Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Today's "EPIC FAIL" in College Hockey

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    By doing it yourself, like Tech just did.
    MTU and PC's rivalry of ineptitude is it's own reward.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
      Not from today, but BU's Agganis Arena sent out an email earlier this week with the heading:

"Terrier Men's Ice Hockey vs. Providence this Saturday - Senior Night"

(none of the above being correct... )
      So it was Bulldogs women's field hockey vs. Brom last Sunday - Junior day?

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        By doing it yourself, like Tech just did.
        Originally posted by Jon View Post
        I'm not sure how you match back to back last place finishes. Sigh.
        Really not that hard...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
          Yeah, but the difference is Clarkson has been around playing DI college hockey forever and wins a ton in the regular season, but then tanks in the playoffs. St. Cloud State... is that even a real school? It sounds like something Betty White made up during the Golden Girls.
          Actually, she used to talk about St. Olaf College down in Northfield, about 18 miles south of where I live, 45 miles south of Mpls.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Actually, she used to talk about St. Olaf College down in Northfield, about 18 miles south of where I live, 45 miles south of Mpls.
            To-may-to, to-mah-to.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

When an 'epic fail' results in a crowd 4,000 people larger than your home ice crowd would have been in the same city, it changes from epic fail into the making lemonade from lemons category.

Sure, the Gophers blew the schedule, but they sure 'salvaged' a great compromise....

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Really not that hard...
                I used to pray for a UA, UAA, Merrimack, AIC frozen four.

Now? It seems that Brown, PC, MTU and Bowling Green is more of a longshot... that's about 4 NT's and multiple Frozen Four appearances right there...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                  I know, but I always look to add more hardware to the trophy case. Lord knows we need it.
                  Clarkson needs nor deserves nothing.

I have no idea if that's even proper grammar so...

*****http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/grammarhorse.jpg******
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I think you could've just gone with "needs and deserves".
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      No, that was St. Olaf.
                      I knew a lesbian from St. Olaf. Which I guess isn't pertinent, but anyway, they're real, too.

Not sure I believe in Augsburg College, though. That sounds like a 16th century peace treaty. Who's their rival, Westphalia State? The Palatinate?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think the Badgers deserve an 'EPIC FAIL' for not showing up at Mariucci arena yesterday. Yes, I know there was a team dressed in cardinal and white playing on the ice, but they sure didn't play like the Badgers.
                        Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I knew a lesbian from St. Olaf. Which I guess isn't pertinent, but anyway, they're real, too.
                          You knew my cousin?
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            You knew my cousin?
                            Know her? He's the one who turned her into a lesbian!

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                              I think you could've just gone with "needs and deserves".
                              Greg does a wonderful job highlighting when Cornell ended Clarkson's season over on TBRW. It hurts to see the truth paraded in front of your eyes. I admit it, we stink in the post season, but our record is a lot better than SLU's!!!!

However, it has been 40 years (BTW congrats on the anniversary of the only undefeated NCAA D-1 champ) since you won anything meaningful??

(Of course, you did it against Clarkson)
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Not sure I believe in Augsburg College, though. That sounds like a 16th century peace treaty. Who's their rival, Westphalia State? The Palatinate?
                                Baden-Baden Tech, thank you very much.
                                Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                                I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                                Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Working...
                                X