X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Instead he sees him coming and turns his back so he gets boarded and puts himself in harm's way..... Only to get rewarded for doing so.
    That is precisely what happened. You can clearly see him look over his shoulder, know Kesler is coming, then turn back to draw the boarding call.

Comment

Instead he sees him coming and turns his back so he gets boarded and puts himself in harm's way..... Only to get rewarded for doing so.

We should be used to seeing this stuff from college but seeing pros do it is pretty embarrassing.
      As I wrote back in November, it all starts at the youth level:

Do today's coaches, especially at the youth level, teach their players to keep their head on a swivel? I'm sure they do, but I don't believe that they stress it as much as coaches did back in my day.

I've said this a number of times -- we were taught to not turn your back on an opponent when you're close to the boards. Back in the day, we were taught to turn a shoulder into the boards (and keep your head on a swivel). Going back to teaching and playing that way would lessen the number of dangerous hits from behind.
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Good flipping gravy. The Wings cough up a 4-0 lead to Edmonton (EDMONTON?!?!?, Yes, Edmonton) and get bailed out by Datsyuk with a minute left in the 3rd.
        Detroit doesn't have quit. How many last second heroics has this team had?

Compare that to how the 'Hawks played a throw away game against the Blues, in St. Louis, where the Blues have (I think) the worst home record of any NHL team.

Lot's of Hawks fans at work are starting to wonder what's happening. I'm just happy that the Wings have a mathematical shot at taking the Central.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I am really starting to like Dennis Seidenberg. I didn't realize he was as good as he is. He sort of reminds me of what Wideman was like in his better days. He is a good puck moving d-man and he is pretty reliable in his own end. I would really like to see the B's extend him beyond this season, but it may be hard with the money they gave to Ferrence.

On another note, it really looks like the Bruins handled the Rask situation perfectly. A lot of people thought he should have been playing two years ago when Price was dominating in Montreal. But what a difference the development makes. Rask is clearly the future (and possibly going to be the top goalie in the East in a few years) while Price is battling for a job with Halak.
          Merrimack College Warriors
          Boston Bruins Hockey
          Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
          Old-time hockey, bar the door
          Clear the track it's all-out war
          Light the lamp, throw a hit
          Black and gold never quit
          The barn is full, our team's in town
          So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
          Drop the puck, it's time to go"
          -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
          Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

More than 12 thousand have joined the Facebook group Let's Get Pat Burns into the Hockey Hall of Fame - NOW!

According to the Toronto Sun, the group was started less than a week ago.

A Facebook campaign to get cancer-stricken coach Pat Burns into the Hockey Hall of Fame has more than 10,000 supporters in just five days.

Whether the fan response has any sway with the Hall’s selection committee remains to be seen.

The idea is to get Burns chosen in the builders’ wing, which does not require the three-year wait that players are subject to. Warren Weeks, part of the three-man group behind the push, hopes the huge response gets the required one member of the 12-person committee to put Burns’ name forward by the April 15 deadline. A June vote then follows and the induction ceremony is in November.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Marek Malik update............roughly as you'd expect. Should give Rangers fans a chuckle.

The careful video viewer will note that even if the pass had made it across the crease (SPOILER - it's an own goal!) it wasn't going to be anywhere near his teammate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,231425
              Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
              I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

VS. picking up an extra game tonight= *****http://www.b2bcoaching.co.uk/thumbs%20up%20low%20res.jpg******

It's a Penguins game= *****http://pocketchange.become.com/images/charlie-sigh-769156.jpg******

They're picking up the Pens feed= *****http://img.***********.com/albums/v246/elsongs/pics/vader_no.jpg******
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQug6qoqBOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQug6qoqBOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

So...that's 5 and a game misconduct.

Guh?
                  it really makes you wonder how much of the reffing is the buddy system.

I know the NFL scores their refs by as objective manner as possible... maybe its time the NHL tries to objectify the game even if that means scoring the game frame by frame.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    VS. picking up an extra game tonight= *****http://www.b2bcoaching.co.uk/thumbs%20up%20low%20res.jpg******

It's a Penguins game= *****http://pocketchange.become.com/images/charlie-sigh-769156.jpg******

They're picking up the Pens feed= *****http://img.***********.com/albums/v246/elsongs/pics/vader_no.jpg******
                    And then the Lightning beat the Penguins = *****http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/nelson_ha_ha.jpg******
                    Last edited by GreatLakerMohawk; 04-01-2010, 12:50 AM.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

And then the Lighting beat the Penguins
                      Who are the Lighting? Where do they play?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Dick.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          West Pierson Road in Flint!

Michael, Michael, Michael Lynn Lighting! You won't be disappointed, I'll betcha betcha!
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Jiri Hudler's Russian team is going through some... personnel upheaval and it appears it will free him up to return to the Red Wings next year should he want to. I'm sure Detroit having about $15 million or so coming off the books is just a coincidence.

Comment

Could the Bruins be a more boring team? Is it possible? They need to blow up the team and start over again. Good god.
                              Last edited by neshl05; 04-01-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neshl05 View Post
                                Could the Bruins be a more boring team? Is it possible? They need to blow up the team up and start over again. Good god.
                                I've never seen a team outside of RI screw up more odd man rushes...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X