X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: (un-) Official Minnesota Vikings 2009-2010 season thread

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    ...any team could lose their next three games
    That's not true, someone has to play the Raiders.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      If not for turnovers the Vikings would be losing. Scary.
      Isn't that part of the game though? Does it matter where they get turnovers, how they get turnovers, when the get turnovers?

It never makes sense to me when somebody says something like that for any sport.
      Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

If not for the fact that the Packers were the only good team the Vikings have faced thus far....

Please don't give me that rubbish about San Fran. They just started off good and have gone to suck in a heartbeat.

You guys are dooming yourselves by playing so well. Here's why:

Favre will perform his usual retirement carousel this offseason and not return to the Vikings regardless. However, Favre will have played so well that Childress will get an extension with the team. Next year, the Vikings, bolstered by the bull headedness of Childress, will once again give the starting QB job to TSuck and, once again, the Vikings will be mediocre at best.

The good news, though, is that at this pace, the Vikings are sure to win the NFC North hands down and might even make the Title game...

The bad news, the last time they were good, they choked against the Falcons.

Take your pick. Childress was one season away from bye bye land and a chance to take what looks to be a great team and refocus it under a coaching staff that knows what it is doing outside of defense.

This year's team is essentially the same, or very close to it, as last year's team with the exception of Favre. So... by my biased rationale, this year's success so far is directly related to Favre. NOT coaching. So when Favre leaves.... you guys are back to suck. Do you really want to have a team that is THAT reliant upon ONE old media whore primadona?

Yeah, neg rep me for it. But I'm serious. The Vikings could win the whole darn thing. They better do it this year because Childress isn't good enough to do it without Favre even with AP and that great D he has. He's just not that good of a head coach.
        Last edited by redwing77; 10-11-2009, 06:01 PM.
        Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
          If not for the fact that the Packers were the only good team the Vikings have faced thus far....

Please don't give me that rubbish about San Fran. They just started off good and have gone to suck in a heartbeat.

Favre will perform his usual retirement carousel this offseason and not return to the Vikings regardless. However, Favre will have played so well that Childress will get an extension with the team. Next year, the Vikings, bolstered by the bull headedness of Childress, will once again give the starting QB job to TSuck and, once again, the Vikings will be mediocre at best.

The good news, though, is that at this pace, the Vikings are sure to win the NFC North hands down and might even make the Title game...

Take your pick. Childress was one season away from bye bye land and a chance to take what looks to be a great team and refocus it under a coaching staff that knows what it is doing outside of defense.

This year's team is essentially the same, or very close to it, as last year's team with the exception of Favre. So... by my biased rationale, this year's success so far is directly related to Favre. NOT coaching. So when Favre leaves.... you guys are back to suck. Do you really want to have a team that is THAT reliant upon ONE old media whore primadona?
          If you weren't dumber than and didn't smell worse than a 20 lb. bag of dog crap, I just might have read what you just wrote. Sorry.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            If you weren't dumber than and didn't smell worse than a 20 lb. bag of dog crap, I just might have read what you just wrote. Sorry.
            Eh. The only dumb thing about this is that I posted this in the wrong thread.

But I meant what I said. It's one thing to have a bad team and known it and still love them (Cubs). It's another thing to have a team that is almost there but the real key towards success isn't being sought after (Vikings). They have a team that seriously is good enough to win the Super Bowl. They just don't have the coaching to do it.
            Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post

Yeah, neg rep me for it. But I'm serious. The Vikings could win the whole darn thing. They better do it this year because Childress isn't good enough to do it without Favre even with AP and that great D he has. He's just not that good of a head coach.
              I'm just going to assume this is your usual anti-Minnesota rhetoric laced with jealousy since your team sucks...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                That's not true, someone has to play the Raiders.
                And the Rams.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  I'm just going to assume this is your usual anti-Minnesota rhetoric laced with jealousy since your team sucks...
                  Yeah, probably.

Just think: If the Cubs win the World Series, maybe this will all end?
                  Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

Comment

• redwing - the Vikings are something like 16-4 their past 20 regular season games. They've won 6, 8, 10 and ?? under Chili. He's not my favorite coach ever, but the team has got better every year. What happens in the off-season and beyond is quite irrelevent so I suggest you stop taking notes from JF and suck it up.

Comment

Plus Vikings fans were smart enough to see that even though Favre said he wasn't coming back he would still be signed at some point. (my only argument was that Jay Glazer had no idea it was going to happen he was just throwing crap against the wall and hoped it would stick) The retirement fiasco will be no different...we know he is a media whore, we are willing to accept it as long as he produces. Let him flip flop all off season for all we care. We don't have an Aaron Rodgers in the wings that is the future and well we suck in the offseason getting QBs anyways so its a wash

And TJack wont be the starter next year, the only reason he has garbage time now is as audition tape for some team that needs a QB next year. If Favre doesn't come back Sage will be the guy, write it down.

