X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    I'm really not sure if I like this or not compared to possibly playing Vancouver.
    Could cut either way. Relatively inexperienced team of underdogs with a few over-the-hill vets (see Lang, Robert) thrown in either flames out early or maybe puts everything together for a Cinderella run.

Don't know how and who the 'Yotes have been drawing, but there might be a half-chance that the games in Glendale sell out with an influx of Wings fans and the games in Detroit don't for lack of Wings fans.
    Originally posted by Jon
    You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 3W View Post
      Could cut either way. Relatively inexperienced team of underdogs with a few over-the-hill vets (see Lang, Robert) thrown in either flames out early or maybe puts everything together for a Cinderella run.

Don't know how and who the 'Yotes have been drawing, but there might be a half-chance that the games in Glendale sell out with an influx of Wings fans and the games in Detroit don't for lack of Wings fans.
      Phoenix sold out games 1 and 2 before they knew their opponent.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

BTW, the full list of playoff match-ups is thus:

EAST
        1. Washington vs. 8. Montreal
        2. New Jersey vs. 7. Philadelphia
        3. Buffalo vs. 6. Boston
        4. Pittsburgh v. 5. Ottawa

WEST
        1. San Jose vs. 8. Colorado
        2. Chicago vs. 7. Nashville
        3. Vancouver vs. 6. Los Angeles
        4. Phoenix vs. 5. Detroit

Playoffs start Wednesday night. If I were a betting man, I'd guess that the Wings series is Wednesday-Friday-Sunday so they can air Game 3 from the Joe on NBC. I also figure that Vancouver and at least one of the WAS/MTL or PIT/OTT series will go Thursday-Saturday so that they can have a doubleheader on HNIC. The one of those two series that doesn't may be manipulated to have a Game 2 Saturday afternoon on NBC. Or this could all be BS as well. TV schedules should be out by Monday morning.
        Originally posted by Jon
        You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Phoenix sold out games 1 and 2 before they knew their opponent.
          Hmm. Good for them. Are they going to pay homage to their ancestors and have a whiteout?
          Originally posted by Jon
          You call everything.

Comment

Info kind of leaking out in bits and pieces; Detroit-Phoenix and Devils-Flyers confirmed for Wednesday.

More: Caps-Habs, Sharks-Avs, Kings-Canucks Thursday.
            Last edited by WeWantMore; 04-11-2010, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Full 1st round schedule just released:
              http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=524941

Comment

Oh, that's ****ing useful. You're going to show me Phoenix-Detroit Wednesday/Friday and join the Sharks-Avs games in progress at 1 in the morning. Then, Sunday night, you're going to show Pens, then Blackhawks joined in progress, then Sharks-Avs joined in progress around midnight.

God, I hope CSN-CA picks up the games, and someone's streaming them.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Oh, that's ****ing useful. You're going to show me Phoenix-Detroit Wednesday/Friday and join the Sharks-Avs games in progress at 1 in the morning. Then, Sunday night, you're going to show Pens, then Blackhawks joined in progress, then Sharks-Avs joined in progress around midnight.

God, I hope CSN-CA picks up the games, and someone's streaming them.
                  That schedule doesn't include local broadcasts.
                  "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
                    That schedule doesn't include local broadcasts.
                    Correct, I'm sure the game will be on in California, and thus there will be 100s of streams online.

Comment

For the record, in terms of Canadian TV, CBC has first, second, fourth and sixth pick of series.

Guaranteed that PIT/OTT and VAN/LA were one and two. Four was probably BOS/BUF for the folks in Eastern Ontario and six was SJ/COL probably for no other reason that it dove-tails with the Pittsburgh series and creates a doubleheader.

One odd thing - blame NBC for this one - CBC's Saturday games are at 1 and 10 p.m.

God, I love playoff hockey.
                      Originally posted by Jon
                      You call everything.

Comment

Gotta love Sharks fans:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=761620
                        Old Monster Records

Comment

I am so miserable that the Flyers got in over my Rangers. I wouldn't care if it was the Sens or someone else, but not the freaking Flyers.

You think Tortorella gets canned?
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                          X