This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Keith Tkachuk to stop taking stupid penalties.
    Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      I think some of you guys would appreciate this here. Well, at least Jon would.

Ballard: The Hands of Fate
      Ballard: The Hands of Fate was filmed on location in a vacant arena.

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Boston fans, if you want to have actual fun, that meaning you don't have to watch your frustrating, boring-as-***** team - try out the NHL Draft Lottery Simulator to see how many times you get to chuckle at the Leafs.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Ballard: The Hands of Fate was filmed on location in a vacant arena.

Ron Wilson IS Torgo!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

The latest on Pat Burns:

Former NHL coach Pat Burns has been released from a Florida hospital, his family confirmed Thursday.

Burns, who has terminal lung cancer, was hospitalized outside Tampa, Fla., on Sunday — his 58th birthday — suffering from pneumonia.

His cousin Robin Burns confirmed Thursday afternoon that the former Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs coach is doing better.

"He had a little set-back — not like the stories that had his demise that I've been hearing today," said Burns, a former NHL player.

"He was in the hospital for some treatments, and he had a touch of pneumonia. He's on antibiotics, and then [they] sent him home today. He's recovering at home."

Burns said his cousin is in good spirits.

"He's great — a good Irishman. You're always in great spirits."
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Boston fans, if you want to have actual fun, that meaning you don't have to watch your frustrating, boring-as-***** team - try out the NHL Draft Lottery Simulator to see how many times you get to chuckle at the Leafs.
              "The Phoenix Coyotes have won the lottery and will draft eleventh overall."
              Merrimack College Warriors
              Boston Bruins Hockey
              Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
              Old-time hockey, bar the door
              Clear the track it's all-out war
              Light the lamp, throw a hit
              Black and gold never quit
              The barn is full, our team's in town
              So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
              Drop the puck, it's time to go"
              -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
              Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles View Post
                "The Phoenix Coyotes have won the lottery and will draft eleventh overall."
                It's not like the NBA lottery where you can win it and automatically get #1 pick. There's some protection so that a team that just barely missed the playoffs can't get #1.

Essentially, it's goofy.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

It's not like the NBA lottery where you can win it and automatically get #1 pick. There's some protection so that a team that just barely missed the playoffs can't get #1.

Essentially, it's goofy.
                  I thought only non-playoff teams were entered into the lottery.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    I thought only non-playoff teams were entered into the lottery.
                    Phoenix owns Calgary's pick.
                    Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                      Phoenix owns Calgary's pick.
                      Aha. That was the missing piece. Thanks.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OQDDi5xI2sY&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OQDDi5xI2sY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Wow. Good to see him go out with a bang in what could be his last home game. I have to admit that I teared up a bit watching this as well, as I would think most people will. Great player, and a heck of an ambassador for the game.

Comment

Alex Burrows has kicked off 2010's first lame attempt at playoff gamesmanship.

Comment

The flyers just got so incredibly lucky.

Boucher looked like John Muse in the 2009 Beanpot.

Edited to Add: Well, except Boucher saved his team from himself, whereas Muse scored on himself at least twice that night.
                            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Hey, um, Steve Mason? Hate to tell you this, but your BJs aren't in the playoffs. Would you mind not playing like they are? Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks, Bert. 3rd Howard shutout of the season.
                              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-09-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Following wins by both teams tonight, it is now impossible for Chicago and Detroit to meet in the first round of the postseason this year, heading into Sunday's season finale at the United Center.

Colorado is locked into the eighth seed.
                                "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Working...
                                X