I hate Chilli, but Slap Shot hit the nail on the head...every year the team has improved under him. Hell I remember Packer fans wetting the bed over how awesome Mike McCarthy was and the only good year he has had was with...oh yeah BRETT FAVRE! I wouldn't go cocking off about coaching after your boy ****ed the bed against Chilli Monday Night ok Chilli took the chance lobbying for Favre and so far it has paid off and if it continues too he deserves to get all the credit just like he would take all the blame if/when Favre craps down his leg.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        redwing - the Vikings are something like 16-4 their past 20 regular season games. They've won 6, 8, 10 and ?? under Chili. He's not my favorite coach ever, but the team has got better every year. What happens in the off-season and beyond is quite irrelevent so I suggest you stop taking notes from JF and suck it up.
                        Plus Vikings fans were smart enough to see that even though Favre said he wasn't coming back he would still be signed at some point. (my only argument was that Jay Glazer had no idea it was going to happen he was just throwing crap against the wall and hoped it would stick) The retirement fiasco will be no different...we know he is a media whore, we are willing to accept it as long as he produces. Let him flip flop all off season for all we care. We don't have an Aaron Rodgers in the wings that is the future and well we suck in the offseason getting QBs anyways so its a wash

And TJack wont be the starter next year, the only reason he has garbage time now is as audition tape for some team that needs a QB next year. If Favre doesn't come back Sage will be the guy, write it down.

I hate Chilli, but Slap Shot hit the nail on the head...every year the team has improved under him. Hell I remember Packer fans wetting the bed over how awesome Mike McCarthy was and the only good year he has had was with...oh yeah BRETT FAVRE! I wouldn't go cocking off about coaching after your boy ****ed the bed against Chilli Monday Night ok Chilli took the chance lobbying for Favre and so far it has paid off and if it continues too he deserves to get all the credit just like he would take all the blame if/when Favre craps down his leg.
                        You two both know redwing doesn't like to bring "facts" into an argument...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Amazing. I almost completely agree with Handy.

TJack is gonna be traded (if because of anything, it's the contract that Sage signed...follow the dollar). Why not give him garbage time in blowouts? As for the Favre signing, I bet a very good friend who is a GB/Favre fan that Favre would sign before the season. Needless to say, I won that bet. The Vikings "sold their soul" for Favre, and it is paying off. The downside is that once Favre actually DOES retire, who's taking his place? There's the payoff for the deal with the devil. Hopefully (for Vikes fans), there's the 5 year rule, where if you make/win the SB, you have five years to absolutely suck with no ridicule that is justified from fans.

If they don't make the SB this year, I'm gonna watch the dominoes fall. It won't be pretty.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I think you are a bit melodramatic, it all depends on how it plays out. If they make the NFC Title game and have to go to New York and lose I don't think there will be much that will be done or should be done. (if they host the title game and lose that is a different story obviously)

And in reality there shouldn't be much fallout if they make it that far anyways. That would still be a major improvement from last year which was the whole point. Lets say Favre retires as long as Sage can be 10% better than TJack I dont think the team collapse or going the crapper next year. It isnt all or nothing no matter how much the fans want to believe it is.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              If they don't make the SB this year, I'm gonna watch the dominoes fall. It won't be pretty.
                              I agree. They're all in on this one. Has there ever been a season before where the general consensus is that the Vikings need to make the Super Bowl, or heads would roll?
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I think you are a bit melodramatic, it all depends on how it plays out. If they make the NFC Title game and have to go to New York and lose I don't think there will be much that will be done or should be done. (if they host the title game and lose that is a different story obviously)

And in reality there shouldn't be much fallout if they make it that far anyways. That would still be a major improvement from last year which was the whole point. Lets say Favre retires as long as Sage can be 10% better than TJack I dont think the team collapse or going the crapper next year. It isnt all or nothing no matter how much the fans want to believe it is.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                I agree. They're all in on this one. Has there ever been a season before where the general consensus is that the Vikings need to make the Super Bowl, or heads would roll?

As for bbdl's post, 1998 rings a bell. But overall? Chili has been given all that he's wanted: a stud RB, a (arguably) stud QB, serviceable receivers, and his record has improved every year. If it doesn't happen this year, what more can the franchise do? That is where I think heads will roll. Is it fair? Heck no. Does it happen? Heck yes. See: Mariucci (SF) (IIRC) when he made the playoffs with a marginal team and STILL got fired?

If Chili doesn't make the SB, and truthfully they could get blown out 9807538902-0 in the SB, but if they don't make it, it wouldn't matter, he's gone, and TJack is traded, and Favre is gone. They may try to become the new Baltimore Ravens (circa early 2000's) and have a stud RB and stellar defense, and live off of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X