X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
    It is insane that the two games most people watching will care about are on at times when people are either a) at work or b) asleep.
    The home team always gets the late game. Just ask the Gophers.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by mehcky View Post
      was thinking the same thing...Russia-Canada may be the best game of the tourney...brilliant scheduling
      Guess that's what DVR is for, but I probably won't manage to avoid spoiling the endings of either one before I watch them.
      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

The US game in the afternoon isn't a big deal to me, I don't expect the US games to be in primetime every game, since this is the Olympics and its not being played here. If I can get through the day without spoiling the game, and watching it on DVR, that would be great, if not, I'll live. The Russia-Canada game going on at Midnight, is asinine. That is THE GAME that they have been waiting for, no, its not for a gold, like expected, but still, it is Crosby vs. Ovie. I can't imagine that scheduling decision is very popular in eastern Canada either.
        Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Datsyuk will burn down Detroit. Or what is left of it in 2014, anyways.
        ...and no one will notice or care...
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The whole Canada vs. Russia thing may force the owners into allowing NHLers at Sochi.

If Canada loses, they will want to redeem themselves in 2014 and does Gary Bettman want a war with Hockey Canada?

If Russia wins or loses, they will want to win in front of their home fans because Ovie and the rest want to play in front of their fans.

I wonder if the owners really want to have this game of chicken because I can almost guarantee you that a lot of Russians will go to the KHL so they can play in Sochi.
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            The home team always gets the late game. Just ask the Gophers.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
              I wonder if the owners really want to have this game of chicken because I can almost guarantee you that a lot of Russians will go to the KHL so they can play in Sochi.
              They are already standing up saying they will. I really think this was just put out there to start negotiations on the upcoming CBA. The players are going to have to give something up.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                They are already standing up saying they will. I really think this was just put out there to start negotiations on the upcoming CBA. The players are going to have to give something up.
                Another factor to keep in mind - the ongoing lack of a transfer agreement with the KHL. Nobody has come out and said it, but given the "comfy" relationship betwen the KHL and the Russian government, I wouldn't be surprised if the NHL is also using this tactic to get the KHL back to the bargaining table as well.
                Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                  Another factor to keep in mind - the ongoing lack of a transfer agreement with the KHL. Nobody has come out and said it, but given the "comfy" relationship betwen the KHL and the Russian government, I wouldn't be surprised if the NHL is also using this tactic to get the KHL back to the bargaining table as well.
                  The NHL is always the one walking away from that table. If the KHL continues with its success, we'll have another type of Cold War on our hands.
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                    The NHL is always the one walking away from that table. If the KHL continues with its success, we'll have another type of Cold War on our hands.
                    Come on now. The NHL is always the altruistic one. Certainly the players and the KHL have to be at fault.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that if the NHL refuses to participate in the Olympics, the Russian stars walk back to the KHL for a season, and the KHL wins. Why on earth would they want the NHL to participate? Doesn't seem like much of a bargaining chip on the NHL side of things.
                      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Mike Comrie proposed to Hillary Duff and we all got to see that Hillary Duff is, indeed, a keeper.

If you can't view the photos at work, I'll sum it up with this:

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/394U9DhgEXE&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/394U9DhgEXE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

For 80% of my yearly salary, you better get that afterwards.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

What success is that?

There's four Russians that could leave for the KHL that anyone that watches the NHL would care about, and only one Russian anyone outside of hardcore hockey fans would care about. And that's assuming all of them would want to go back to Russia.

Why should the NHL make negotiations with a league full of washed up NHL rejects that has nothing to offer them? If all the Russians want to leave, then it's Do svidanya, Comrades. Enjoy playing for the mob.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              Why should the NHL make negotiations with a league full of washed up NHL rejects that has nothing to offer them? If all the Russians want to leave, then it's Do svidanya, Comrades. Enjoy playing for the mob.
                              Your getting my points crossed up here. It's not so much those four players, it's the whole part of the NHL having no transfer agreement with Russia. There's a semi-tenuous kind of thing working out now that still gets NHL owners worried. Look at what's gone on with Nikita Filatov and Tikhonov with the Coyotes. They're playing in Russia because they're getting better play there/happier there but have contracts with NHL teams.

The arrogance the NHL carries about their side of business is obnoxious and while it would hurt the pro game here if the KHL kept getting stronger and making headway across Europe, I won't lie, I'm rooting for it to happen so the NHL will get their own act cleaned up.

Comment

Mike Comrie proposed to Hillary Duff and we all got to see that Hillary Duff is, indeed, a keeper.

If you can't view the photos at work, I'll sum it up with this:

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/394U9DhgEXE&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/394U9DhgEXE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                                I'm guessing that this is a link I should wait to check out until I get home from work...
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X