Christians. Except, about 73% of the US is christian. So pretty much everyone you meet already qualifies.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Subway's "pastra-ME" commercials. Gentlemen, you're killing each other over a second-rate fast-food sandwich...
    Second-rate? You're giving Subway too much credit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X