X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (un-) Official Minnesota Vikings 2009-2010 season thread

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    I've always been impressed with his candid approach to the limelight. When I hear him say things like, "It's no mystery that this team is built around Adrian Peterson" rather than go on an ego trip and attempt to take center stage, he impresses me as a "team player" and a solid leader.
    I remember when I was in high school and I used to think the same things about him.

Be aware. The deflector sheild is still operational.

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4c...its_a_trap.jpg

He's riding his tractor in his Wranglers now but just wait until he... well, I suppose that if you aren't expecting him to be there next year, it won't **** you off nearly as much if he feigns retirement for the next five years and your GM has no idea what to do each free agency period and draft.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      I'm not arguing the main point that you were trying to make, but does Roughing the Passer ring a bell for you? Or are you simply arguing that there should be a penalty besides the 15-yards and first down that comes with the current rule, sort of like the 5 yard facemask?
      Ok...I know you are smart enough to not need to ask that question (especially when I talk about the Roughing the Passer calls made in the game discussed) so I will just answer this...two separate penalties based on the intent and extent of the hit. If the contact is negligible call five yards and no first down, if it is blatant or truly a personal foul give the 15 and a first down. Touching a QBs helmet should not be a first down.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I remember when I was in high school and I used to think the same things about him.

Be aware. The deflector sheild is still operational.

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4c...its_a_trap.jpg

He's riding his tractor in his Wranglers now but just wait until he... well, I suppose that if you aren't expecting him to be there next year, it won't **** you off nearly as much if he feigns retirement for the next five years and your GM has no idea what to do each free agency period and draft.
        The Vikes dont know what to do with the QB position in the offseason anyways so Brett isnt going to be much of a hinderance
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          The Vikes dont know what to do with the QB position in the offseason anyways so Brett isnt going to be much of a hinderance
          Fair enough.

In that case, I guess the only thing you Rubes have to worry about is when he loses games for you. Certainly by now you must be aware of the fact that this will happen. It's just an issue of how important those games really are.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I am not a Rube, and I know he is going to lose a couple games for us, no one goes undefeated everybody always loses. (except the 1972 Dolphins)
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              I've always been impressed with his candid approach to the limelight. When I hear him say things like, "It's no mystery that this team is built around Adrian Peterson" rather than go on an ego trip and attempt to take center stage, he impresses me as a "team player" and a solid leader. I'm glad the Vikings got him for one last shot before he fades into the sunset....
              Even as a packer I totally agree. He's a guy who you want to absolutely hate, but you just cannot do it because the way he plays the game is just so remarkable, and it's unreal how respectable Brett plays the game. The block he threw for Berrian 40 yards down field, that's just something you look at and say, man, this guy is a marvelous football player.
              Originally posted by Koho View Post
              I'm not glad! I wish they would have never drafted AP either! I started hunting a dozen years or so ago. And after the 98' season debacle, was able to each year ween myself a little more from this team that has done nothing but frustrated me after decades of me giving them my nice, Fall, Sunday afternoons. With my new found freedom, I learned to really appreciate a nice autumn afternoon. So when I have almost completely extricated myself, they have to get Peterson, who is almost impossible to not watch. Then they have to add a quarterback, who, although aging, can actually step up his play and lead the team to victory. (Does anyone believe Tavaris could have finished the game that way?) I am getting sucked back in against my will. And only a Superbowl victory could make it seem worthwhile. And I still don't believe AP and Favre can break from the Viking's tradition. (And the Twinkies aren't helping me out either, even though I know they have no chance even if they win the Division.) I was gonna be a one sport fan, but just can't do it now.

(Yes, I am as pessimistic as Scooby when it comes to sports other than Gopher hockey.)
              fairweather fan?

The Vikes need to start putting complete games together or this success we're having could come to a stop..Green Bay will be a very intriguing matchup, as always, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it!
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Two words: Michael Strahan.

I lost a LOT of respect that day. And this waffling on retirement doesn't help. He's not selfless. He's a tool.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Two words: Michael Strahan.

I lost a LOT of respect that day. And this waffling on retirement doesn't help. He's not selfless. He's a tool.
                  you know what? the Vikes haven't had a tool since Randy Moss...maybe they need that!
                  Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                    you know what? the Vikes haven't had a tool since Randy Moss...maybe they need that!
                    Sorry, but for all the bad that Randy did, he was actually a great guy, player, and team guy.

Cris Carter was a cancer, on the other hand. Yes, I said it.

To be really serious, BrettFavre is as good a player as any. But to make him a saint for his team attitude? Or even average as his team attitude? I don't buy it one bit. He's done everything "right" this year with the Vikes....that is, once he signed. If he keeps it up through next year, then maybe I say he finally learned since he has nothing to lose at that point, and I will admit I was wrong.

At this point, he's just playing the system.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Fair enough.

In that case, I guess the only thing you Rubes have to worry about is when he loses games for you.
                      Doesn't every team pretty much have to worry about that?

But you are correct in that there are games in which his style of play catches up to him and will cost a game. Sometimes it's in the regular season, sometimes it will happen in the playoffs. Who the heck knows what will happen this year. I'm still torn on being a fan, but I'm not going to dwell on it nor pout and will cheer the team on regardless of the QB.

Comment

Page 2? THIS week?! For shame.

So here's a match. Start a fire.

Comment

When did Bob and Doug become Vikigns fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            When did Bob and Doug become Vikigns fans?
                            It's VIKINGS/PACKERS week, and this non-Vikings fan (save for the two weeks they play Paint Thinner Nation) has to come in here and try to rile the troops? So sad.

Comment

I love that song. Heh heh, they're such cheeseheads.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

fine, I'll sound off on Wisconsin and the Slackers.

I hate Wisconsin. I hate people from Wisconsin. I hate people that cheer for Wisconsin. I have never met people that take so much pride in such a turd. Wisconsin people treat their state like it's the greatest state in the union and really, it is the biggest pile of monkey *t in the union. There is nothing good about that state. None. The women are fat. The beer is swill. The landscape is pathetic. They call drinking fountains "bubblers". They have sex with deer on a regular basis. You want to know how fat they are? They used to have a law saying you couldn't serve apple pie without cheese!!!!! I mean, c'mon!

Now, as for Green Bay. Hooray, you won two Super Bowls way back when. Congrats. It was like 90 billion below zero and really, if you didn't win those, you're just a bunch of homos. Then you won Super Bowl XXXI. Without the guy that is quarterbacking the Vikings now, you have no chance of winning that game. Sure you had 700 pound Gilbert Brown at D-Line, who basically just stood there the whole game and was so fat they came out with the Gilbert Burger at Burger King, which was like 4 beef patties, 4 pieces of cheese, 4 strips of bacon, and extra mayo. Mmm, heart attack on a bun.

Seriously Wisconsin, you suck at life. And I hate you all.
                                Last edited by Sloe Gin; 10-01-2009, 09:08 AM.
                                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X