2024 Elections: One Last Chance for Democracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://popular.info/p/the-most-impo...ime-statistics

TIME: Okay, sir. Violent crime is going down throughout the country. There was a 6% drop in—

Trump: I don't believe it.

TIME: You don’t believe that?

Trump: Yeah, they’re fake numbers.

TIME: You think so?

Trump: Well it came out last night. The FBI gave fake numbers.

TIME: I didn't see that, but the FBI said that there was a 13% drop [in homicides] in 2023.

Trump: I don’t believe it. No, it’s a lie. It’s fake news.
    Last edited by French Rage; 06-12-2024, 11:09 PM.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Yeah this was carryover from a discussion on Bluesky. Just a lot of "this is objectively good. It's a continuation of objectively good results. But caution is warranted when your string of +20-30 is in small low turnout specials."

Wasn't trying to throw it back in your face or anything like that. Just offering my take on the numbers.
      Oh don’t worry, you’re not a poster whose sole purpose is to be an *******

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Venezuela doesn’t share criminal records with the US so not sure what border patrol can do to vet them out specifically
        Southern cops ain’t border patrol…. These cops are covered in military grade equipment.
        if the press knows there are 5 crimes, cops shoulda shut them down after 1.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• https://www.threads.net/@beinglibera...nUgKcpQ2Pi1WiQ

A Republican Senate hopeful in Nevada is accusing former President Donald Trump of taking money in exchange for endorsements—a bombshell claim that his campaign, when pressed by The New York Times for evidence, said it could prove. “Yes he can, stay tuned,”...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Talking head this morning on CNBC must have given Joe Kernen a massive erection talking about Trump meeting with the council of business owners this week. It's a "clear indication Trump is going to win and the corporation owners want to make sure they're on the winning team. This also means that these corporations are going to doing what's best for businesses and will stop doing DEI."

(I was so glad it was radio so I didn't have to see Joe rub one out live on TV).
            Meanwhile, I work for a company that made its start in the 1800s explicitly catering to the DEI crowd before such a term existed. And we still celebrate the practice today, perhaps the only thing this company does right, IMO.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• That's probably not illegal. The party is a private club, it can do anything but violate protected category civil rights. And The Convict's endorsement is just speech.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• sitting at breakfast today in Bucharest near fellow Americans and overhearing their conversation.
                dude was lamenting the removal of native names from sports teams, claiming that without this the culture will disappear from history.
                these are the voters all y’all are relying on to keep the donald from office

Comment

• I can remember gritting my teeth while at breakfast with co-workers who called it "disrespectful" when a handful of NFL players were kneeling during the anthem in solidarity with Kaepernick. Anytime a mediocre white person feels uncomfortable or distressed, out comes the derp.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I can remember gritting my teeth while at breakfast with co-workers who called it "disrespectful" when a handful of NFL players were kneeling during the anthem in solidarity with Kaepernick. Anytime a mediocre white person feels uncomfortable or distressed, out comes the derp.
                    ****, it's June, hence all the "straight pride"/"Pride is an Abomination" crap I'm going to see at Holland and Grand Rapids Pride fests over the next couple weeks.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      sitting at breakfast today in Bucharest near fellow Americans and overhearing their conversation.
                      dude was lamenting the removal of native names from sports teams, claiming that without this the culture will disappear from history.
                      Didn't realize CPAC had another conference this week.
                      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

sitting at breakfast today in Bucharest near fellow Americans and overhearing their conversation.
                        No one said the average voter was smart...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

Didn't realize CPAC had another conference this week.
                          Having it in Romania, Hungary, or Slovakia would track though. It's like a who's who of rural Orthodox and Catholic cultural derp leading to cryptofascists in power.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Having it in Romania, Hungary, or Slovakia would track though. It's like a who's who of rural Orthodox and Catholic cultural derp leading to cryptofascists in power.
                            Sadly mookie was hoping to escape Americans here at least.
                            gonna miss all this. Can’t believe we are now under a month until mookie has to move back and deal with English speaking morons every day
                            so pleasant sitting here at a table off an alley and not understanding a word being said. just left to be in my own private Idaho

Comment

Sadly mookie was hoping to escape Americans here at least.
                              gonna miss all this. Can’t believe we are now under a month until mookie has to move back and deal with English speaking morons every day
                              so pleasant sitting here at a table off an alley and not understanding a word being said. just left to be in my own private Idaho
                              You could move to Baton Rouge. I sat at a restaurant table there, once, and didn't understand a thing said by the waitstaff, or anyone around me.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• https://newrepublic.com/post/182733/...g-debate-biden

If Biden does well, it's because he's on drugs. If Trump does poorly, it's because he did it on purpose.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X