X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    I've never seen a team outside of RI screw up more odd man rushes...
    They can't score. Also, I'm glad Tim Thomas got that big contract.

Comment

The BJs prove that at this time of the year, no one goes down without a fight.

Unless you're the Bruins, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by neshl05 View Post
        They can't score. Also, I'm glad Tim Thomas got that big contract.

Ahh I love it how its all come full circle. Tim Thomas seriously might be the biggest one hit wonder since Brady Anderson and the worst Vezina trophy winner ever.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Dude, I never liked him. There have been a few one hit wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Ahh I love it how its all come full circle. Tim Thomas seriously might be the biggest one hit wonder since Brady Anderson and the worst Vezina trophy winner ever.
            Wade Redden makes $8 million a year.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Yeah seriously dude, we have Wade Redden and Chris Drury. If you eliminated just ONE of those guys from our team (preferably Redden) and just had half of that cap space to work with, the Rangers would probably be a playoff team with the addition.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                Wade Redden makes $8 million a year.
                Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                Yeah seriously dude, we have Wade Redden and Chris Drury. If you eliminated just ONE of those guys from our team (preferably Redden) and just had half of that cap space to work with, the Rangers would probably be a playoff team with the addition.
                I didn't say Sather and the Rangers were any better.

I completely agree that the Redden and Drury contracts have completely handicapped the team from becoming a real contender.

Redden especially. Drury yes he makes too much but he's still a player I like to have on the team. I didn't understand the Redden signing from the beginning.

The Rangers will not be a good team again until they can get rid of Redden and Roszival's contracts.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

The Rangers will not be a good team again until they can get rid of Sather's contract.
                  FYP.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

I'm ripping off AMC on this because it fits all too well here.

*****http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/fnart/fa267/pj/glasshouse1.jpg******

No, Prezde, don't do it!

*****http://www.blackhawktoysoldier.com/jesse_james/BH-0208.jpg******

Now you've done it.

*****http://farm1.static.flickr.com/17/89155812_3be71c63fd.jpg******
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Nice to see LUUUUUUUUU!!!! is ready for the playoffs.

Comment

FYP.
                        Even better.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by neshl05 View Post
                          Could the Bruins be a more boring team? Is it possible? They need to blow up the team and start over again. Good god.
                          That would be consistent with the "Let's Do What Montreal Does One Year Later" model they seem to be following.

-Play way above their heads and win the Eastern Conference's top seed? CHECK
                          -Have a letdown in the Conference Semis and lose to a team they were expected to beat? CHECK.
                          -Enter the year with ridiculously high expectations, their fans even uttering the phrase "Serious Cup Contenders" with a straight face? CHECK
                          -Get wracked with injuries and disappointing performances from guys who played way better the year before? CHECK
                          -Barely make the playoffs? CHECK (probably)
                          -Get smoked in the first round of the playoffs and end the season in embarrassing fashion? Remains to be seen.
                          -Blow up the team and bring in several new players? Remains to be seen.

I'd bet against the B's blowing things up to the extent of Montreal. But the other resemblance to the Habs in their fortunes over a 2 year period is (up to this point) pretty much dead-on.

Comment

FYP.
                            Yeah, and that isn't happening. I laughed the other day when someone said to me "I'd like a job with Dolan - that's serious job security!"
                            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by ColbyWMHB View Post
                              That would be consistent with the "Let's Do What Montreal Does One Year Later" model they seem to be following.

-Have a letdown in the Conference Semis and lose to a team they were expected to beat? CHECK.
                              -Enter the year with ridiculously high expectations, their fans even uttering the phrase "Serious Cup Contenders" with a straight face? CHECK
                              -Get wracked with injuries and disappointing performances from guys who played way better the year before? CHECK
                              -Get smoked in the first round of the playoffs and end the season in embarrassing fashion? Remains to be seen.

I'd bet against the B's blowing things up to the extent of Montreal. But the other resemblance to the Habs in their fortunes over a 2 year period is (up to this point) pretty much dead-on.
                              I remember talking to Bruins fans last year who thought they could win the cup... I laughed and said not in a million years. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by ColbyWMHB View Post

Our best offensive player this year is name "Patrice". Cue ominous music...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X