No announcement yet.

Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As expected, the top ad was Forever by The Farmer's Dog. The NFL ad was second. Saving Sawyer by Amazon continued the dog theme. Fourth was the Ben Affleck working at the Dunkin' and fifth was Breaking Good.
    The Jesus ads came in #8 and #15.

The lowest rated ad was the U2 sphere.
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

With few exceptions, they've always been ****.
      Nah, 25-30 years ago around the time of the Bud Bowl ads they were truly better on the whole. More jokes, fewer movies. They got notably worse following 9/11 because people felt they couldn't be as risque anymore. Now they usually play it safe so as to not risk offending anyone, hence the increase in movie trailers.

Comment

• I knew the Tubi ad was, well, an ad because the shot they showed of the announcers - they were wearing different clothes. But the people I was watching with were fooled. Pretty good execution

I feel like the U2 ad was rushed, like they cut off the end.

And the reveal that the M&Ms were back fell flat cuz it was after the game was over.

I liked the one when the aging rock stars said regular people were not rock starts. Workstrike, was it?

I was at a friend's house watching and there was too much talking to hear some of the ads. I'm going to need to see a clip of all of them.

Comment

As expected, the top ad was Forever by The Farmer's Dog. The NFL ad was second. Saving Sawyer by Amazon continued the dog theme. Fourth was the Ben Affleck working at the Dunkin' and fifth was Breaking Good.
          The Jesus ads came in #8 and #15.

The lowest rated ad was the U2 sphere.
          ​​​​​​
          Where are these ratings?
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I knew the Tubi ad was, well, an ad because the shot they showed of the announcers - they were wearing different clothes. But the people I was watching with were fooled. Pretty good execution
            I feel like the U2 ad was rushed, like they cut off the end.

And the reveal that the M&Ms were back fell flat cuz it was after the game was over.

I liked the one when the aging rock stars said regular people were not rock starts. Workstrike, was it?

I was at a friend's house watching and there was too much talking to hear some of the ads. I'm going to need to see a clip of all of them.

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Where are these ratings?
            All 51 ads in one site, sorted by ranking.

https://admeter.usatoday.com/

Comment

All 51 ads in one site, sorted by ranking.

https://admeter.usatoday.com/
              Binky Dad got 11th? It wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t good either. It was the epitome of the average SB ad.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Seems like there were more than 51? Some of note to me:

Horrible: Avacado, E*Trade, Draftkings, Remy, He Gets Us, Squarespace, Downy McBride, Jeep, Pizza Hut, H&R Block, Meta, Booking.com, T-Mobile (Grease)

Ranging between "I did not hate" to good: Dunkin, T-Mobile (B Cooper), Pepsi Zero (Stiller), Mich Ultra, Google Pixel, Rakuten, TurboTax, Uber One, Hellman's, Pringles, Heineken, Doritos, elf, Crowdstrike, Kia, Planters, workday

Better than good but not excellent: Farmer's Dog, PopCorners, Bud Light, Crown Royal, Amazon, Ram

In all honesty I'm not sure I'll remember any of them.

Comment

• You hated the avocado?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    You hated the avocado?
                    So did the people who rated on the USA today site. It was 42/51.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

So did the people who rated on the USA today site. It was 42/51.
                      NEEEEEEEERRDS! a
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        You hated the avocado?
                        Love it on toast, hated the commercial.

Comment

• Fair. After seeing the admeter I just assumed the first reaction on here was more widespread. Most of the comments I saw on avocado were good. I guess I stand corrected :-)
                          Code:

Comment

• Good lord, I accidentally stumbled upon the men’s rights subreddit on Reddit.

they are big mad about the truck commercial during Super Bowl. Along with moms being honored and revered in the commercials but not dads.

to be fair, they’re mad about a lot. They want women to have sex with them, but women who do have sex are whores with a body count.

one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen

Comment

• "Yes they will in any con-di-i-i-i-tion."

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Your annual reminder that if you don't buy your significant other a $70,000 car with a big red bow it means you don't love them.

Comment

Working...
                                X