X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    The Rangers haven't even played that much on Sunday afternoon this year.

But yes, those are the ones. I think the Devils may play occasionally.
    Never.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      Never.
      Okay...Thought I saw them play before. apologies.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10ยฉ
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" ยฉ Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        Gotta love dueling Sieves...
        Out of curiosity...

Bigger sieve:

Carey Price
        Chris Osgood (last 2 seasons only)
        Christobal Huet
        Brian Boucher

Honestly a tough question.

Price is among the most overrated goaltenders in the last 10 years.

Huet is a neverwas that managed to get paid like a star goaltender before exposing himself as a fraud.

Osgood was good at many points throughout his career but has, in the past two seasons, allowed a rookie and a career backup to look like Brodeur and Roy compared to him.

Boucher was, to me, always a backup goaltender that was, at times, forced into the #1 role and hasn't really been able to sustain anything reasonably worth being "ok" about.

I think it is a hard choice. I guess I'd go with Osgood simply because he has the distinction of being at one time, a great goaltender. The fact that he's fallen off so incredibly hardcore... wow.
        Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
          Out of curiosity...

Bigger sieve:

Carey Price
          Christobal Huet
          Brian Boucher

Honestly a tough question.

Price is among the most overrated goaltenders in the last 10 years.

Huet is a neverwas that managed to get paid like a star goaltender before exposing himself as a fraud.

Osgood was good at many points throughout his career but has, in the past two seasons, allowed a rookie and a career backup to look like Brodeur and Roy compared to him.

Boucher was, to me, always a backup goaltender that was, at times, forced into the #1 role and hasn't really been able to sustain anything reasonably worth being "ok" about.

I think it is a hard choice. I guess I'd go with Osgood simply because he has the distinction of being at one time, a great goaltender. The fact that he's fallen off so incredibly hardcore... wow.
          How is Tim Thomas not on this list?
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10ยฉ
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" ยฉ Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            How is Tim Thomas not on this list?
            He's not even good enough to be on this list.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              Does anyone have a team to add to the squads that are allowed to play on Sundays on NBC?

Detroit Red Wings
              Philadelphia Flyers
              Pittsburgh Penguins
              Washington Captails
              New York Rangers
              Boston Bruins
              Chicago Blackhawks

I think the Hawks only got added this year when NBC realized no one wanted to watch the Bruins when they're so bad.
              That's it. I got into a discussion over on HF about it.

The Rangers appear once, Detroit 5 times, Philly and Boston twice, Pittsburgh 4 times and Washington/Chicago 3, I believe. NBC managed 17 different teams in 17 weeks of NFL football, but that's probably because Fox and CBS would burn their headquarters down if they monopolized the Colts, Pats, Favrkings and Cowboys.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                Does anyone have a team to add to the squads that are allowed to play on Sundays on NBC?

Detroit Red Wings
                Philadelphia Flyers
                Pittsburgh Penguins
                Washington Captails
                New York Rangers
                Boston Bruins
                Chicago Blackhawks

I think the Hawks only got added this year when NBC realized no one wanted to watch the Bruins when they're so bad.
                I was thinking about this in the car today while wondering how many times this summer it will be Red Sox - Yankees on Sunday Night Baseball!
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  That's it. I got into a discussion over on HF about it.

The Rangers appear once, Detroit 5 times, Philly and Boston twice, Pittsburgh 4 times and Washington/Chicago 3, I believe. NBC managed 17 different teams in 17 weeks of NFL football, but that's probably because Fox and CBS would burn their headquarters down if they monopolized the Colts, Pats, Favrkings and Cowboys.
                  You've seen what the ratings look like when they get the GOOD teams with a big following on the air, imagine if you crammed in a Thrashers-Devils game on NBC?

By the way, Detroit v. Chicago couldn't be picked out for next Sunday because the Red Wings used up all their NBC appearances, instead we'll get Boston-Washington.
                  Last edited by GreatLakerMohawk; 04-04-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                    Out of curiosity...

