X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I'm not.

Of course the NHL wants the Pens in on this gimmick every 3-4 years. More time for the Nothing But Crosby network to get his mug out there.

Also, people need to accept that the WC is pretty much always going to involve northern/eastern teams. That's where hockey has the biggest following and, most importantly, where it's feasible to have outdoor games. What matchups do those fans care about most? Oh yeah - other northern/eastern rivals.
    Why doesn't NBC just put the "Sid & Ovie Show" on every Sunday?

Four weeks ago Sid was a hero. Now he's just a whiny little Penguin!
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
      Why doesn't NBC just put the "Sid & Ovie Show" on every Sunday?

Four weeks ago Sid was a hero. Now he's just a whiny little Penguin!
      A hero on what TV network? TSN? CBC? CTV?

NBC never utilized the "hero" angle at all. Well, that I recall.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        A hero on what TV network? TSN? CBC? CTV?

NBC never utilized the "hero" angle at all. Well, that I recall.
        He was always the whiny little penguin, he just wore a different, equally disgusting jersey for 2 weeks.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          Thanks for the info. It totally slipped my mind. I am surprised the Rangers haven't been involved in an outdoor game. The New Giants Stadium would be a good venue. I'm also surprised that the Maple Leafs haven't gotten any consideration for an outdoor game. I think they are the only two Original Six teams to not play in the elements and I am sure they could get enough fan support to justify it.
          New Giants Stadium won't work because it was already tough enough for the NHL to pull off the one in Buffalo and that was with a bad football team.

Giants Stadium was TWO tenants and usually at least one of them is in the playoffs making it virtually impossible to predict or chance hosting the game there. One team is home every weekend making set-up very hard.

Also, I believe New Giants Stadium is trying to host a bowl game isn't it?

Plus there really wasn't a good seat at that game at all. Everyone was miles from the ice. I think the NHL wants to keep it at the baseball venues.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Down Goes Brown has their take on the "History Will Be Made" commercials the NHL are running.

http://www.blogesalming.com/2010/03/...forgotten.html
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It's fun that the Bruins keep teasing the fans this way.

Sadder still, I've seen some fans that are rooting for Tuukka and Timmy to win the Jennings Trophy rather than, you know, WIN GAMES.

How soon until Colborne plays?
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Good flipping gravy. The Wings cough up a 4-0 lead to Edmonton (EDMONTON?!?!?, Yes, Edmonton) and get bailed out by Datsyuk with a minute left in the 3rd.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  It's fun that the Bruins keep teasing the fans this way.

Sadder still, I've seen some fans that are rooting for Tuukka and Timmy to win the Jennings Trophy rather than, you know, WIN GAMES.

How soon until Colborne plays?
                  Its not funny when the one time I need the Devils to win, Bergeron knocks the stick out of White's hands and gets them two points.

Stupid Rangers! Just when I thought I was pulled back in, I yanked myself out.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Boston 1, New Jersey 0? That had to be the worst game ever.

Boston would struggle to score in a whorehouse with a fistful of $50's, and New Jersey is well, New Jersey with Jacques Lemaire.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Boston 1, New Jersey 0? That had to be the worst game ever.

Boston would struggle to score in a whorehouse with a fistful of $50's, and New Jersey is well, New Jersey with Jacques Lemaire.
                      Shots were 30-18 in favor of Boston going into OT.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        Shots were 30-18 in favor of Boston going into OT.
                        I notice you not disagreeing with me.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          I notice you not disagreeing with me.
                          No, I totally agree with you. Lemaire v. Julien is the Teacher v. Student of coaching.

Barftastic.

I've been saying the last few months that Obstruction is fantastic. I can only imagine it's going to be even uglier and stupid in the playoffs. Well, after the first round anyhow. Officials the last few years called everything tight the first round only to let a lot of everything go as the playoffs wore on. Ahh consistency!

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQug6qoqBOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQug6qoqBOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

So...that's 5 and a game misconduct.

Guh?

Comment

I don't have a problem with that hit, and I don't like Ryan Kesler.

Why don't guys take hits the right way anymore? He looked right at him! He knew he was coming! Get your body up tight against the boards and watch him bounce right off you to the ice!
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I don't have a problem with that hit, and I don't like Ryan Kesler.

Why don't guys take hits the right way anymore? He looked right at him! He knew he was coming! Get your body up tight against the boards and watch him bounce right off you to the ice!
                                Instead he sees him coming and turns his back so he gets boarded and puts himself in harm's way..... Only to get rewarded for doing so.

We should be used to seeing this stuff from college but seeing pros do it is pretty embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X