Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

The commercials for some stupid cartoon that always come on when I'm watching Justified annoy me. I can't believe that anyone watches something that looks so dumb.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      The commercials for some stupid cartoon that always come on when I'm watching Justified annoy me. I can't believe that anyone watches something that looks so dumb.
      Im going to assume that the cartoon in question is NOT Archer and that you are talking about Unsupervised both of which are on FX. Archer is hilarious and fairly popular. The other I haven't seen but haven't heard much good about.

Comment

Yeah...Archer is pretty amazing.

Also, I remembered the commercial that I hate. It's the Gillette "Masters of Style" commercial with Adrien Brody, Andre 3000, and some Spanish dude I've never heard of. What was the prerequisite to be in that commercial? Having a beard?
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

The iPhone 4S commercial featuring the dork wanting to play the guitar.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            The iPhone 4S commercial featuring the dork wanting to play the guitar.
            Hey! Show Rock God a little respect!

Comment

The Disney one for the Hawaiian resort. Mainly because when it first stated it was a normal commercial showing the resort with the song playing, but then after a month or so they changed it to have singing animals, since I guess Disney can't conceive of something that doesn't involve singing animals.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Has anybody mentioned Citi?

The only ad that's on my nerves at the moment is the one with the massively CGI-ed rock-climber and the "somebody left the gate open" (or whatever) song.

Instant mute.
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

The Weight Watchers ones with the black women singing. Instant mute.
                  UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                    Has anybody mentioned Citi?

The only ad that's on my nerves at the moment is the one with the massively CGI-ed rock-climber and the "somebody left the gate open" (or whatever) song.

Instant mute.
                    That "massively CGI'ed" rock-climber and the rocks weren't CGI'ed. She is professional rock climber Katie Brown

*****http://benmoon.com/gallery/medium/090831_KB-LakeLouise_050.jpg******
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Wow. I thought the climber looked like she was about to lose her balance in the TV spot. I assumed it was fake. Good for her!

Regardless, it's the soundtrack and the cheesy visual puns (new nylons, new shoes, etc) that really make that ad an annoyance. It'll take more than authenticity to make that spot watchable/listenable.
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                        the "somebody left the gate open" (or whatever) song.
                        Funny, I kinda like that song: "Into the Wild" by LP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV8ohkRGPaA
                        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Arby's "Need a Reuben Now Syndrome." Instant mute.

Also, ACE Hardware "I'm looking for a purple, but not for a purrrrple..."
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I hate the people that love their Volt.

Comment

J. G. Wentworth
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

877cashnow!
                                UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X