http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=9963266

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=9963266

Re: Chile Earthquake, Hawaii, California and Alaksa Tsunami warnings

How many surfers be out waiting for it?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      How many surfers be out waiting for it?
      Only 1 hour till its supposed to reach Hawaii. So I guess we will find out.

Military was sending their Hawaiian based warships out to sea to avoid the Tsunami. They may do the same in San Diego.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/...asp?S=12055046

Tsunami warning in effect for Hawaii

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Tsunami waves are headed towards the Hawaiian Islands that may cause damage along coastlines of all islands in the state. Urgent action should be taken to protect lives and property. The estimated arrival time in Hawaii of the first tsunami wave is 11:05 AM Hawaiian time Saturday.

Coastal residents are urged to evacuate. Follow civil defense instructions.

The first waves will reach Hilo, Hawaii at 11:05 AM

The first waves will reach Kahului, Maui at 11:26 AM

The first waves will reach Honolulu at 11:37 AM

The first waves will reach Nawiliwili, Kauai at 11:42 AM

A tsunami is a series of long ocean waves. Each individual wave crest can last five to 15 minutes or more and extensively flood coastal areas. The danger can continue for many hours after the initial wave as subsequent waves arrive. Tsunami wave heights cannot be predicted and the first wave may not be the largest.

Victor Sardina , a geophysicist with the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center predicts the tsunami would be a series of big waves, rather than a wall of water. Charles McCreery, director of the center, says the tsunami will be "a lot like a fast high tide" and could pose dangers for several hours after the initial waves hit.|

A tsunami wave of approximately one meter in height has struck the Marquesas Islands. Sardina indicates that this may give an indication as to the size of the wave headed to Hawaii. Sardina cautions that wave heights in specific areas may be higher.

Tsunami waves efficiently wrap around islands. All shores are at risk no matter which direction they face. The trough of a tsunami waves may temporarily expose the sea floor but the area will quickly flood again. Extremely strong and unusual near shore currents can accompany a tsunami. Debris picked up and carried by a tsunami amplifies its destructive power. Simultaneous high tides or high surf can significantly increase the tsunami hazard.

Comment

Great, Anchorage is going to be underwater when I get there.

This is proof that God hates me and wants me to be miserable.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/...asp?S=12055465

Chuck E. Cheese will be closed until 4 PM...

Chuck E Cheese
            Chuck E Cheese
            View details
            Both Chuck E Cheese's locations will be closed in the morning and we plan to reopen at 4pm this afternoon.

We are attempting to contact all reserved morning birthday parties to reschedule for later this evening or a later date.

If you have any questions we will be answering the phones until 10 am

Thank you

Comment

Honolulu's ABC affiliate KITV's live coverage http://www.kitv.com/video/22691778/index.html

Comment

Unsurprisingly, every webcam showing a Hawaiian beach has either already crashed or been taken down.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I've been getting texts from a friend who's one block off Waikiki Beach. About twenty minutes away from hitting.

Comment

The Tsunami is fashionably late to Hilo & it's driving the media insane.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

MSNBC has a video of a moron surfing/in the water.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

and ... ?
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

so we got journalism at its worst. waiting. for the news to happen.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            The Tsunami is fashionably late to Hilo & it's driving the media insane.
                            I thought this was supposed to move 500 MPH. Come on Tsunami. Hurry up...Ive got college hockey to go pregame for.
                            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                            2006-2007: 15-24-2
                            2007-2008: 20-20-4
                            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              so we got journalism at its worst. waiting. for the news to happen.
                              This is where you see how good TV journalists really are if, how well they can ad lib and roll with it when things are going the way they planned.

Comment

Working...
                              X