This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (un-) Official Minnesota Vikings 2009-2010 season thread

Leslie Frazier is in there too. The announcers made sure we knew that.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Hardy har har guys.

Great throw, better catch. To quote pretty much every Viking fan and football commentator today, "That is why we (the Vikings) signed him."

Very entertaining game.

I'm not sure, but I THINK there's a big game coming up.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre

I still won't cheer for him but I'll take the team results.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre BrettFavre

Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

I have no problem cheering for him. That was a fun result. The game was another weird one, but that was awesome.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I have no problem cheering for him. That was a fun result. The game was another weird one, but that was awesome.
              the 49ers are a decent team and they played the Vikes well. But yes, Vikings fans should have no problem cheering for a QB that can win you a game
              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

I have no problem cheering for Favre just so he continues to win games.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Cheering for Brett is easy. I love guys that can beat the odds.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  It's "Cheech." Get it right.
                  Typo....I'm pretty sure you meant to write "Cheeks". I wouldn't recommend it. Nice return from Percy "No mercy".

Comment

Well, driving to the cities this morning at 6:30 I never thought I'd end up seeing what I did today...WOW.

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    Eventually this season the Vikings will face a real NFL team, I hope they are able to compete.
                    I truly believe SF is a team who is definitely for real. they played a hell of a game today, and they've but in to what Mike wants from them.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I'll take the over 39 any day of the week. Which in actuality, I did tonight.

I think they win, but it will be really close, and I dare say it will be because of BrettFavre.
                    that's a hell of a call there Mr. Brent...
                    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

All in all, I continuously thought to myself today, we're just killing ourselves today. 1st TD was a result of a penalty that would've kept the niners without a first down,(before the roughing the passer, the offsides penalty..) and then the blocked FG loadholt was destroyed, etc, but they say good teams find ways to win, and that's just something I like to see. And this kind of stuff happens to EVERYONE but us. It's nice to see that for a change. This game might come close to the NYG playoff game in '97..that game may still be the biggest comeback, but what a great play to move to 3-0 today. This was one we couldn't afford to lose at home, and we found a way. Good job guys.

Glad to see Chilly still blows at calling plays....

Please be much better against Green Bay Monday. Thank You.
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I'm not cheering against Favre, I just have mixed results with him being on the team. I want the team to win even with him at QB, I'm just not gonna go outta my way to celebrate anything he does. Even my wife, who never watched football before 1997 when got married, said it's "really bizarre" to see him in purple.

Comment

Ya know everyone is blaming Loadholt for the blocked FG but didnt Hutchinson say after the game the play was his fault? To be honest it looked like half the Niners FG Block team was in on the play so in my mind it was a total breakdown.

Each team got called for a roughing the passer that was a brutal call at best. I still get totally annoyed whenever someone breathes on the QB and the flag comes out. QBs are going to hit, that is part of the game. If some dude runs over the QB after he throws pull a flag but if a guy takes a swipe at the ball and misses and makes contact with the helmet by accident or if a guy is on the ground and reaches for the QBS leg and a split second after he throws pulls him down that should not be 15 yards.

If they are going to continue to baby the QBs like this they need to make a separate penalty...like how there is "Running into the kicker" and "Roughing the kicker". QBs get bailed out too many times because of this crap.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          If they are going to continue to baby the QBs like this they need to make a separate penalty...like how there is "Running into the kicker" and "Roughing the kicker". QBs get bailed out too many times because of this crap.
                          I'm not arguing the main point that you were trying to make, but does Roughing the Passer ring a bell for you? Or are you simply arguing that there should be a penalty besides the 15-yards and first down that comes with the current rule, sort of like the 5 yard facemask?
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            I'm not arguing the main point that you were trying to make, but does Roughing the Passer ring a bell for you? Or are you simply arguing that there should be a penalty besides the 15-yards and first down that comes with the current rule, sort of like the 5 yard facemask?
                            I understood it as two penalties.

5 yards: Most of the ticky-tack stuff we see today.

15 yards + 1st down: QB gets blown up after throwing the ball.
                            University of Minnesota Golden Gophers
                            National Champions 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

I'm not cheering against Favre, I just have mixed results with him being on the team. I want the team to win even with him at QB, I'm just not gonna go outta my way to celebrate anything he does. Even my wife, who never watched football before 1997 when got married, said it's "really bizarre" to see him in purple.
                              I've always been impressed with his candid approach to the limelight. When I hear him say things like, "It's no mystery that this team is built around Adrian Peterson" rather than go on an ego trip and attempt to take center stage, he impresses me as a "team player" and a solid leader. I'm glad the Vikings got him for one last shot before he fades into the sunset....

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                                I'm glad the Vikings got him for one last shot before he fades into the sunset....
                                I'm not glad! I wish they would have never drafted AP either! I started hunting a dozen years or so ago. And after the 98' season debacle, was able to each year ween myself a little more from this team that has done nothing but frustrated me after decades of me giving them my nice, Fall, Sunday afternoons. With my new found freedom, I learned to really appreciate a nice autumn afternoon. So when I have almost completely extricated myself, they have to get Peterson, who is almost impossible to not watch. Then they have to add a quarterback, who, although aging, can actually step up his play and lead the team to victory. (Does anyone believe Tavaris could have finished the game that way?) I am getting sucked back in against my will. And only a Superbowl victory could make it seem worthwhile. And I still don't believe AP and Favre can break from the Viking's tradition. (And the Twinkies aren't helping me out either, even though I know they have no chance even if they win the Division.) I was gonna be a one sport fan, but just can't do it now.

(Yes, I am as pessimistic as Scooby when it comes to sports other than Gopher hockey.)

Comment

Working...
                                X