Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Enough with Anthony Anderson and Melissa Joan Hart telling me why I should do my Christmas shopping at Wal-Mart...
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The new ad for the Chevy Colorado truck, which implies that if you don't own a truck, you're not a real man.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        The new ad for the Chevy Colorado truck, which implies that if you don't own a truck, you're not a real man.
        Don't all pickup truck ads imply this to one degree or another?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Don't all pickup truck ads imply this to one degree or another?
          I liked the commercial. It did exactly what it was supposed to do: sell the image.

Imagine a guy all tatted up, beard, snarky shirt driving a Prius. What image do you have?
          Same guy, but owns a full-sized beast of a pickup? Does your thought process change?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Imagine a guy all tatted up, beard, snarky shirt driving a Prius. What image do you have?
            Hipster

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Same guy, but owns a full-sized beast of a pickup? Does your thought process change?
            Duck Dynasty wannabe

Comment

Hipster

Duck Dynasty wannabe
              I may or may not agree on the exact image, but the point is made.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Colorados aren't even real trucks. They're city-people trucks.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I would say that I think it's time for FCA (or, as my dad calls it, "F'in Chrysler, America!" ) to retire the "Imported from Detroit" nonsense, but I see their sales are up almost 6% in the first quarter. So maybe these obnoxious ads with the foreign-accented actors are actually working for them.

Comment

I would say that I think it's time for FCA (or, as my dad calls it, "F'in Chrysler, America!" ) to retire the "Imported from Detroit" nonsense, but I see their sales are up almost 6% in the first quarter. So maybe these obnoxious ads with the foreign-accented actors are actually working for them.
                    I think it started as "Imported from Detroit," but then was changed to America after they realized that Detroit doesn't even carry the swagger of Gary, IN.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I know this is titled "Annoying Commercials" but one of my favorite current commercials is the United Healthcare commercial when the couple tries to do the Dirty Dancing lift.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I know this is titled "Annoying Commercials" but one of my favorite current commercials is the United Healthcare commercial when the couple tries to do the Dirty Dancing lift.
                        I think I recognize her from the Geico "auctioneers make bad grocery store cashiers" commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Reviving the thread to say that my current faves are the Duluth Trading spots.
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Time I buy my own underwear.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

On the new Red Lobster commercial I keep hearing, "Crap like no one is watching" instead of crack for their crab fest. Though I feel they're interchangeable when Red Lobster is the subject.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Anything to do with "start seeing motorcycles" or being safe around bicyclists. When people on motorcycles and bicycles are the most unsafe dinguses on the road.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X