X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season Part 3: After The Gold Rush

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Chris Chelios signs with the Thrashers.
    Reportedly has to clear waivers and will then remain in the AHL as an injury call-up. There are no immediate plans to bring him up to the big club.

Comment

Is pickles due back from injury for the sharks tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by pardonme View Post
        Is pickles due back from injury for the sharks tonight?
        Nope. Still out for a little bit. Not saying when he'll be back, but they're saying he doesn't need surgery...so that's good I suppose.
        Old Monster Records

Comment

Nothing groundbreaking to report on the Thrashers/Wolves from Chicago. Oystrick stays with the Wolves for the remainder of the season (pending callups once he's healthy). Anaheim doesn't have a true AHL affiliate to ship him to (thank you Iowa for fu**ing that one up), and I'm sure that played into him being dealt to Anaheim vs other guys.

As for Cheli, I'm a little confused as to why the Thrashers locked him up... My guess is that he has been instrumental in developing Arturs Kulda into a serviceable defenceman having Kulda ride his coattails to the top of the plus minus category that they want to make sure that he remains with the Wolves for their Calder Cup run.

Speaking of that, while it doesn't feel the same as 2008, this team is definitely looking to make a post season drive. Wolves I mean. Thrashers need some help still...

It's too bad that Rockford decided to play like Anaheim Sunday night and break Brett Sterling's collarbone. I hate the Blackhawks junior goon squad.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
            Nope. Still out for a little bit. Not saying when he'll be back, but they're saying he doesn't need surgery...so that's good I suppose.
            Of course, these are the same guys that had Mitchell coming back in November last year, so your mileage may vary.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Islanders trade Andy Sutton to Ottawa for the Sens 2nd round pick they got from San Jose.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Islanders trade Andy Sutton to Ottawa for the Sens 2nd round pick they got from San Jose.
                An aging 5th/6th defenseman for a high-ish pick isn't too bad. He is big, physical, blocks shots and has a lot of PK experience. All things considered, he's had a pretty solid NHL career for being a former Tech road cone.

Comment

What a treat it is as a hockey viewer to go from the Olympic Gold Medal game on Sunday afternoon/evening to Bruins/Habs tonight.

Talk about two extremes on the quality scale.

Comment

Originally posted by ColbyWMHB View Post
                    What a treat it is as a hockey viewer to go from the Olympic Gold Medal game on Sunday afternoon/evening to Bruins/Habs tonight.

Talk about two extremes on the quality scale.
                    It could be worse - you could be watching Rangers/Sens.
                    "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                      It could be worse - you could be watching Rangers/Sens.
                      I think that game is probably better than Bruins/Habs because it already has TWO goals in it!

Comment

Originally posted by ColbyWMHB View Post
                        I think that game is probably better than Bruins/Habs because it already has TWO goals in it!
                        Three, now. Still not a great game.

Photography

Comment

Once Pittsburgh clears some salary space, they'll be sending Luca Caputi to Toronto for Alexei Ponikarovsky.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                            Three, now. Still not a great game.
                            Apparently all I needed to do was complain. It's now 4-1.

Photography

Comment

Once Pittsburgh clears some salary space, they'll be sending Luca Caputi to Toronto for Alexei Ponikarovsky.
                              "Did you just send that joke fax waiving Crosby to the NHL offices?"

"It looked just like a normal one."

"You ****ing idiot, go unplug the fax. Call Gary, do something!"
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Well - after the magic of Sunday -- my Leafs still suck!
                                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                                X