This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: (un-) Official Minnesota Vikings 2009-2010 season thread

They may as well fire Chili now in that case. We all know that even if the Vikings show themselves to be the best team in the league that they'll find a way to lose.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      As for bbdl's post, 1998 rings a bell. But overall? Chili has been given all that he's wanted: a stud RB, a (arguably) stud QB, serviceable receivers, and his record has improved every year. If it doesn't happen this year, what more can the franchise do? That is where I think heads will roll. Is it fair? Heck no. Does it happen? Heck yes. See: Mariucci (SF) (IIRC) when he made the playoffs with a marginal team and STILL got fired?

If Chili doesn't make the SB, and truthfully they could get blown out 9807538902-0 in the SB, but if they don't make it, it wouldn't matter, he's gone, and TJack is traded, and Favre is gone. They may try to become the new Baltimore Ravens (circa early 2000's) and have a stud RB and stellar defense, and live off of that.
      I disagree...Denny wasn't fired and they blew a 15-1 season and the homefield in the Title game in historic fashion. He wasnt even fired when they lost 41-0 to the Giants in the title game despite the team being built in his image. Wilf isnt reactionary and if the team makes the title game Chilli will be safe.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

As for bbdl's post, 1998 rings a bell. But overall? Chili has been given all that he's wanted: a stud RB, a (arguably) stud QB, serviceable receivers, and his record has improved every year. If it doesn't happen this year, what more can the franchise do? That is where I think heads will roll. Is it fair? Heck no. Does it happen? Heck yes. See: Mariucci (SF) (IIRC) when he made the playoffs with a marginal team and STILL got fired?

If Chili doesn't make the SB, and truthfully they could get blown out 9807538902-0 in the SB, but if they don't make it, it wouldn't matter, he's gone, and TJack is traded, and Favre is gone. They may try to become the new Baltimore Ravens (circa early 2000's) and have a stud RB and stellar defense, and live off of that.
        In '98 it seems like the expectations started after the season started, I don't think anyone expected that team to have one of the most prolific offenses in history. This season it seems like the Super Bowl talk started the day BrettFavre was signed.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I disagree...Denny wasn't fired and they blew a 15-1 season and the homefield in the Title game in historic fashion. He wasnt even fired when they lost 41-0 to the Giants in the title game despite the team being built in his image. Wilf isnt reactionary and if the team makes the title game Chilli will be safe.
          I think it's SB. But even the NFC Title game should be the absolute MINIMUM given the expectations of this year, ever before Favre (since they won the div title last year, and are supposed to improve every non-championship year).

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          In '98 it seems like the expectations started after the season started, I don't think anyone expected that team to have one of the most prolific offenses in history. This season it seems like the Super Bowl talk started the day BrettFavre was signed.
          True, but after that preseason (which most folks still think is meaningful), the expectations were HIGH. Hell, they threw a K under the bus for missing ONE FG in the whole season, rather than the team kneeling with more time than most (if not all) their previous scoring drives took to succeed.

MN fans' patience is a short fuse. Very short.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah but the fans dont own the team so they have no say in who the coach is. I agree the fans will go apechit but I just dont buy that its SB or bust with Wilf. We will see but you guys put too much stock in what the idiot masses think, if they mattered at all Chilli would have been fired after year 2.

Pretty much everyone in the media said NFC Title Game was what was needed for Chilli to stick around and no offense but I will trust Mark Rosen and Company over the likes of you guys. Once again though it is all context, it isnt black and white either way.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              The same can be said for every set of fans not named the Cubs.

And I think Chili stays unless they crap the bed in the regular season or lose a home playoff game. If that happens all bets are off.

The downside is that once Favre actually DOES retire, who's taking his place?
              Yes, the QB position for the Vikings is very much in doubt post 2009, but they're no worse off in that regard (assuming neither TJack nor Sage are legit NFL starters) by signing Favre because they had already decided not to make another move before he agreed to come back. I think that may come back to bite them but who knows what will happen this off-season?

Comment

PA needs to shut up with this "Wall of America" name. It's just an obvious suck up attempt and is absolutely terrible. That's just par for the course with PA though. God does he suck without Dubay.
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  PA needs to shut up with this "Wall of America" name. It's just an obvious suck up attempt and is absolutely terrible. That's just par for the course with PA though. God does he suck without Dubay.
                  That is what you get for listening to his show
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=11305239

The NFL changes the kickoff time of the November 1st game between the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field. It will now start at 3:15 p.m. CT instead of noon.

The switch is due to logistical issues involving the Philadelphia Eagles/New York Giants game. It was scheduled to begin at 3:15 p.m., but should the Philadelphia Phillies be in the World Series, the football game was moved to noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      That is what you get for listening to his show
                      Perhaps, but today was classic. He kept trying to give away some stupid Hall & Oates CD to good callers and no one wanted it. He resorted to trying to give it to people at the beginning of their call, whether they be genius or idiot, and no one wanted it. I'm pretty sure callers were hanging up just so PA couldn't offer them the CD. Absolutely hilarious.
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Perhaps, but today was classic. He kept trying to give away some stupid Hall & Oates CD to good callers and no one wanted it. He resorted to trying to give it to people at the beginning of their call, whether they be genius or idiot, and no one wanted it. I'm pretty sure callers were hanging up just so PA couldn't offer them the CD. Absolutely hilarious.
                        Awesome. The only thing worse than PA's taste in music are his takes on baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Goes to show that any media production without illegal drugs involved is bacon-wrapped awful.
                          Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

So far, not so bad.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Derek Mason could've moonwalked into the endzone if he knew how to catch.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Dan Dierdorf's man crush on AD is getting nauseating.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X