X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: (un-) Official Minnesota Vikings 2009-2010 season thread

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Very few homefields (or home arenas), if any, are Lambeau. I think we can all agree on that (whether or not we like it is irrelevant). But the Dome is not something that other teams fear.
    Did you just start following football? Teams HATE playing at the Dome and it has nothing to do with the fact that it's a craphole...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Brent is like that drunk uncle every family has. He's pretty much ignored by the rest of the family. I suggest everyone implement this strategy.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Brent is like that drunk uncle every family has. He's pretty much ignored by the rest of the family. I suggest everyone implement this strategy.
        Who?
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Did you just start following football? Teams HATE playing at the Dome and it has nothing to do with the fact that it's a craphole...
          I think you overestimate the Dome. I'm not saying it's absolutely nothing (like, say, Ford Field). It just isn't as feared as much as Vikings fans think it is.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think you overestimate the Dome. I'm not saying it's absolutely nothing (like, say, Ford Field). It just isn't as feared as much as Vikings fans think it is.
            Whatever you say Brent...go back to telling us how classless Vikings fans are because they talked crap to you the one time you were there for a game. Speaking of which, have those classy Bills fans vandalized any players yards this week

You still havent answered the question...if the Dome is such a non factor why did it take Favre YEARS to finally win there? Even his great teams had issues winning there...why is that if there is no advantage? Come on oh great sage of the NFL explain it to us...just ignore the fact that whatever you say is completely wrong and everyone knows it!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Whatever you say Brent...go back to telling us how classless Vikings fans are because they talked crap to you the one time you were there for a game. Speaking of which, have those classy Bills fans vandalized any players yards this week

You still havent answered the question...if the Dome is such a non factor why did it take Favre YEARS to finally win there? Even his great teams had issues winning there...why is that if there is no advantage? Come on oh great sage of the NFL explain it to us...just ignore the fact that whatever you say is completely wrong and everyone knows it!
              One group talked crap to me. In the tailgate lots. The fans around me were pretty cool.

Just because I think there isn't an advantage in crowd, doesn't mean that one team can't be better than the other. Or that the turf/grass difference makes a difference.

So, are you going to post anything except "You're wrong, tell me why I should be wrong?" or are you going to provide actual thoughts/reasons why we should take your opinion for fact?

Edit:
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

One group talked crap to me. In the tailgate lots. The fans around me were pretty cool.

Just because I think there isn't an advantage in crowd, doesn't mean that one team can't be better than the other. Or that the turf/grass difference makes a difference.

So, are you going to post anything except "You're wrong, tell me why I should be wrong?" or are you going to provide actual thoughts/reasons why we should take your opinion for fact?

Edit:
                We? YOU are the only one arguing otherwise...everyone else agrees with me...unless you are talking about the voices in your head

It is sad to see someone's mind break down before our eyes...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Teams that don't/didn't have leases at the dome hate it too!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    We? YOU are the only one arguing otherwise...everyone else agrees with me...unless you are talking about the voices in your head

It is sad to see someone's mind break down before our eyes...
                    Fine. Me. Still haven't answered my question.

Obligatory at this point:

Comment

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-2749673.html

From 2003...BOX

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

One game. From 5 years ago. Using that one-game reasoning, the Lions are not a totally horrid team. They are 1-2 this year.

Comment

One game. From 5 years ago. Using that one-game reasoning, the Lions are not a totally horrid team. They are 1-2 this year.
                          http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/A...ome_crowd.aspx
                          From last year...

BOX...again.

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

And keep in mind, these are KC and the Falcons. Not Chicago and the Packers, where we'd get even more ridiculous amounts of noise.
                            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

If anyone knows about box, it's MNS!
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

From THAT article (bolding mine): "Crowd noise contributed to two false start penalties. Neither had significant impact on the game but it's enough to make the Birds think about playing in a hostile environment..."

Try again.

Comment

Working...
                                X