• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: (un-) Official Minnesota Vikings 2009-2010 season thread

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Jack is too much like Bourbon...needs a mixer. I drink Irish Whiskey, or Scotch Whiskey...nothing else

See I dont think it will be low scoring because I think GB is going to go for broke. The only real success they had was on big plays so I see them throwing deep often. (I also think they max protect so Jared Allen doesnt murder Arodg) It will work at first probably picking on Paymah but as I said in the 3rd quarter I see them giving up a huge sack to Mulletman and the ball coming out.

Couple that with AP getting about 135 yards and 2 scores and I have this roughly 29-20. Not super high scoring but not low scoring either. I will also say that if the Vikes to Rodgers early like they did at the Dome, my prediction will be way off and the Vikes will roll. I don't see that happening though because I think McCarthy realizes that a loss in this game pretty much kills them in terms of the division and would make them look terrible. They will play a lot of two tight ends and hope Jennings and Driver can get open downfield. (Ryan Grant will NOT have a good game no matter what)
    Jack....needs a mixer? Now who's the pansy?!

Most of the big plays for GB happened later in the game......when MN was playing a relaxed defense. There's the rub.

I think we're both in agreement that it'll be close, it's a matter of the finer details.

If it's half as exciting as the last game, though.....wow. I'll be glad I watched it, no matter the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

I like Scotch.

No, I will not continue into that incredibly tired quote from Anchorman.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Jack is too much like Bourbon...needs a mixer. I drink Irish Whiskey, or Scotch Whiskey...nothing else

See I dont think it will be low scoring because I think GB is going to go for broke. The only real success they had was on big plays so I see them throwing deep often. (I also think they max protect so Jared Allen doesnt murder Arodg) It will work at first probably picking on Paymah but as I said in the 3rd quarter I see them giving up a huge sack to Mulletman and the ball coming out.

Couple that with AP getting about 135 yards and 2 scores and I have this roughly 29-20. Not super high scoring but not low scoring either. I will also say that if the Vikes to Rodgers early like they did at the Dome, my prediction will be way off and the Vikes will roll. I don't see that happening though because I think McCarthy realizes that a loss in this game pretty much kills them in terms of the division and would make them look terrible. They will play a lot of two tight ends and hope Jennings and Driver can get open downfield. (Ryan Grant will NOT have a good game no matter what)

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I see your taste in whiskey sucks as much as your taste in beer and commercials (minus Jack)

I think GB would be foolish to go with the "shut down AP to shut down the Vikes" defense because it hasnt worked all year. They need to blitz early and often and hope to get Brett off balance and throwing wildly. If they lay back in hopes of cutting off AP Brett will pick them apart again like Christmas goose.

I say Vikes by 9...but like I said the Packers will probably lead early and most likely at halftime.
    Jack, while good, is overrated. I prefer a cleaner taste (Jack is awful caramelly and sweet, if you can believe it).

And GB would be foolish. See: the first matchup this season. Until MN played prevent, GB was getting whupped.

But, this is a divisional game, and a HUGE rivalry, so you have to toss most trends/stats, as the cliche goes.

I almost sense a low-scoring game, because of both teams "fixing" whatever problems they had on defense in the first matchup. Maybe a 20-17 game or so. I'll toss out an official prediction in the next couple of days, but I see a lot of old-time football here.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Some of my favorite whiskeys: Crown, Powers, Maker's, Woodford, Jack, and Feckin'.

As for AP, GB tried to stop AP last time and "make Brett beat them" so to speak. Oops. I am thinking they do the reverse this time, for the most part, and AP will have 150+ yards, although again, MN wins in a close one.

Edit: I do want to try Redbreast, but at $40+ a bottle, that would be a rarity.
    I see your taste in whiskey sucks as much as your taste in beer and commercials (minus Jack)

I think GB would be foolish to go with the "shut down AP to shut down the Vikes" defense because it hasnt worked all year. They need to blitz early and often and hope to get Brett off balance and throwing wildly. If they lay back in hopes of cutting off AP Brett will pick them apart again like Christmas goose.

I say Vikes by 9...but like I said the Packers will probably lead early and most likely at halftime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X