Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Today's "EPIC FAIL" in College Hockey

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    She tried, but either didn't have the grades or the money to get into Carleton.
    My buddy from high school had a 4.10 GPA (honors and AP classes), a 34 ACT and a recommendation letter from Paul Wellstone. He still didn't get into Carleton.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      My buddy from high school had a 4.10 GPA (honors and AP classes), a 34 ACT and a recommendation letter from Paul Wellstone. He still didn't get into Carleton.
      He probably got hosed because they were looking to fill their Norwegian quotient still.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Probably the best thing that could have happened to him. A person doesn't need a BA and 120K of debt.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          He probably got hosed because they were looking to fill their Norwegian quotient still.
          Darn Barleyjacks!
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Well, the recommendation from beyond the grave probably frightened them.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Was it Coon Rapids high school? That might be a hint.

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
                Probably the best thing that could have happened to him. A person doesn't need a BA and 120K of debt.
                But it's a great school if you want to work at Caribou or Starbucks. Or is that Macalaster?
                "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Well, he has more debt now. U of Chicago Law will do that to a person though.

Doesn't really matter how much debt he has however, he will have it paid off in 5 years with the job he already has lined up.

Comment

Doesn't really matter how much debt he has however, he will have it paid off in 5 years with the job he already has lined up.
                    Don't know why, but that sentence made me think of American Psycho.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
                      But it's a great school if you want to work at Caribou or Starbucks. Or is that Macalaster?
                      Those are too corporate for a Mac grad....

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Don't know why, but that sentence made me think of American Psycho.
                        Do you like Huey Lewis and the News, Paul?
                        "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
                          Do you like Huey Lewis and the News, Paul?
                          Not as much as I like Genesis with Phil Collins.

Comment

Well, he has more debt now. U of Chicago Law will do that to a person though.

Law school debt is a lot more palatable than debt on a BA. Kudos to him, I'm sure it was a grind.

Comment

Law school debt is a lot more palatable than debt on a BA. Kudos to him, I'm sure it was a grind.
                              Thank goodness you didn't go to Syracuse. The grandkids would be paying his debts.
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                              X