Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

I want to punch the new Colonel Sanders right in his phony Goatee. Annoying and lame, lame,lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
      I want to punch the new Colonel Sanders right in his phony Goatee. Annoying and lame, lame,lame.
      I thought it was Hammond (forget first name) from SNL.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        I thought it was Hammond (forget first name) from SNL.
        It is Darrell Hammond.
        https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...s%20commercial
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm quickly finding "Toyota Jan" and "AT&T Lily" as annoying as "Progressive Insurance Flo".
          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 07-21-2015, 03:34 PM.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I'm quickly finding "Toyota Jan" and "AT&T Lily" as annoying as "Progressive Insurance Flo".
            Lily is beautiful though, so she gets a longer leash.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
              It's like they're unsure if they want it to be a real impersonation or a satirical impersonation.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Either way, it doesn't work for me. Don't understand why they thought it was necessary to resurrect the Colonel at all.
                Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                It's like they're unsure if they want it to be a real impersonation or a satirical impersonation.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Totally agree - it's terrible. I always imagined the Colonel with a genteel, sophisticated Southern accent, not...well, whatever it is that Hammond is doing.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I wouldn't doubt that there's a canned version of a genuine Colonel Sanders (What are you, chicken?) commercial with a genuine Kentucky accent, but they made a last-minute change once the murders in South Carolina and subsequent Confederate Battle flag protests began. There's an anti-South sentiment running rampant in the country, and the company may go back to distancing itself from its Kentucky roots.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Totally agree - it's terrible. I always imagined the Colonel with a genteel, sophisticated Southern accent, not...well, whatever it is that Hammond is doing.
                      Imagine no more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk4Eq8IcQMk

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I wouldn't doubt that there's a canned version of a genuine Colonel Sanders (What are you, chicken?) commercial with a genuine Kentucky accent, but they made a last-minute change once the murders in South Carolina and subsequent Confederate Battle flag protests began. There's an anti-South sentiment running rampant in the country, and the company may go back to distancing itself from its Kentucky roots.
                        They've been doing them since May, so, no.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Do you feel the same about "DirecTV Hannah"?

I absolutely despise the GoDaddy twerking spot
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

They've been doing them since May, so, no.
                            Wow, really? I guess that shows how much broadcast TV I've been watching these past two months.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                              Lily is beautiful though, so she gets a longer leash.
                              And she has at least a little breadth of acting talent. Her character isn't just a cheerful receptionist at a car dealership. You've got to wonder though if she, Jan, Flo, and redhead Wendy haven't been too successful. Even if they tried to play some other part, I'd probably see Lily, Jan, Flo, or Wendy.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                                And she has at least a little breadth of acting talent. Her character isn't just a cheerful receptionist at a car dealership. You've got to wonder though if she, Jan, Flo, and redhead Wendy haven't been too successful. Even if they tried to play some other part, I'd probably see Lily, Jan, Flo, or Wendy.
                                I read something a while ago, talking about these "famous" commercial actors/characters and what they do outside of those spots. Most of them are stage actors, usually with comedey troupes. A couple of them have had small guest parts on various TV shows. "Lily" is on a YahooTV original series called Other Space, directed by Paul Feig. It uses a few of those commercial actors and tosses them into a show, probably for dirt cheap, based upon what I saw. The annoying hipster guy form the Verizon commercials where the two coworkers are driving across the country, and Lily from AT&T. I don't recognize any of the other actors on the show except for Dave Franco, who made a single episode guest appearance.

Comment

Working...
                                X