This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Soccer XII: South Africa Awaits

Good on Pompey to get to the semis. 2-0 over Birmingham. It could like Brighton in 1983 getting relegated and going to the FA Cup Final.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Re: World Soccer XII: South Africa Awaits

That was a golden opportunity for Wolves...Man U win 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      That was a golden opportunity for Wolves...Man U win 1-0
      We stole that one like John Terry stole Wayne Bridge's girlfriend.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I feel good about this years World Cup.

The first time I ever made it past the 2010 season Football Manager 2008, the US won the World Cup in South Africa.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

CBC is already broadcasting commercials showing that they will be broadcasting the World Cup as well this year. After they got hosed out of getting to do the Olympics this year, I'll like the ability to have that extra selection here. Now if I could just get the Windsor Station to start broadcasting in Digital signal, I would be all set.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

More FA Cup stuff. Spurs and Fulham are going to a replay. And Reading is up 1-0 on Villa. (Scratches head.)

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
              We stole that one like John Terry stole Wayne Bridge's girlfriend.
              Well.. Man Utd still has some good tests coming up:

3/21 vs Liverpool
              4/3 vs Chelski
              4/17 @ Man City (the Man Derby is always wicked)
              4/25 vs Spurs

The table right now:

1. Man Utd ... 63 pts... 29 games played
              2. Chelski...... 61 pts... 28 games played
              3. Arsenal..... 61 pts....29 games played
              Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
              ECAC Tourney Champs 79
              Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
              Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
              Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
              NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Villa turned it around, as John Carew recorded a second-half hat trick as the Villa won 4-2 at the Madejski Stadium.
                Originally posted by Jon
                You call everything.

Comment

Fulham aren't going to win at White Hart Lane. I don't think Fulham will ever score against Spurs while Gomes is in goal.
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Let Landon stay!

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                      Let Landon stay!
                      A league on the verge of not having a league needs its biggest name to play. There was no way the Galaxy could let him stay.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        A league on the verge of not having a league needs its biggest name to play. There was no way the Galaxy could let him stay.
                        The league isn't exactly having money issues though, it's not great, but certainly not the reason they on the verge of "not having a league". If Donovan was allowed to stay, they would miss out on just 5 home dates with him in the lineup. I doubt that would affect tickets that much. Then after the World Cup he could play out the string with LA, and find a new permanent deal next winter. I think MLS fans are informed enough to know that the league is not on par with the higher-level European leagues, and that a player having success overseas is going to be great for MLS in the long run.

Comment

The league isn't exactly having money issues though, it's not great, but certainly not the reason they on the verge of "not having a league". If Donovan was allowed to stay, they would miss out on just 5 home dates with him in the lineup. I doubt that would affect tickets that much. Then after the World Cup he could play out the string with LA, and find a new permanent deal next winter. I think MLS fans are informed enough to know that the league is not on par with the higher-level European leagues, and that a player having success overseas is going to be great for MLS in the long run.
                          True, but its probably better PR for the League and USA soccer if Captain America plays a few games stateside in the MLS.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            True, but its probably better PR for the League and USA soccer if Captain America plays a few games stateside in the MLS.
                            How so? There's no way the PR of him playing in the MLS is better than the PR of an American being successful in the best league in the world.

Comment

How so? There's no way the PR of him playing in the MLS is better than the PR of an American being successful in the best league in the world.
                              Donovan playing for Everton isn't going to draw TV ratings for MLS or sell tickets to MLS games.

Of course, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't at least extend his loan until the labor dispute is settled.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Working...
                              X