X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Oh, boo hoo.
    Again they each got hurt, and then continued to play in the tournament. Signifying that they're healthy enough for the Olympics and not enough for their teams.

For a smart guy, you have some issues with logic.

The issues aren't that they got hurt. It's that they continued to play (in Bergeron's case he basically hid it until the end of the games) or in Gaborik's he got hurt enough to miss the entire third period, with a history of the problem and then kept playing...and now he'll probably be out for weeks.

No issue with the Olympics. More with player stupidity.
    Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 03-04-2010, 10:39 PM.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      http://www.startribune.com/blogs/86450137.html

It would have nice to see Nolan in teal again.
      I love Nolan. He rules. But, the Wild will have to let him go at some point. I really think his career has undergone a revival here, and if San Jose would have been willing to make a fair offer, I hope that the Wild would have taken it.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

This might be one of the worst officiated games I've seen all year. Completely lost control of the game, arbitrary penalties, missing obvious dangerous plays.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

This might be one of the worst officiated games I've seen all year. Completely lost control of the game, arbitrary penalties, missing obvious dangerous plays.
          So what else is new?

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            I love Nolan. He rules. But, the Wild will have to let him go at some point. I really think his career has undergone a revival here, and if San Jose would have been willing to make a fair offer, I hope that the Wild would have taken it.
            I think it is cool he wanted to stay here and I hope they sign him in the offseason. He fits in perfect I think.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I think it is cool he wanted to stay here and I hope they sign him in the offseason. He fits in perfect I think.
              I do too. I just think that if a team comes along and offers a good pick or nice young prospect, they should probably do it.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                So what else is new?
                The Sharks announcers spent 10 minutes ripping the ref for missing the open ice boarding call 10 feet in front of him, and the TSN guys (mainly Ferraro) were even more ticked. Hilarious now because the Sharks came back and won.

The sad thing is he was watching the hit, and not the puck hit the post, so if it had gone in, he likely would have missed that call as well.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Price was good tonight, too bad for him that the Habs had their chances and couldn't finish.

Detroit and Nashville tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Those all-black Sharks unis are badass. They're almost always on after my bedtime, so I had not seen them before. LOVE them.

Comment

The Olympics have destroyed Nabokov.

Awesome. Wake me up in October 2010.
                      *****http://i539.***********.com/albums/ff353/Angelintheinfieild/FromRussiawithGlove.jpg******
                      Old Monster Records

Comment

You notice that these guys seem to play better when they've engaged ********* mode, with the flashy saves and smirks after the whistle?

Not sure how I feel about that.

Comment

You notice that these guys seem to play better when they've engaged ********* mode, with the flashy saves and smirks after the whistle?

Not sure how I feel about that.
                          I call it confidence.
                          Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                            But god, Scooby can't see a thing wrong with the NHL sending players to the Olympics right?

I still don't. Players are hurt all the time. Heck, Minnesota probably won't even make the playoffs this year due to injuries. It's sick how many game days have been lost this year by Wild players.

And please take Gabby off your list of players to complain about playing in the Olympics. We all knew his groin was going to give out. It was only a matter of time.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeah but the point is, if you are an owner and you see players fight through injury to play for their country but then are too hurt to play for the paycheck that makes it hard to justify sending the players there.

The owners lose money on the deal, whether you like it or not from their perspective it is stupid and not a good risk.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It would have nice to see Nolan in teal again.
                                Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I was really thinking a move back to San Jose for the Irish God of War [IGOW for short] was imminent. And I would have been okay with that as he is one player that deserves to have his name on the cup. At the very least a chance at it.

Obviously, judging by what was quoted in that article, San Jose didn't call, or didn't offer high enough collateral.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I really hope the IGOW decides to remain in Minnesota. IMHO, he has AT LEAST 2 years left in the tank. The Wild need to rebuild, but I can't think of a better veteran to have around during that process.
                                Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                                Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Working...
                                X