X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Nice of the Bruins to set the market for mediocre sixth defensemen like that.
    That's what I was thinking too. Its gonna raise the price now for Stuart and Seidenberg.
    Merrimack College Warriors
    Boston Bruins Hockey
    Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
    Old-time hockey, bar the door
    Clear the track it's all-out war
    Light the lamp, throw a hit
    Black and gold never quit
    The barn is full, our team's in town
    So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
    Drop the puck, it's time to go"
    -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
    Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Pretty fun game to watch thus far. I hate how Leopold and Goligoski almost make me like the Pens. Oh well.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

A Walter Mitty moment for University of Calgary's goalie Tuesday night in Edmonton. OK -- it was only the Oilers, but it was the NHL Oilers.

Pat Quinn called it “one of those feel good stories.”

The coach said he didn't know that the goaltender they gave him last night had just played one game in the last two years for the Calgary Dinosaurs and it took an injury and a suspension to get into that one.

“They probably didn't want to scare me,” he said.

He said he pictured Nathan Deobald “driving up from Calgary in a 1938 Ford pick-up truck” to be his backup goalie.

Quinn noted his phone rang more than usual yesterday after he emerged from the morning practice and announced “the search is on” to replace an ill Devan Dubnyk as backup.

“We have a lot of players in Edmonton who would have loved that,” said Quinn.

Informed that Olympic gold medal goaltender Shannon Szabados was one of them, Quinn said he'd have had no problem with that.
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

For those of you who like being up to date with jerseys:

Icethetics has released a preliminary list of teams with new jerseys for next year.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010...atch-2010.html

Comment

Pity this game needs to end in a shootout but Crosby Ovechkin and that last guy for the Caps...amazing work by the shooters.
            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Huge comeback in the shoot-out by the Caps. Down 2-0 they score on the next three and Theodore makes two saves in a row and the Caps get two points.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                A Walter Mitty moment for University of Calgary's goalie Tuesday night in Edmonton. OK -- it was only the Oilers, but it was the NHL Oilers.
                Wasn't it somebody in the Caps PR office that was asked to dress for a game? Weird that it still happens but it does.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Icethetics has released a preliminary list of teams with new jerseys for next year.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010...atch-2010.html
                  Originally posted by Icethetics
                  Buffalo Sabres:

Their current third jersey — a throwback with some modern updates — will take over as the home jersey, as has long been rumored.
                  YES! Finally! I hate the flying peanut. I hope it goes and dies in a hole.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Personally, I think the baseball-style script lettering is a bit cliche for pro hockey. I'd expect something more creative from an NHL organization, but hey - it's better than what Buffalo has.

Comment

The Buffaslug will die a long overdue death.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        Wasn't it somebody in the Caps PR office that was asked to dress for a game? Weird that it still happens but it does.
                        Not PR, but yes, the front office. Their website producer dressed for a game, and still occasionally dresses for practice when only one of the active goaltenders is on the ice.
                        "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
                          Not PR, but yes, the front office. Their website producer dressed for a game, and still occasionally dresses for practice when only one of the active goaltenders is on the ice.
                          Former D-III goaltender Brett Leonhardt who attended both Neumann College and Oswego State.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

AHL Team shuffle continues:

Syracuse Crunch reach an agreement to be the Anaheim Ducks affiliate next year while the Springfield Falcons will now be the Columbus Blue Jackets affiliate.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                              AHL Team shuffle continues:

Syracuse Crunch reach an agreement to be the Anaheim Ducks affiliate next year while the Springfield Falcons will now be the Columbus Blue Jackets affiliate.
                              I'm a little surprised that Anaheim decided to go back East. After their ruffled feathers in getting out of Portland in an effort to head West (and Iowa fu**ing them), they're scurrying back towards the Northeast?

Seems the big shakeup I thought might happen won't really take place.

And if Springfield fans thought the Oilers sucked as a parent club, they're in for a real treat with the Blue Jackets.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                I'm a little surprised that Anaheim decided to go back East. After their ruffled feathers in getting out of Portland in an effort to head West (and Iowa fu**ing them), they're scurrying back towards the Northeast?

Seems the big shakeup I thought might happen won't really take place.

And if Springfield fans thought the Oilers sucked as a parent club, they're in for a real treat with the Blue Jackets.
                                I think the writing is on the wall as far as the western expansion of the AHL goes. Abbotsford is in trouble as it is, and the Oilers moving their team to Oklahoma City might be as far west as it really gets.

A future move that would be interesting to see would be, the Thrashers make an agreement with Worcester while the Sharks move to Chicago and cut the air travel in half. I've got no reason to think that would ever actually happen, but it would make a wee bit more sense. I'm sure you'll disagree wildly with that though aparch.

Comment

Working...
                                X