X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: (un-) Official Minnesota Vikings 2009-2010 season thread

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    It was a good call that had to be made because of the stupid 12 man in the huddle penalty that put them at the far, far end of Longwell's range. Even the announcers mentioned it was the right call given the circumstances. That's one game where the media's dalring coach (Payton) was outperformed by the one guy no one ever gives any credit. I'm not a huge Childress guy, but they Vikings game-planeed that game to perfection they were just undone by their turnovers.
    You still don't risk turning the ball over. Run it up the middle, run the clock down and kick the ball. I know it was a bad pass by Favre...that wasn't the only bad play call of the game.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p5CzkzrVOOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p5CzkzrVOOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
      They need to make a Coors Light Coach commercial of this. It's the only one that can beat Denny's "Let 'Em Off the Hook" commercial.

Thank you for making me laugh.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        But that SB stigma is still with both teams. I had hoped to lose that this year.
        Why not just hope for a Buffalo win? I just will never, ever get the mentality of hoping a team loses that isn't playing your team.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I think they should have tried the field goal even after the penalty, but you can't fault Chili for that.
          It was 3rd down - they had to call some sort of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
            It was 3rd down - they had to call some sort of play.
            You can kick on 3rd down.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Why not just hope for a Buffalo win? I just will never, ever get the mentality of hoping a team loses that isn't playing your team.
              What about wisconsin?

Scooby, they had a timeout left. At minimum, they should have run it to gain a yard or three. If you attempt a 50 yard plus FG, the odds of it being blocked go up considerably.

Comment

Do you realize who our coach is right now (or our coaches since Marv?) This is all I got. Otherwise I'd agree.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                You can kick on 3rd down.
                Bingo.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What about wisconsin?
                  And what about Week 17 when the Cowboys needed to beat the Eagles for the Vikings to get the bye?
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

What about wisconsin?
                    I couldn't give a flying eff what any other team does and you could probably easily find similar quotes from me here. As long as the outcome doesn't directly impact the team I cheer for (as in keeping them out of continuing the year) I don't root against specific teams - even rivals. If my team doesn't win I can't feel better because a rival didn't win either.

Comment

I couldn't give a flying eff what any other team does and you could probably easily find similar quotes from me here. As long as the outcome doesn't directly impact the team I cheer for (as in keeping them out of continuing the year) I don't root against specific teams - even rivals. If my team doesn't win I can't feel better because a rival didn't win either.
                      You have been like that, for sure.

And as I said, usually I am like that, unless I'm really hurting. And face it, the Bills are hurting in a bad bad way.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          You have been like that, for sure.

And as I said, usually I am like that, unless I'm really hurting. And face it, the Bills are hurting in a bad bad way.
                          Suck it up, Sally.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                            Suck it up, Sally.
                            He really whines a lot doesn't he....
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Someone should start a Favre Watch 2009 thread complete with daily updates.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I texted my buddy when it was 28-21 that neither team wanted to win this game or deserved to...I still maintain that

I then texted we should drive around and look on the bridges for jumpers and push them

Oh well, on to next year!
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X