X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Bob Menendez found guilty on all counts.
    As he should, and unlike the GQP in which crimes are now a badge of honor there are Democrats calling for him to resign.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Bob Menendez found guilty on all counts.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Boomtards have found a new cause celebre - protecting womenfolk from the draft many of them proudly dodged back in the day.
    How can they be in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant if they's off fighting wars and all that ****?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Boomtards have found a new cause celebre - protecting womenfolk from the draft many of them proudly dodged back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    The same Larry Hogan that daughter-in-law he wants to **** was all but kicking out of the Republican party just a couple weeks ago?

That Larry Hogan?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Hogan was down 10 points against Alsobrooks going into the primaries last month, so with the Democrats now all behind one candidate he's between a rock and a hard place.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Dementia Donnie endorsing Larry hogan for senate

exactly what Larry deserves

Leave a comment:

• l00ns0ng
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Yeah, I feel like as much as video games are now mainstream and a mature industry that brings in more money than movies or music, self- identified "gamers" are God awful. They've always been there, but their percentage among the younger set feels larger.
    Don't you think the problem isn't with the games themselves? I also play a lot of games here and have a great gaming community where there's no misogyny or hate at all. Maybe the issue lies within the communities that have formed around these games? Or perhaps it's that nowadays it's much easier for people from all over the world to unite around any idea since all you need is the internet?
    Last edited by l00ns0ng; 06-27-2024, 03:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c51206...-raskin-jordan

Jamie Raskin is really good at this.

Also, Gym Jordan is a stunning liar.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Fetterman and wife now in hospital after he apparently rear ended someone on highway

…will he come out even more conservative?

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Fetterman tells Maher that his near death experience made progressivism leave him
    "Brain damage made me conservative."

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Fetterman tells Maher that his near death experience made progressivism leave him

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

I'm not blaming video game culture, Lord knows I played my share of Quake, Team Fortess, and the like back in the day. I'm saying that self-described "gamers" are a particularly misogynistic sub-culture, and I think that particular group is growing.

Maybe it's just they're more visible these days thanks to Twitch and the like. Certainly possible.
    You werent but it sounded like Fade was...

And I think your second point is right...I don't think it is growing so much as it is just platformed much bigger now. I mean back in the day we always knew that other countries had huge populations of gamers that we had little access too. Now you can find it everywhere.

There is a definite subculture of misogynistic gamers (Gamergate happened for a reason) but I don't think it is growing all that much from its hey day. People like that always existed they just weren't seen and heard. Now they can go on 8chan and spout their crap while talking in a chat watching some Andrew Tate wannabe play Fortnite while scamming them for money.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    I have nothing to base this on, but I'm not so sure the community is growing so much as now they broadcast everything they do on SM sometimes to a very large audience. I mean there are YT channels getting hundreds of thousands of views of a host WATCHING someone else play a video game and adding commentary.

When I used to clan in Counter-Strike the commentary was extremely blue, but there was hardly a female to be found. My sons say now there are plenty of female gamers.

There are girls on TikTok in which half of their videos are of them putting on makeup while "dishing out some t". Thousands of daily views.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I honestly don't buy the numbers anyway. I think there is a disconnect between what is being asked and how it is being interpreted.

For once mookie nailed it. There is no way 43% of Gen Z females are misogynistic and anti feminist ideals. I taught/teach Gen Z it's ludicrous. Its like people who say "I am not a Trumper" but agree with everything he says and vote for him and the people he supports. They just don't like the label.

And blaming video game culture is lazy Boomer bullchit. It wasn't true of music in the 80s, vidro games in the 90s, tv shows my entire life or violent films. Again as someone who teaches these kids they act no different about this stuff than we did...they just have a louder platform for it. You guys have just forgotten how obnoxious and dbaggy we all were.

You guys sound like all our parents yelling at clouds when we were kids.
    I'm not blaming video game culture, Lord knows I played my share of Quake, Team Fortess, and the like back in the day. I'm saying that self-described "gamers" are a particularly misogynistic sub-culture, and I think that particular group is growing.

Maybe it's just they're more visible these days thanks to Twitch and the like. Certainly possible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X