Clear All

• Re: (un-) Official Minnesota Vikings 2009-2010 season thread

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
    Let's hire Favre as the next coach.
    He'd never accept the demotion.
    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      I would imagine that coaching at the professional level has far more to do with management than it does with teaching. If you're going to let Favre usurp that, you might as well just give him the clipboard. In my experience, you're better off with a coach who can be tough on Favre (Holmgren, McCarthy) than you are with a coach that can't control him (Sherman).
      Look, Chilli says next to nothing at his press conferences and what he does say half of it you can't believe. He is like Andy Reid and Belichek they just say the bare minimum and would rather be punched in the face than talk to the media. There was a couple times things looked rather tense between Chilli and Bret but no matter what Chilli isnt going to talk about it so we will never know how tough he is being or if he is just letting Bret do what he wants. I doubt it is as cordial as it seems.

Anyone who seriously even jokes that Bret is the problem here needs to just go away.

It amazes me though that with as bad as the D has played on both Sunday Night games (and the D was bad the whole game against Carolina the Panthers just shot themselves in the foot a lot) that there is no criticism of Leslie Frazier. The guy gets all the praise in the world when the D plays great but when they look like the Gophers D no one dares rip him. It is weird.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        It amazes me though that with as bad as the D has played on both Sunday Night games (and the D was bad the whole game against Carolina the Panthers just shot themselves in the foot a lot) that there is no criticism of Leslie Frazier. The guy gets all the praise in the world when the D plays great but when they look like the Gophers D no one dares rip him. It is weird.
        I agree. I mean, who lets Matt Moore throw a touchdown pass on 3rd and 26. It looks to my untrained eye that Frazier occasionally falls in love with the notion he has the best front 4 in football and can be a little late to recognize the need to bring some pressure from other places, especially against someone as inexperienced as Moore.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          The only reason to reduce Favre's playing time is to rest him for the playoffs. I don't think the team should start doing that until they've wrapped up the #2 seed (IF they can do that).
          Your logic and sound reasoning has no place in Minnesota sports. I hereby demand you cease and desist right away.
          04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
          USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
          I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
          Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
          I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Isn't this like the tail wagging the dog?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-over-offense/
            WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Lord Favre will bring end up derailing the Vikings season just like he did in New York and even last year's Green Bay season. The guy just has to be in control. McCarthy got tough on him so he wanted out. Same thing will play out in Minnehaha the next two weeks, and somewhere Trader Ted will be chuckling to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                Lord Favre will bring end up derailing the Vikings season just like he did in New York and even last year's Green Bay season. The guy just has to be in control. McCarthy got tough on him so he wanted out. Same thing will play out in Minnehaha the next two weeks, and somewhere Trader Ted will be chuckling to himself.
                Will this chuckling occur before or after the Packers season has ended in the first week of the playoffs while the Vikings are on bye?

Citing Ed Werder on anything Vikings related is like citing Paris Hilton on Quantum Physics.
                Last edited by Dirty; 12-23-2009, 01:16 PM.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Citing Ed Werder on anything Vikings related is like citing Paris Hilton on Quantum Physics.

ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Will this chuckling occur before or after the Packers season has ended in the first week of the playoffs while the Vikings are on bye?
                    I wouldn't count on the Vikings getting a bye yet with the Eagles breathing down their neck, and Lord Favre's propensity to play in December and January with both hands around his neck (or his head coach's neck for that matter).

Comment

I wouldn't count on the Vikings getting a bye yet with the Eagles breathing down their neck, and Lord Favre's propensity to play in December and January with both hands around his neck (or his head coach's neck for that matter).
                      Maybe that would be for the better, and if the Vikes play the Packers in the first round then BrettFarve can tune up his game against that vaunted Packers defense, that Big Ben struggled mightily against last weekend.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I can only hope the Chili and the Gang play the Packers in the first round of the playoffs, or even at any point in the playoffs. The Packers are more a dome team than the championshipless team to the west.

Comment

The Packers are more a dome team than the championshipless team to the west.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I can only hope the Chili and the Gang play the Packers in the first round of the playoffs, or even at any point in the playoffs. The Packers are more a dome team than the championshipless team to the west.
                            By my count the Packers are 13-10 (6-2 against the Lions) in domes since 2002. Stellar. They are 2-1 this year with wins against the Lions and Rams. Impressive.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

By that I mean the Vikings are more apt to have a power rushing team with Peterson. Although, Peterson has been up and down this year thanks to Old Man River taking forever handing the ball off - the holes just aren't there at times. The Packers have a lot of speed on offense and will likely struggle on a poor field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                                By that I mean...
                                ...nothing logical. The Packers already lost to the Vikings on grass and turf.

Seriously, is there a craigslist listing out there with the USCHO sign-up page linked saying, "Stupid people sign up here", because there's a handful have popped up the past few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X