Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Wasn't it Darrel Hammond? Why did they switch?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Wasn't it Darrel Hammond? Why did they switch?
      It was a planned thing from the time Hammond was hired to do it. I'm willing to bet every six months or so they'll switch it up, making it into a bit. It's just a matter of how, uh..., good the bit will be.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I like it.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

There's an ad for Liberty Mutual Insurance that asks "how can my car depreciate before its first oil change?"

It's been awhile since I've learned about depreciation, but doesn't a new car depreciate (lose value) the moment you drive it off the lot?
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            There's an ad for Liberty Mutual Insurance that asks "how can my car depreciate before its first oil change?"

It's been awhile since I've learned about depreciation, but doesn't a new car depreciate (lose value) the moment you drive it off the lot?
            It does.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yes. By approximately 20%, I believe.

Comment

Rdio commercials. The ad touts "Nothing like listening to radio live [long "i" btw]!" Um, it's radio. That's not live. That's broadcast. "Live" is in person. They compare radio to being at a concert in person. No. Is not the same.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Yes. By approximately 20%, I believe.
                  Not necessarily. Earlier this year I read a piece where an economist ran the numbers on used vehicles, less than two(?) years old. He collected a bunch of data, ran the regression analyses, and listed his results. The depreciation varied widely (of course) and a few cars even retained their full original estimated sale prices. He also noted one model where the prior year's model was selling for more than the current model's year.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I do know Wranglers and Mini Coopers hold their value extremely well over time.

Comment

Mazdas hold value well. Most trucks do also.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Liberty commercials are the worst. Like the whole "why does my insurance go up just because I need to use it?"

Head explodes.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Not necessarily. Earlier this year I read a piece where an economist ran the numbers on used vehicles, less than two(?) years old. He collected a bunch of data, ran the regression analyses, and listed his results. The depreciation varied widely (of course) and a few cars even retained their full original estimated sale prices. He also noted one model where the prior year's model was selling for more than the current model's year.
                          This.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Several years ago I sold my 5 year old truck for only $6000 less than I paid for it new. That's a win.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Liberty commercials are the worst. Like the whole "why does my insurance go up just because I need to use it?"

Head explodes.
                              I mean, it sort of makes sense. You've got this thing you're paying towards, hoping it never happens, but just in case. Then it happens, so you use what you paid for. Now suddenly it costs more because you actually got something in return? That would be like buying season tickets but the price per game goes up the more games you go to.

On the other hand, it makes sense that payments go up. Premiums are set based on the odds of something happening, so it only makes sense that if that bad thing happened once, there's a chance it will happen again.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Head explodes.
                                You do realize I work for them, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X