X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
    I was really thinking a move back to San Jose for the Irish God of War [IGOW for short] was imminent. And I would have been okay with that as he is one player that deserves to have his name on the cup. At the very least a chance at it.
    Well then you definitely don't want him going to San Jose.
    "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

You think Nolen will get his name on the Cup in San Jose...is this your first year watching NHL Hockey?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        You think Nolen will get his name on the Cup in San Jose...is this your first year watching NHL Hockey?
        Hey now, I did say "a chance"
        Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
        Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
          Well then you definitely don't want him going to San Jose.
          I hate you both.
          Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
            I hate you both.
            Awww...dont you like being the Chicago Cubs of the NHL?
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

*****http://www.reallyfunnypictures.co.uk/animals/pics/11.06.06/ihateyouguys.jpg******
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Awww...dont you like being the Chicago Cubs of the NHL?
                That so fits the Wild 100x more except for the short franchise length. You guys sold out to watch Jacques LeMaire coached hockey rather than nuking it from orbit for the good of mankind.

Now he's back safe in New Jersey, where they worship him as a god and erect statues of him fellating Marty Brodeur.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Now he's back safe in New Jersey, where they worship him as a god and erect statues of him fellating Marty Brodeur.
                  Hang on, I need to vomit.
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/...phy_thrashers/

"...the Thrasher are right where nobody on the planet thought they'd be at this stage..."

"These guys are suddenly the Bad News Bears."

"Coach John Anderson has enjoyed plenty of success in the minors, but if he can get this group into the playoffs, it will be his greatest accomplishment as a bench boss. For no reason other than I think it would be an amazing story, I'm hoping the Cinderella Thrashers make it."

First, way for this douchë to backpedal like a motherfu**er in his closing statement.
                    Second, has this media hack NOT been paying attention to the turn around orchestrated since the trade deadline last year?

Hacks like this writer is why there are rumors of the Thrashers moving.
                    Last edited by aparch; 03-05-2010, 02:48 PM.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• fwiw (iow don't shoot the messenger), this is from Bucci's blog on ESPN.com

I watch parts of just about every NHL game. I don't watch "Lost" or "Dancing with the Stars" or "Idol." I watch NHL hockey every night I'm home. These are my observations:

1. Crosby rarely whines. In fact, he is one of the more subdued players in the NHL. That is a fact. If you believe otherwise, you haven't seen a large sample of his games this season.

2. To call him overrated is as implausibly mind-boggling as calling Lady Gaga underrated. He wins faceoffs, he scores goals, he is the best passer in the NHL, he backchecks, he's completely committed to his craft, he carries his franchise's media load and has since he was 18. No one has had more asked of him over the past five years than Crosby.

3. Crosby has a scoring title, an MVP award, a Stanley Cup and an overtime gold medal-winning goal. He's 22. He's good. Try to enjoy him like the NBA fans who aren't Cavaliers fans enjoy LeBron James and baseball fans who aren't Cardinals fans enjoy Albert Pujols.

I have a difficult time detesting anything in life except Michael Bolton covering Otis Redding songs. That's it.

Comment

I thought it was lunatics in Winnipeg that were the reasons why there are rumors of the Thrashers moving?

That said, the Eastern Conference is pretty awful once you get past the fourth or fifth spot. Everything below that is obscenely mediocre and... That's fine because the Penguins, Capitals and Sabres will love having someone to flog on in the opening round.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          I thought it was lunatics in Winnipeg that were the reasons why there are rumors of the Thrashers moving?

That said, the Eastern Conference is pretty awful once you get past the fourth or fifth spot. Everything below that is obscenely mediocre and... That's fine because the Penguins, Capitals and Sabres will love having someone to flog on in the opening round.
                          The only reason why the Sabres aren't in the discussion of being medicore is because of their goalie.

Wash and Pitt are so far ahead of everyone in the East it's not even funny.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            The only reason why the Sabres aren't in the discussion of being medicore is because of their goalie.

Pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Truth times 5.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Meant to post this last night:

Mikael Tam played his first game last night since Cormier knocked him out cold Jan 17th.

Comment

Working...
                                X