X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    You do realize I work for them, right?
    You didn't write that commercial's copy, right? We're safe, I think.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

He's in a mood tonight, due to GPL.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        He's in a mood tonight, due to GPL.
        Due to being wrong on GPL.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Due to being wrong on GPL.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

****. Now I'm in trouble. Hey, I've been a customer since I started driving.

It's just that ONE that kills me every time I hear it. Ok, so the other one with the chick annoys me but only because I've heard about brad about a million times.
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-19-2015, 07:19 AM.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              I mean, it sort of makes sense. You've got this thing you're paying towards, hoping it never happens, but just in case. Then it happens, so you use what you paid for. Now suddenly it costs more because you actually got something in return? That would be like buying season tickets but the price per game goes up the more games you go to.

On the other hand, it makes sense that payments go up. Premiums are set based on the odds of something happening, so it only makes sense that if that bad thing happened once, there's a chance it will happen again.
              Yeah, the second part. I understand why it would be frustrating. But if someone is a **** driver, they should pay more. It's also why I like no-fault. Even if it's never your fault that you've been in 10 accidents, you are doing something that increases your risk of an accident. Whether it's being on a particularly dangerous stretch of road, being in an area with more shtty drivers, whatever. It just makes sense that those who have the highest risk pay the most.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I mean, it sort of makes sense. You've got this thing you're paying towards, hoping it never happens, but just in case. Then it happens, so you use what you paid for. Now suddenly it costs more because you actually got something in return? That would be like buying season tickets but the price per game goes up the more games you go to.

On the other hand, it makes sense that payments go up. Premiums are set based on the odds of something happening, so it only makes sense that if that bad thing happened once, there's a chance it will happen again.
                You know, it's kind of a genius move on the part of property insurance companies. Traditionally a company would quote a rate based upon a clean record (risk pool A), then another rate for someone with a single accident (risk pool B), and so on. What they've done is to get people in risk pool A to pay a higher rate than they normally would but not so high as someone in risk pool B. That way this new rider policy they're selling is essentially insurance against uncertain insurance rates due to an accident. They capturing even more cash from those who are extremely risk averse.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Exactly. I hate the "newflash, no one's perfect". Yes, I know, that's why they paid for your accident like they were supposed to. And now that it's clear you are more likely to get into them, they're going to use basic math to determine you need to paid more in premiums if they want to stay in business which, "newsflash", is the whole point of them being in business. Is the target audience supposed to be morons who always get in accidents who see the commercials and think "finally, I don't have to bear the brunt for my crappy decisions and judgement"?

Also the other where she says "I guess they don't want you driving on three wheels". Another fine testament to the customer they are going for.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Whirlpool commercial that depicts mom as having no time because she's busy with her kids. Even shows dad handing off baby to her because he needs a break. Pretty annoying how tv always shows dad's as being buffoons.

Comment

I know NFL broadcasts are an obvious place for them to advertise, but I am sick and tired of Fan Duel and Draft Kings commercials.

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
                        I know NFL broadcasts are an obvious place for them to advertise, but I am sick and tired of Fan Duel and Draft Kings commercials.
                        $$$$$, they've become the official fantasy sports site of the various leagues.

And, pray tell, why are the leagues against gambling?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          $$$$$, they've become the official fantasy sports site of the various leagues.

And, pray tell, why are the leagues against gambling?
                          They preach against gambling for show. FFL is gambling, always has been, and created a bigger audience for NFL. The league's response? Make the game more offense-based. But they don't want to openly endorse gambling.

Comment

Hey Brent & CLS - Guess what! You are right!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/...iUJ/story.html
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

For the life of me, I can't understand the (I think it's FIOS) ad featuring JJ Watt chopping wood in the forest. The analogy between that and a fiber optic network just doesn't make any sense. They're paying the guy good money, you'd think they'd be able to come up with something that was at least comprehensible, even if not effective.

Comment

Since Iowa a postseason game today, will we have to hear how the DirecTV settler commercials are offensive to farmers for the next month?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X