Bigger sieve:

Carey Price
                    Christobal Huet
                    Brian Boucher
                    From that list, it's a tie between Huet and Osbad, since Oz managed to turn it around in the playoffs last year (even if the results were not indicative of his play). Though to be fair to him, he hasn't gotten a lot of chances to improve upon his 08-09 regular season effort, due entirely to Howard's play since November.

But hey, even if Detroit's a first round exit, "The Streak" officially stays alive. Thanks Calgary!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                      You've seen what the ratings look like when they get the GOOD teams with a big following on the air, imagine if you crammed in a Thrashers-Devils game on NBC?

By the way, Detroit v. Chicago couldn't be picked out for next Sunday because the Red Wings used up all their NBC appearances, instead we'll get Boston-Washington.
                      Yeah. They get static regardless, and ignore half the country while they're doing it. I imagine it's pretty easy to justify showing 6 east time zone teams when any hockey fans in half the country are getting out of church or bed when the puck drops and not watching hockey.

The ratings next week are going to be *** anyway, since Tiger will likely still be in the Masters, so they may as well show decent hockey instead of Alexander Ovechkin vs. the amazing craphole Bruins. The Devils (yeah, yeah, I know boring hockey. Have you met Claude Julien?) are playing Ryan Miller (the other hockey guy Americans have heard of despite his nuts not being juggled by Pierre McGuire)'s "playoff" bound Buffalo Sabres that Sunday.

But yeah, show me more Bruins hockey. Jesus. I hope the game's in Boston, so the arena is empty because the Red Sox are playing.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Yeah. They get static regardless, and ignore half the country while they're doing it. I imagine it's pretty easy to justify showing 6 east time zone teams when any hockey fans in half the country are getting out of church or bed when the puck drops and not watching hockey.

The ratings next week are going to be *** anyway, since Tiger will likely still be in the Masters, so they may as well show decent hockey instead of Alexander Ovechkin vs. the amazing craphole Bruins. The Devils (yeah, yeah, I know boring hockey. Have you met Claude Julien?) are playing Ryan Miller (the other hockey guy Americans have heard of despite his nuts not being juggled by Pierre McGuire)'s "playoff" bound Buffalo Sabres that Sunday.

But yeah, show me more Bruins hockey. Jesus. I hope the game's in Boston, so the arena is empty because the Red Sox are playing.
                        The game is in Washington, unfortunately. The ignorance of the west coast teams is a universal thing as Versus does it too. It sucks. And yes, the Bruins are heinously boring to watch and the ad wizards all seem to think that people in Boston give a crap about the Bruins. I blame the other teams in Boston for giving the idea that anything Boston sells to these execs.

Comment

Shocking story about hockey predator Graham James.

Graham James, the junior coach convicted of sexually abusing his players in a case that rocked the hockey world from house leagues to the NHL, has been pardoned by the National Parole Board, The Canadian Press has learned.

Though the pardon was granted three years ago, it comes to public light only now as a result of a previously unknown accuser contacting Winnipeg police.

A shocked Prime Minister's Office, notified of the pardon by The Canadian Press, called it a "deeply troubling and gravely disturbing" development that demands an explanation from the parole board.
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            Shocking story about hockey predator Graham James.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Typical. Smoke a little weed from time to time and you're a dangerous drug addict who should be kept off the street and out of the workforce, but take advantage of a kid and you're just a disturbed/mentally ill person in need of counseling and sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Typical. Smoke a little weed from time to time and you're a dangerous drug addict who should be kept off the street and out of the workforce, but take advantage of a kid and you're just a disturbed/mentally ill person in need of counseling and sympathy.
                                And I thought I heard somewhere that if you are a non-Canadian citizen, and have a DWI, you have a 10-year "ban" from Canada. But molesters, murderers, etc, they're ok. They can visit anytime.

I'll see if I can find the law.

Edit: http://www.1800duilaws.com/article/travel_to_canada.asp

To begin, in Canada a DUI is a felony and therefore an excludable offense under the Immigration Act. A DUI is an indictable offense in Canada that may be punished by imprisonment for up to a 5 year term.ยน

So I guess it's any conviction. Thought they were especially harsh on DWI's.
                                Last edited by The Rube; 04-04-2010, 08:33 PM.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X