No announcement yet.

118th Congress II - Neutered Dog Thrown In Gravel Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchin leaves the Democratic Party and registers as an independent. Rumors he may run again in ‘24 against Jim Justice.

The sad thing is, based on 2020 results, even if Manchin and Justice split the red vote, the Dem would still lose.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

He hasn't voted as a Democrat in at least a year and has screwed over Biden with the Federal Courts for months...this is not surprising.

So that makes it 50-49-1?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        He hasn't voted as a Democrat in at least a year and has screwed over Biden with the Federal Courts for months...this is not surprising.

So that makes it 50-49-1?
        Still 51-49. He’s going to continue caucusing. Probably splitting hairs, but an NBC article pointed out today is an important day to do it, because resigning today allows him to run for Senate in WV without the state having a say if he can be on the ballot. They’re allowed to disallow someone if they had switched parties within 60 days of a primary.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Manchin leaves the Democratic Party and registers as an independent. Rumors he may run again in ‘24 against Jim Justice.

The sad thing is, based on 2020 results, even if Manchin and Justice split the red vote, the Dem would still lose.
          LOL. That tracks. I hope the Dems just run a full-on Lefty in that case. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. And I swear to Christ a True Lefty can take 34% of the vote anywhere in this country. Maybe not 35 in some places... but 34. And I'll bet in the real horses-arse red area of this country there is actually a higher percentage of the Loony Left -- the guys even I want to slow their roll. Because living among those GOP cretins all your life takes a toll.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's fine. I'd rather he leaves the party, campaigns on how ****ty the dems are, and still votes with us about 50% more than Justice will.

Manchin is by far the most valuable senator in the senate. Maybe of the last 50 years.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

LOL. That tracks. I hope the Dems just run a full-on Lefty in that case. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. And I swear to Christ a True Lefty can take 34% of the vote anywhere in this country. Maybe not 35 in some places... but 34. And I'll bet in the real horses-arse red area of this country there is actually a higher percentage of the Loony Left -- the guys even I want to slow their roll. Because living among those GOP cretins all your life takes a toll.
              Nah screw that. The lefty will get slaughtered and pull votes from manchin guaranteeing a ****tier result for democrats. Just an incredible self own if they do that.

it's the difference between the VP breaking the tie and Senate Majority Leader McConnell.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Congress has invited Netanyahu to give an address to congress

super

Comment

You know what would be less insane?

if this were some convoluted, hairbrained idea to lure him into getting arrested by the ICJ
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Nah screw that. The lefty will get slaughtered and pull votes from manchin guaranteeing a ****tier result for democrats. Just an incredible self own if they do that.

it's the difference between the VP breaking the tie and Senate Majority Leader McConnell.
                    This is a winning strategy...Kepler is living in a land of unicorns and rainbows where ideas like that work and don't completely screw everything up.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I assume there is no way Manchin wins, unless the Dems literally do not run a candidate. dx, I agree with you about Manchin's value, but come November he ceases to exist.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oki think we're all in agreement.
                        Code:

Comment

Yeah Manchin is banking on his name giving him a shot as an Independent but his name value has been dying each election.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Manchin is just like every politician in WV. They have no interest in changing their worst in the country statistics, because those stats simply keep them in power.
                            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Beau brought up the point that Manchin might be eyeing the WV Governor's seat. And that he wants to avoid the stigma of having a "D" next to his name in that race.

That makes sense, especially if he wants something a bit less stressful.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                Beau brought up the point that Manchin might be eyeing the WV Governor's seat. And that he wants to avoid the stigma of having a "D" next to his name in that race.

That makes sense, especially if he wants something a bit less stressful.
                                This is exactly what I’ve read. Manchin has a far better chance winning the governorship against Morrisey, a far-right whack job he’s already beaten once in the 2018 Senate race, than he does against Jim Justice. Looks like he endorsed the Democratic candidate, a political neophyte, right before he switched parties, and the head of the WVa Democratic Party is none too happy. Won’t claim to know how that would affect anything. But to echo everyone else, Manchin is far better than any Republican. I’d turn a liberal Democrat in California into a conservative Democrat before I ever wanted Manchin turned into a Republican…

Comment

Working...
                                X