Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    The Android "Rock, Paper, Scissors" commercial is cute. They play an extended version at the movie theater. It isn't often ads are quality and it should be celebrated when they are. Maybe, just maybe, if praise is heaped upon the good ones the advertisers will pay attention and give us better commercials.

Yeah, a pipedream.
    Yes, that is a very good one. Though it did have me singing "Man In Motion" for the next two weeks.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Not annoying, I love the Maya Angelou Human Family commercial by Apple.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

"Have you taken (insert drug here) and been diagnosed with (horrible disease)? Call the law firm of X, Y, and Z! You may be able to receive monetary damages!"
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          "Have you taken (insert drug here) and been diagnosed with (horrible disease)? Call the law firm of X, Y, and Z! You may be able to receive monetary damages!"
          https://archive.org/download/bernard_shapiro/bernardshapiro.mp3

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            I'll be honest. Drug commercials in general make me angry. If we ever decide to get serious about limiting first amendment rights in this country, that's the first place I'd start.

Who, other than drug companies and their stockholders, actually think it's a good idea that the prescribing of pharmaceuticals should be based upon marketing to the end user? People listen to those ads and think yeah, that drug would be good for me, then go running to their doctor. Meanwhile the doctor is caught between a patient demanding a drug and lawyers second guessing every decision, so yeah, why not, here's the prescription. Complete B.S.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I'll be honest. Drug commercials in general make me angry. If we ever decide to get serious about limiting first amendment rights in this country, that's the first place I'd start.

Who, other than drug companies and their stockholders, actually think it's a good idea that the prescribing of pharmaceuticals should be based upon marketing to the end user? People listen to those ads and think yeah, that drug would be good for me, then go running to their doctor. Meanwhile the doctor is caught between a patient demanding a drug and lawyers second guessing every decision, so yeah, why not, here's the prescription. Complete B.S.
              In Europe the pharmaceuticals aren't allowed to market to individuals. Just one more reason streaming shows from England beats watching network TV here in the States.

Comment

The smug Chevy interactive museum curator. And the ear-hammer music that goes with it. Vomit-inducing.

Comment

In the not annoying category:

Arby's Fresh Prince remix.

However, I think their Pepsi commercial from a couple years back is still on top.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Arby's commercials have been amazing lately
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The Bill Cowher "life and football" ads are getting annoying.

For one, they're being overused. Not only repeating many times on the same program, but also on multiple channels. The other night I flipped channels to avoid it, but it was being played on the channel I flipped to.

And while he's managed to show some sense of humor on football studio panels, as an actor he's too stiff for the commercial to be effective, unless the commercial poked fun at him for being so stiff.

Comment

That stupid car commercial with the random fox clip. It's one of the worst I've ever seen.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't like the Mercedes Benz commercial in which the father is driving his son to a movie theater in a snowstorm, apparently so that the son can meet his date there.
                          -- the roads are nearly impassible yet the theater is going to be open???
                          -- no cell phones?
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            I don't like the Mercedes Benz commercial in which the father is driving his son to a movie theater in a snowstorm, apparently so that the son can meet his date there.
                            -- no cell phones?
                            The theaters would be open here in MN, unless the government shutdown the roads.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              -- no cell phones?
                              Impassable? Hahahaha, not close. I saw that commercial, and I've regularly driven through worse. No reason for a theatre to close for that kind of thing.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The Dan Band commercials during March Madness are dumb. Seriously, I think they missed that fad by about 10 years.

The Barkley/SamJackson/SpikeLee ones, though, are still great. Especially Steaks On A Plane.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X