X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Nabokov with his 50th career shutout last night to tie him for 24th all time with that Detroit backup guy. I can't recall his name, because he now plays about as much as Clemmensieve did in Jersey.

Speaking of which, could the Wings just go on ahead now and get to a 5-6 seed? They're a top 4 seed disguised as an 8 right now because of injury, just like last year's Ducks.
    I dunno, I quite like them in that 7/8 spot so they can match up against the St, Clooud Sharks team that *insert choking sound here* in the playoffs every year. However, the Sharks also need to play well down the stretch or they fall behind the ownerless Yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by pardonme View Post
      Captain Clutch!
      Did you know he won the Little League World Series?
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
        Did you know he won the Little League World Series?
        He did? How about that, I had no idea!

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Speaking of which, could the Wings just go on ahead now and get to a 5-6 seed? They're a top 4 seed disguised as an 8 right now because of injury, just like last year's Ducks.
          Those 13 OTL's the Wings have are also helping to disguise them very well. I like where Detroit's at right now, but I think they'll end up reaching 5th or 6th. They're finally clicking all together while the other teams in that bottom half of the West clump are starting to run out of gas and getting sloppier.
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

The Kings need to rest Quick some coming down the stretch here. They also probably need to pull their heads out of their asses and get back to winning games.

Comment

"The Montreal Canadiens have won a Stanley Cup in each and every generation! Except this one!"

"...and Phil Kessel against the Bruins! *crickets*"

Still laughing over the Oiler's comment.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                Those 13 OTL's the Wings have are also helping to disguise them very well. I like where Detroit's at right now, but I think they'll end up reaching 5th or 6th. They're finally clicking all together while the other teams in that bottom half of the West clump are starting to run out of gas and getting sloppier.
                Congratulations on the new PHT writing gig, GLM.
                Last edited by kennedy; 03-26-2010, 10:54 AM.
                "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                  He did? How about that, I had no idea!

Yeah, you'd think they'd mention it more often.
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    "The Montreal Canadiens have won a Stanley Cup in each and every generation! Except this one!"

"...and Phil Kessel against the Bruins! *crickets*"

Still laughing over the Oiler's comment.
                    Plus the TheWinnipegJetsAreNowThePhoenixCoyotes comment. That was awesome, too. I love DownGoesBrown.

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
                      Congratulations on the new PHT writing gig, GLM.
                      Thank you much, I'm looking forward to getting started there.

For those curious, I'll begin writing for this site in the very near future.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        So apparently Spacek should've been the first player to get slapped with the new rule, but his shoulder-to-head hit on Booth (of all players) was not called.
                        And if he is slapped with any kind of punishment, it'll be ridiculous. Booth was examining his shoelaces and had his head down, and Spacek (not exactly a guy who is at all malicious, or usually even rough) laid a clean hit on him--from the front. Nothing blind side there.

I know the Cooke hit was bad. But this is what I'm afraid of....the league over-reaction the other way to the point that we (hockey fans in general, not just a couple people here) may be talking about a routine hard (and fair, and up to this point completely clean) hit being a potential penalty or suspension.
                        Last edited by ColbyWMHB; 03-26-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColbyWMHB View Post
                          Plus the TheWinnipegJetsAreNowThePhoenixCoyotes comment. That was awesome, too. I love DownGoesBrown.
                          The Maple Leafs... two hours later!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

No one does gallows humor the way Leafs fans can. They make MTU fans look like extreme amateurs.

Wait, that was redundant.

Comment

I'm not saying Spacek deserved punishment (having now seen the hit, I don't think he did), I'm just saying that the definition of 'blindside' is going to be subjectively interpreted in each situation where the call has to be made. Just like every other penalty in the rulebook.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I'm not saying Spacek deserved punishment (having now seen the hit, I don't think he did), I'm just saying that the definition of 'blindside' is going to be subjectively interpreted in each situation where the call has to be made. Just like every other penalty in the rulebook.
                                The NHL would prefer it to be this way. They enjoy having the wiggle room to be able to be as subjective about everything as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X