Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: These Ides Have Seen A Lot Of Loves...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRP: These Ides Have Seen A Lot Of Loves...

Music reference. Continue.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Re: TRP: These Ides Have Seen A Lot Of Loves...

So, now I want to know what was sent to people after the US/Canada game since all I got was BPH's text......
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

OK, I'll be honest: I wasn't actually all that upset. But then, I don't really dislike Canada either (maybe it's because so many of Cornell's great players have been Canadian) and there were a lot of easily dislikable players on the US team. (Seeing Tim Thomas with an Olympic gold medal would've made me throw up in my mouth.) I would definitely rather it had not been Crosby that scored the goal, but Martha Brodeur embarrassing herself in the tournament almost balances that out.
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

While I also don't dislike Canada, Cindy Crosby scoring that goal made the hurt much worse. I mean, I even "disowned" Marty, because of my US pride, but I don't mind him getting the medal.

Hell, even if PRONGER scored the GWG, I woulda been less mad. Yeah.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          While I also don't dislike Canada, Cindy Crosby scoring that goal made the hurt much worse. I mean, I even "disowned" Marty, because of my US pride, but I don't mind him getting the medal.

Be honest: you disowned him because he's a d**che.
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
            Be honest: you disowned him because he's a d**che.
            Don't let your *Ranger Man Love interfere.

For two weeks, he wasn't one of "us." So * him. Now? Back to the front burner. Lord Stanley, I believe we have met before.

Comment

You spelled Cindy's last name wrong. It's C-r-y-s-o-b.

One of my favorite NHL players is Rick Nash, and I did a similar thing and "disowned" him during the Olympics. I'm glad I can cheer for him again though and yell out "You just got Rich Nashed *****!"
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
              Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Anyone recognize this theme?

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVrZE5Y2lV4&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVrZE5Y2lV4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Don't let your *Ranger Man Love interfere.

For two weeks, he wasn't one of "us." So * him. Now? Back to the front burner. Lord Stanley, I believe we have met before.
                  Lord Stanley called, he says he hates you for ruining the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    Anyone recognize this theme?
                    Yes, but I can't remember from where.
                    Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
                    I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
                    That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

You know who's awesome? The guy in charge of writing parking tickets around where I work. Instead of parking in a spot, he parks in the driving lane. Nothing better than the guy who is in charge of parking tickets parking illegally. Freaking jerkoff.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        You know who's awesome? The guy in charge of writing parking tickets around where I work. Instead of parking in a spot, he parks in the driving lane. Nothing better than the guy who is in charge of parking tickets parking illegally. Freaking jerkoff.
                        Did you ask him to write himself a ticket? Or did you just call for a tow truck?
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

I'm far too lazy to do anything. It's easier to just complain.

Plus since he's a city employee, they probably won't do a dam thing.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I'm far too lazy to do anything. It's easier to just complain.
                            That's what this website is here for!

Comment

That's what they all do. Ever drive through Mpls while the parking nannies are around? They're always either taking up a driving lane, parked in a red zone or in front of a fire hydrant. It's what they do.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                              X