X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Thread of Championship Week 2010

Missourifail.

Lose 75-60 to last place Nebraska.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Missourifail.

Lose 75-60 to last place Nebraska.
      Cue Brett Myers
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Today is arguably the best day of Championship week.

The big dogs of the Big East and Big 12 play.
        The ACC, SEC, and Big Ten get started.

Syracuse 40, Gtown 37 ATH
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Georgetown knocks off Syracuse in the quarters

Western Michigan comes from behind to beat CMU 69-60.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Georgetown knocks off Syracuse in the quarters

Western Michigan comes from behind to beat CMU 69-60.
            My Cuse looks to be screwed as Arinze Onawaku may have torn his ACL. I guarantee you that Bracketologists will pick whomever is paired against Cuse in Round 2 for a sleeper pick.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Both Memphis and UAB stumble in the CUSA QFs...

NIT bound

Comment

scratch that

UAB game not over...down 15 at the half

Comment

Notre Dame is making a statement for a higher seed with a quarterfinal win over Pitt (3rd upset today in the Big East tournament). They have now won 6 straight including wins over Pitt, Gtown, UConn and Marquette to end the season then over Seton Hall and Pitt again in the tournament.

Comment

That makes double byes 0-3 this year after going 2-2 last year. Think the Big East coaches are going to be revamping the post-season schedule next year?
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I think having the top four seeds play on the opening day of the tournament against the bottom four seeds would make more sense.

and then the winners of those games get a bye to the quarterfinals while the 5-12 playoff.

Just my thought so that the top seeds can get playing again early and then get a day off while everyone else has to play four days straight.

Comment

So... you're proposing a 1-16 straight bracket?

Where is the reward for the top 4 seeds performing so well during the regular season?
                        Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          So... you're proposing a 1-16 straight bracket?

Where is the reward for the top 4 seeds performing so well during the regular season?
                          Playing the 13-16 seeds?

Or is that not a good enough reward for the exalted top 4 seeds of the grand Big East conference?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Playing the 13-16 seeds?

Or is that not a good enough reward for the exalted top 4 seeds of the grand Big East conference?
                            Bash me all you want for being a Cuse / Big East supporter, there's still the fact that more games = more opportunities for injuries.

If you're going to propose a 1-16 straight bracket, don't say that you get a "bye to the quarterfinals". Last time I checked, if you win in the pre-quarters, you don't need a bye to play in the quarters.
                            Go Red!!

Comment

The Big East tournament structure shows that 16 teams is WAY too many to have a tournament.
                              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2010 Frozen Four participant
                              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                The Big East tournament structure shows that 16 teams is WAY too many to have a tournament.
                                It shows something, anyway, like double byes are stupid or the NC$$ has rendered major conference tourneys pointless.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X