Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

I realize I'm a little late with this, but it seemed like every commercial had "black", usually in combination with "Friday" and it started driving me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
      I realize I'm a little late with this, but it seemed like every commercial had "black", usually in combination with "Friday" and it started driving me nuts.
      Can you work for me tomorrow?

- Tomorrow's Thanksgiving.

Then you must come in the next day, I tell you. It's Black Friday.

- Black Friday?

It's the biggest mall-shopping day of the year. And since the mall is just up the street, I would like you to come out and work.

- On Black Friday.

Oh, yeah.

- All right, you want me to work on Moo*** Monday too?

I'm sorry?

- How about Ni*** Tuesday?

Ni*** Tuesday? This a new holiday?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oByDzHGqFsQ
      (Clip from Zack and Miri)
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

That fking Nissan commercial where they are all singing. I hate that song so much.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Subway's "pastra-ME" commercials. Gentlemen, you're killing each other over a second-rate fast-food sandwich...
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Subway's "pastra-ME" commercials. Gentlemen, you're killing each other over a second-rate fast-food sandwich...
            That's Subway? I thought it was Arby's. I guess that shows how well their "We have the MEATS" ads are doing, or how bad Subway's ads are, or how flaky I am.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              That's Subway? I thought it was Arby's. I guess that shows how well their "We have the MEATS" ads are doing, or how bad Subway's ads are, or how flaky I am.
              "or" could be "and". Those three possibilities are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

McD's "tally my tastebuds." I have never heard that phrase. "Tickle my tastebuds," sure. But not "tally."
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Second-rate? You're giving Subway too much credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    Also, the ads for Christian Mingle. As if God has a preferred dating service.
                    What's funny to me is that it's supposed to be a place to meet other Christians. Except, about 73% of the US is christian. So pretty much everyone you meet already qualifies.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Except, about 73% of the US is christian.
                      ChINO - Christian in name only?
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Television ads for fragrances. Magazine ads with scratch-n-sniff, sure. In-store testing, sure. But television ads?

Yeah, I know they are trying to sell an "image" of people who use the fragrance, but most of the ads I've seen are not inspiring, if not downright weird (hmm...generally they are only aired from mid-November through December 24....).

My one exception to this general observation is the one with Charlize Theron. I like watching that one. Though as an ad I guess it fails since I can't remember what fragrance they are selling.
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

The Jared jeweler commercials. That pretentious beech going on and on about artisan jewelry-making, and making a point that "most of the artisans are women." What the hell? Who cares? Make me some good jewelry. I ain't buying that stuff because of how it's made or who makes it. I would buy it if it's quality.

Not that I'm a jewelry guy, but my point still stands.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

well, i've found one that is driving me insane. and considering i'm recently married and already an uncle...i might be ok with just being an uncle

the dish network "glitter pony dance-off" screaming little girl that is dominating ESPN right now. an absolutely infuriating commercial.

Comment

What's up with the trend to have "recurring characters" in commercials?

Is that supposed to help us with brand recognition?

I know that a few companies (e.g. GEICO) have had recurring characters for years, but it seems like more and more companies / products are now getting into it.
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                What's up with the trend to have "recurring characters" in commercials?

Is that supposed to help us with brand recognition?

I know that a few companies (e.g. GEICO) have had recurring characters for years, but it seems like more and more companies / products are now getting into it.
                                Two recurring characters I don't mind are Wendy's and AT&T wireless.

Comment

Working...
                                X