X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Wow, thanks for the explanation. You'd think they'd be able to do it a little better, without the mass confusion, but then again, it is the NHL.

So, if an NHL team doesn't have an affiliate, they can just put a player on any other AHL team, and the AHL team just has to go along with it? Or is this a case where the AHL teams have to agree to take these players?
    The AHL team would have to agree to take on a player from the unaffiliated NHL club. When the Dallas Stars kicked around the idea of sending Sean Avery to the AHL two years ago, the Hartford Wolf-Pack was the only club that wanted him; the Manitoba Moose went so far as to publicly state (since Dallas was putting a majority of their players in Manitoba) that they would refuse his assignment to them.

Most of those terms get worked out by the GM's behind the scenes.

Here's another wrench to the system too... NHL clubs don't necessarily have to assign their players to their AHL affiliate. They can also work out agreements to assign their players to other AHL clubs. The Atlanta Thrashers "loaned" defenseman Grant Lewis from the Chicago Wolves (AHL) to the Hershey Bears (AHL), and the Florida Panthers "loaned" forward Greg Stewart from the Rochester Americans (AHL) to the Chicago Wolves (AHL).
    These types of loans happen mostly toward the end of the year (the AHL trade deadline is traditionally a week after the NHL deadline) just before the "clear day" rosters are set. (Don't ask. It's a whole 'nother can of worms that you'd need some beers in you to understand.)
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles View Post
      From Down goes Brown. Classic.
      "And, Phil Kessel against the Bruins...*crickets*"

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        "And, Phil Kessel against the Bruins...*crickets*"
        I liked the "Calgary Flames: It's like watching the Toronto Maple Leafs, just two hours later."

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
          Why? It was just a scrum. Besides Cindy had already gotten away with about a dozen crosschecks leading up to it.
          Doesn't matter. Someone touched his head. 5-game suspension.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            I liked the "Calgary Flames: It's like watching the Toronto Maple Leafs, just two hours later."
            I am favorite of "The Edmonton Oilers...will never be on NBC". hahaha
            Merrimack College Warriors
            Boston Bruins Hockey
            Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
            Old-time hockey, bar the door
            Clear the track it's all-out war
            Light the lamp, throw a hit
            Black and gold never quit
            The barn is full, our team's in town
            So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
            Drop the puck, it's time to go"
            -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
            Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              (Don't ask. It's a whole 'nother can of worms that you'd need some beers in you to understand.)
              Ok, I'll ask at about 9:00 tonight.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Not Huet, but might as well be...

*****http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blackhawks-red-light-district/beach%20ball.gif******

Comment

Captain Clutch!

Comment

Originally posted by pardonme View Post
                    Captain Clutch!
                    More like Mottau and White getting PWNd like they always do leaving Drury wide friggen open in front. I doubt Jacques will get the hint that both are friggen awful. Martin and Salvador should be the D-pair for NJ up-1 under 1:00.

Comment

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Zd5jTtzWx8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Zd5jTtzWx8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385">

From Down goes Brown. Classic.
                      How'd that taste, America???

ROFLMAO!
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Issues with my cable (landlord pays for it, never activated my converter box) has made me lose versus and anything that isn't above basic cable (for the technical minded my ClearQAM was blocked by Comcast unless you use their box; I'm lazy and like just plugging the cable into my tv to get the local channels in HD. The box the landlord got me is one of the non-HD boxes and I'd lose the local channels in HD)...

But Comcast Chicago is offering a free preview of NHL Network for a few days, and I'm going to enjoy the Sharks/Stars game in glorious unfiltered 1080i HD. (again, for the technical crowd, they unblocked the SD and HD ClearQAM versions of those channels.)
                        Last edited by aparch; 03-25-2010, 09:41 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So apparently Spacek should've been the first player to get slapped with the new rule, but his shoulder-to-head hit on Booth (of all players) was not called.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            So apparently Spacek should've been the first player to get slapped with the new rule, but his shoulder-to-head hit on Booth (of all players) was not called.
                            Saw the hit reviewed in detail on the NHL Network, they said it didn't apply because the hit was straight on, Booth just had his head down and should have seen the hit coming.
                            Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
                            I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

I am favorite of "The Edmonton Oilers...will never be on NBC". hahaha
                              "The Winnipeg Jets...."
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Nabokov with his 50th career shutout last night to tie him for 24th all time with that Detroit backup guy. I can't recall his name, because he now plays about as much as Clemmensieve did in Jersey.

Speaking of which, could the Wings just go on ahead now and get to a 5-6 seed? They're a top 4 seed disguised as an 8 right now because of injury, just like last year's Ducks.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X