X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    I'll be curious to see how they'll manage to make the 10 pm game move along in just two hours.
    No commercial breaks and 10 minute intermissions?
    "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Or better yet, take away the refs whistles!

Photography

Comment

Today's Knockout Round Schedule is crazily full (all times Eastern because I have Eastern Bias):

3 pm: Switzerland v. Belarus (USA Network)
        7:30 pm : Canada v. Germany (CNBC)
        10 pm: Czech Republic v. Latvia (CNBC)
        Midnight: Slovakia v. Norway (CNBC)

I'll be curious to see how they'll manage to make the 10 pm game move along in just two hours.
        They won't. Unless they feel that the Czechs will get such a monstrous lead that the Latvians call for mercy before the third.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Then Malkin burns down the city.
          That's OK, we are talking about Pittsburgh after all. After that, someone needs to burn Cleveland and Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            That's OK, we are talking about Pittsburgh after all. After that, someone needs to burn Cleveland and Detroit.
            Datsyuk will burn down Detroit. Or what is left of it in 2014, anyways.

Comment

Czech-Latvia being played at the arena the women's games have been played.

Now that makes more sense.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

So are they figuring that it's going to be so beyond decided by the two hour mark that the coverage will just switch over?

Photography

Comment

I was gonna say, that isn't much time for the Canada-Germany game either. It would have made it so the Czechs, Latvians, Slovaks and Norwegians couldn't warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                    So are they figuring that it's going to be so beyond decided by the two hour mark that the coverage will just switch over?
                    I have noticed a few times that when things overlap, MSNBC picks up the beginning of what was supposed to be next on CNBC. But, who knows if that happens tonight. I am going to assume not so I don't get my hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      I have noticed a few times that when things overlap, MSNBC picks up the beginning of what was supposed to be next on CNBC. But, who knows if that happens tonight. I am going to assume not so I don't get my hopes up.
                      Yeah we'll miss parts of the late game because of the Czech game. At least missing hockey because of other hockey is acceptable.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Yeah we'll miss parts of the late game because of the Czech game. At least missing hockey because of other hockey is acceptable.
                        Yeah, it gets a little tougher to complain at that point.

Comment

Crap.... tomorrows schedule...

3pm-5pm Ice Hockey Men's Quarterfinal: USA vs Switzerland-Belarus winner (live ET/CT) NBC Calendar
                          7pm-10pm ET Ice Hockey Men's Quarterfinal: Finland vs Czech Republic-Latvia winner (live) CNBC Calendar
                          10pm-12:30am ET Ice Hockey Men's Quarterfinal: Sweden vs Slovakia-Norway winner (live) CNBC Calendar
                          12:30am-2:30am ET Ice Hockey Men's Quarterfinal: Russia vs Canada-Germany winner (live) CNBC Calendar

(-1 hr for CT and MT) Times subject to change.

Comment

Originally posted by mehcky View Post
                            Crap.... tomorrows schedule...

3pm-5pm Ice Hockey Men's Quarterfinal: USA vs Switzerland-Belarus winner (live ET/CT) NBC Calendar
                            7pm-10pm ET Ice Hockey Men's Quarterfinal: Finland vs Czech Republic-Latvia winner (live) CNBC Calendar
                            10pm-12:30am ET Ice Hockey Men's Quarterfinal: Sweden vs Slovakia-Norway winner (live) CNBC Calendar
                            12:30am-2:30am ET Ice Hockey Men's Quarterfinal: Russia vs Canada-Germany winner (live) CNBC Calendar

(-1 hr for CT and MT) Times subject to change.
                            It is insane that the two games most people watching will care about are on at times when people are either a) at work or b) asleep.

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                              It is insane that the two games most people watching will care about are on at times when people are either a) at work or b) asleep.
                              was thinking the same thing...Russia-Canada may be the best game of the tourney...brilliant scheduling

Comment

3-5? So...that means midway through the game I'm going to have to start flipping channels to find out where they shove the hockey game so my local news can start?
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X