2009-2010: Official Minnesota Wild Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009-2010: Official Minnesota Wild Thread

Holy crap, the Wild are in HD against the Kings.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Holy crap, the Wild are in HD against the Kings.
      So is it better watching them go down 3-0 nice and early with crystal clear picture?
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        So is it better watching them go down 3-0 nice and early with crystal clear picture?
        And sound! Don't forget sound You could almost hear a pin drop in the STAPLES at times
        Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
        Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          I wouldn't know. I fell asleep.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Vomit.
            BigPieps: Nathan > few million others
            BigPieps: Once again, Nathan speaks the truth.
            GreatLakerMohawk: Bill Smith is a ******.
            GreatLakerMohawk: Why do you question Nathan? He knows what's up. F-cking listen already.
            GreatLakerMohawk: Nathan appears to be the only smart one here. Again.

Join us for Wild Discussion at Hockey Wilderness.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              Vomit.
              It's okay, Nathan, plenty of time to get better. Like Russo said in his blog, maybe the boys will actually LEARN this time they can't go down by 3 goals every night in the National Hockey Leauge and expect to come back and win. Not practical.

Wanted: 1) better defense and 2) better goaltending.

#1 is going to be finding the balance between "aggressive" and "smart." #2 was sitting on the bench last night.
              Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
              Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

The Wild have acquired Chuck Kobasew from Boston for Craig Weller, a 2nd round pick and the rights to Alex Fallstrom.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  The Wild have acquired Chuck Kobasew from Boston for Craig Weller, a 2nd round pick and the rights to Alex Fallstrom.
                  I don't like this. I think Alexander Fallstrom will end up being a pretty **** good NHL player. But maybe thats just because I've already come to peace with the fact that this season is in the toilet.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Weller for Kobasew seems like a good enough upgrade. I don't like giving up picks or prospects on top of it, but Kobasew is certainly a good enough upgrade AND he has another year on his deal.

Although I'm a little confused as to how it is that we have the cap space for this. According to nhlnumbers.com, Kobasew is nearly $1.75 million more per year and we only have a little more than $1 million in cap space.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Weller for Kobasew seems like a good enough upgrade. I don't like giving up picks or prospects on top of it, but Kobasew is certainly a good enough upgrade AND he has another year on his deal.

Although I'm a little confused as to how it is that we have the cap space for this. According to nhlnumbers.com, Kobasew is nearly $1.75 million more per year and we only have a little more than $1 million in cap space.

Russo explains it pretty well.

Basically they've take Bouchards cap hit away temporarily in order to be able to afford Kobasew's. Russo also makes the good point about how Fallstrom is still at least 4-5 years away from making any kind of impact on the NHL. For a team thats pretty banged up and could use scoring help, a prospect that's 4+ years away from the NHL for a proven 20 goal scorer is a pretty good deal.
                      Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post

Russo explains it pretty well.

Basically they've take Bouchards cap hit away temporarily in order to be able to afford Kobasew's. Russo also makes the good point about how Fallstrom is still at least 4-5 years away from making any kind of impact on the NHL. For a team thats pretty banged up and could use scoring help, a prospect that's 4+ years away from the NHL for a proven 20 goal scorer is a pretty good deal.
                        When I first read about the trade I was pretty mixed on it. But after reading Russo's explanation that seems to make sense. I'm not crazy about the trade, but I guess it's okay.
                        04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                        USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                        I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                        Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                        I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

It just drives you nuts as a fan to have Havlat and Sykora both out cause of the infamous Gabby injury. Doesn't sound as serious, but still.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            It just drives you nuts as a fan to have Havlat and Sykora both out cause of the infamous Gabby injury. Doesn't sound as serious, but still.
                            While Gabby is putting up numbers in NY...
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              While Gabby is putting up numbers in NY...
                              Dont fall into that trap, Gabby may go a year without an injury (not likely but lets go with it) but we all know next year he will be done in training camp.

Maryann will always be the big tease
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Dont fall into that trap, Gabby may go a year without an injury (not likely but lets go with it) but we all know next year he will be done in training camp.

Maryann will always be the big tease
                                Yeah, that is true. We're better off without him.

So...who are the top 2-3 prospects for next year's draft? It will be nice to have some quality young talent in the system!

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X